Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tips for Romancing Elara Dorne

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Tips for Romancing Elara Dorne

Mokkil
12.24.2011 , 07:39 AM | #31
Can someone please explain to me what the point of the romance is in the game? I feel like everyone in here is just ignoring the previous comment because they are all too excited to get some e-poon which is kind of weird... but lets not go there.

Do you actually get anything from this that is useful?

Savageman
12.24.2011 , 08:09 AM | #32
The only reason I'm pursuing romances in the game is because it adds more to the storyline of each character. By taking time with "extra" things like romances, it takes longer to go through the game which allows me to enjoy a character longer before finishing the class story and end game content. I thought the Sgt Jaxo thing was kinda funny at the beginning when I had Jorgen with me. I can't speak for others, though. I just like taking my time with characters in games like this.

mothermoy
12.24.2011 , 11:29 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Frezu View Post
btw this does not work very well with girls in real life.

they react about the same way as I react when my cats drags in a dead bird it killed last week. thank you kitty!
the key is not lots and lots, its knowing your wife/girlfriend well enough to know what she really really likes......only then can you hit the homeruns.....

Doriath
12.24.2011 , 02:21 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Mokkil View Post
Whats the point of the romance? If it doesnt actually get me something of value in the game I dont want to waste time doing so.
Its about progressing in the story.That is all.If you dont want to you dont have to.
Are you seriously suggesting sir, something sinister sounding circumstantially surrounding some scissors?!

xzxzxz
12.24.2011 , 06:14 PM | #35
Can someone please explain to me what the point of the romance is in the game? I feel like everyone in here is just ignoring the previous comment because they are all too excited to get some e-poon which is kind of weird... but lets not go there.

This is a story driven game. If you want gear from every little thing you do, then go back to WoW.

klauzius
12.24.2011 , 09:11 PM | #36
Is it possible to romance with M1-4X?

Ohohoho.

darthvalg
12.25.2011 , 04:51 AM | #37
So I've been trying to romance her and every quest I do only gives me 5 XP. Is this normal??? My other companions actually give me some XP but I dread conversations with elara because it means I don't get any free XP like the others...

Inzil
12.25.2011 , 06:50 AM | #38
My advice is, watch out for your dialogue choices when you bust the imperial prison and if you have Elara with you.

A single class quest, -400 affection for Elara. Oh well

lKurganl
12.25.2011 , 09:11 AM | #39
Going to skip romancing her, horrible romance choice. She's emotionless and a stuck up (well you know). Best companion by my level (36) is M1x4, problem is, he doesn't work that great with a Trooper, Dorne works better, I loved working with him, the dialogue was much better.
AMD Phenom II x6 1055T @ 3.9GHz | AMD 6950 2GB | MSI 790FX GD70 | G.Skill 8GB DDR3 2000Mhz | Liquid Cooled | PC&P 750W | CM HAF 922 | 2x 750 WD BE in RAID0 | 27" Asus

Thalore
12.25.2011 , 11:18 AM | #40

I recently maxed out my faction with her, and the main point (besides the epoon you speak of) I saw was she gave me ton's of extra XP. After most planets she will want to talk with you, and you romance her, thus giving you 10-20k XP. I thought it was very worth wile I'd say total I probably got about 100-200k xp from here up to 50.
(▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)▀▀╪╪╪╣
Thalore (Leader) - POWER - Republic PvP Elite - Now Recruiting