Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Suggestions for Huttball

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Suggestions for Huttball

BloodStain
12.18.2011 , 02:26 PM | #1
Hate it. Needs working on:

Cut down the length of the actual warzone. Sitting through a game of huttball, and you're losing is by far one of the worst things in this game. You have no healers, your team doesn't know how to pass and the enemy team just keeps going and going.
Yes, I know games end once a team has reached 6 points, but if you're team has the slightest bit of defence, this can take up the whole bloody game. AND IT'S BORED.

And..

Add a dedicated pass button. This isn't hard to do, just shove a button above your normal skill bar labed "THROW BALL" and shove the normal icon ontop of it. This ensures people know HOW TO THROW THE DAMN BALL.

Just my 2 pence on suggestions for my least favourite warzone .

Jurary
12.18.2011 , 02:51 PM | #2
Huttball is 13 minutes of pure carnage. Forget the ball, you'll be racking up MVP medals by getting the most medals and having lowlifes vote for you.
"I'm a Marauder, thus I will destroy you"

Lerdoc
12.18.2011 , 03:03 PM | #3
Length is ok. People having no slightest clue are not. And they can't be fixed.

Restepor
12.18.2011 , 03:25 PM | #4
I've found Huttball turning more and more into a standard death match. Most people forget the ball even exists. Also having a shorter match or some sort of way for the losing team to get an advantage, maybe something like Uncharted 3's is you know what I'm talking about, and it could be a lot better.

Jurary
12.18.2011 , 04:32 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Restepor View Post
I've found Huttball turning more and more into a standard death match. Most people forget the ball even exists. Also having a shorter match or some sort of way for the losing team to get an advantage, maybe something like Uncharted 3's is you know what I'm talking about, and it could be a lot better.
The game isn't even released yet and you want to have it casualized. Please consider not subscribing after early acces is over.
"I'm a Marauder, thus I will destroy you"

Nakemi
12.18.2011 , 04:38 PM | #6
I adore Huttball players who run the ball back to their own side .

I just wanna hug them and tell them its going to be ok...
We be Smuggling

Endel
12.18.2011 , 04:39 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Lerdoc View Post
Length is ok. People having no slightest clue are not. And they can't be fixed.
This.

And it also could be said about the other two warzones. I'm surprised at how many people have absolutely zero clue, what to do in warzones. After 2nd try people should know very well what to do in them but most of them don't and i just can't understand this phenomenon.

When you try to explain usually i get "shut up and let us just play".

Well this may be because i\m on a PVE server but that doesn't mean people should stop using brain when going for warzones...

Anyway, Huttball would be nice with the OP's suggestions implemented. Too many people have no clue that they even can pass a ball so there should be a big icon in the middle of the screen for them.
Scoundrel
Operative
Only a few are looking forward with optimism...

Sabredance
12.18.2011 , 04:41 PM | #8
Huttball rocks.

Leave it alone.

And take Void Star with you.

wtb_skillz
12.18.2011 , 04:42 PM | #9
I like that you only get medals for non objective stuff. I get fewer currency and xp foI'mr being a ball runner lol.
Lothario Leader of Malevolent Empire Tarro Blood
Guild Site
Recruit Post
Follow us on Twitter @Malevolent_SWOR

Melvelet
12.18.2011 , 05:17 PM | #10
They should give more medals for objectives and generally encourage teamplay so people don't fight mindlessly all the time.