Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Keep getting disconnected from server

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Keep getting disconnected from server

viewtifuldee
06.14.2012 , 04:39 PM | #1
Ever since I transferred, I've been getting disconnected from the server constantly. It'll usually happen in the middle of a battle. My character stops responding. The signal strength icon goes to one bar, then to a red X. After that, I'm booted to the server list with error code 9000. I pick the server that I was on, and I get another another error which boots me to the desktop.

After that, I'm still able to surf the web, etc. I can also log back in after restarting the game client.

I've tried:
*Restarting the computer.
*Restarting my router.
*Connecting directly to my modem through an ethernet cable.
*Repairing my client.

Nothing works. Before transferring, I could play all day if I wanted to without ever getting so much as a lag spike. Now, I'm constantly disconnecting. What's going on?
█╬╬╬╬╬╬█|{ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Wewed
06.14.2012 , 04:51 PM | #2
I am here with the same problem.

Transferred from Dark Reaper to the Bastion and am having disconnect problems. It seems to happen mostly in a wz but that maybe because that is what I mostly do

It happens about 1 out of 4-5 games, but it has also happened while zoning into Fleet.

I all get the error code 9000. I never had this issue on Dark Reaper, so perhaps it has something to do with the population on the new server.

viewtifuldee
06.14.2012 , 05:23 PM | #3
I'm hoping it's an unstable server or something due to the transfers. It would suck if I couldn't play. I mean, the issue of a low pop has been solved for me, but now i can't stay connected. >.<
█╬╬╬╬╬╬█|{ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Crimus
06.15.2012 , 01:46 PM | #4
I'm having the same problem as well. For me it started on Tuesday before I was able to transfer, and has continued since my transfer last night.

Totally random, doesn't have anything to do with what I'm doing in game....happened while tanking zorn, in space combat, standing at a mailbox on fleet, on my ship waiting for crafting to finish, etc...

just keeps on happening. playing, then all of a sudden kicked to server select screen with error 9000.

multiple characters as well.

ChosenWriter
06.15.2012 , 01:54 PM | #5
I've been having similar issues, even on servers where I haven't transferred (though it is a destination server- Jedi Covenant).

ceni
07.04.2012 , 07:17 AM | #6
so do i. is anyone going to do anything to help us here ??????

Powerstation
07.04.2012 , 07:22 AM | #7
Same issue here. As soon as I start to bog down, I immediately alt/tab to check my connection via various methods, and I'm always still on the internet with great speed, so it has yet to be an internet connection issue on my end.

I can only imagine it's something in the pathway to their server, or the server itself.
- Powerstation

Himeji_Endless
07.04.2012 , 07:44 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Wewed View Post
I am here with the same problem.

Transferred from Dark Reaper to the Bastion and am having disconnect problems. It seems to happen mostly in a wz but that maybe because that is what I mostly do

It happens about 1 out of 4-5 games, but it has also happened while zoning into Fleet.

I all get the error code 9000. I never had this issue on Dark Reaper, so perhaps it has something to do with the population on the new server.
See i knew it! I'm also on The Bastion (new to it) and am getting error 9000 over and over and over again within the last 3 days. Prior to that, it was decent - comon BW, there's gotta be a point where the same issue can't ALL be us! Do something!

PorsaLindahl
07.04.2012 , 08:21 AM | #9
I know there was a thread about these problems somewhere in here, but can't locate it. This isn't a new issue, unfortunately.

I was having the same problem on Nathema since 1.2. Even after transferring to Jedi Covenant, it still happens. Latency drops to 1 bar. Several guildies were saying the same thing. Not all of these latency "spikes" result in disconnects. 9 out of 10 are usually a 10-30 second lock up. I've even gone as far as to have my ISP replace my modem and run a complete diagnostic on my home systems and the connection to them.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge. There is no fear; there is power. I am the heart of the Force. I am the revealing fire of light. I am the mystery of darkness. In balance with chaos and harmony. Immortal in the Force.

Darthdep
07.11.2012 , 06:51 PM | #10
I'm getting the same thing. Contacted Customer support and they tried to blame it on me without telling me how to fix it. My internet works fine. It was fine even after the transfer to a new server till I grouped up with some people. Now I can't stay connected at all.