Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Force In Balance Bug

Livings_End's Avatar


Livings_End
06.14.2012 , 12:43 PM | #1
I've played balance spec on my shadow since release, it is by far my favorite spec in the game. Although, there is a minor bug with "Force in Balance".

In its description, it says it will heal "1% for every enemy struck, up to three enemies" From my understanding that means up to 3% health gained ,correct?

And with the "Psychic Absorption" the healing done by force in balance is increased by 100%, so we're at 6% healing, correct?

From testing with three enemies around, and one enemy around, Force in balance ALWAYS heals for 2%, so perhaps the mechanic that increases healing done per enemy struck is broken? ( I came to this conclusion because it only heals for 1% without Psychic Absorption, with it it is correctly doublded)

Thank you,

Drew, Jekk Jekk Tarr

Livings_End's Avatar


Livings_End
06.14.2012 , 12:45 PM | #2
Even if the healing is not increased, that is completely fine. I will still love the spec either way. But maybe just change the wording of it if you don't.

Zakaan's Avatar


Zakaan
06.19.2012 , 11:26 PM | #3
Those have got to be the most worthless talent points I've ever seen.

Occu_lus's Avatar


Occu_lus
06.20.2012 , 04:42 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Zakaan View Post
Those have got to be the most worthless talent points I've ever seen.
well, if you have a look at the balance tree you ll see that there are no other options.

Ycoga's Avatar


Ycoga
12.13.2012 , 05:18 AM | #5
I've logged a bug to BW CS about this, because whether my FiB hits 1 or 3 people I always get healed for about 200!

If my health is at 20k at the time, then that's 1% healing when I hit 3 people!

Yet another sage nerf, eh? What a crock.

If I specced into psychic absorption I SHOULD be getting 1200 HP every time I cast FiB and it hits 3 people.

There's a huge difference between 200 and 600, let alone 1200, in a WZ, BW!

By the way, how do I prove that THThrow is actually providing 1% of my force back like it should? Is this also nerfed for sages??
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

Altheran's Avatar


Altheran
12.13.2012 , 10:02 AM | #6
Are you sure that you don't get three times a 200 heal but all of the three numbers are over each other and so you see only one of them ?

Ycoga's Avatar


Ycoga
12.13.2012 , 12:02 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Altheran View Post
Are you sure that you don't get three times a 200 heal but all of the three numbers are over each other and so you see only one of them ?
Yeah; I see one '200' value floating above my character.
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

Ycoga's Avatar


Ycoga
12.13.2012 , 04:42 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Altheran View Post
Are you sure that you don't get three times a 200 heal but all of the three numbers are over each other and so you see only one of them ?
This may in fact be true - sometimes I can see what appears to be mixed numbers after FIB.
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

rlamela's Avatar


rlamela
12.13.2012 , 10:22 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Livings_End View Post
I've played balance spec on my shadow since release, it is by far my favorite spec in the game. Although, there is a minor bug with "Force in Balance".

In its description, it says it will heal "1% for every enemy struck, up to three enemies" From my understanding that means up to 3% health gained ,correct?

And with the "Psychic Absorption" the healing done by force in balance is increased by 100%, so we're at 6% healing, correct?

From testing with three enemies around, and one enemy around, Force in balance ALWAYS heals for 2%, so perhaps the mechanic that increases healing done per enemy struck is broken? ( I came to this conclusion because it only heals for 1% without Psychic Absorption, with it it is correctly doublded)

Thank you,

Drew, Jekk Jekk Tarr
Ive reported this bug many times to bioware and they have yet to answer it. I have just under 20K health and I have psychic absorption which doubles it to 2% of each target hit. Yet when I hit 3 targets I only get 400 health back, not 1200 like Im suppose to. Bioware doesnt care tho because we arent warrior/knights. Ive tested it many time by using Noble Sacrifice before FiB and I only get back 400 health

Jenna'syyde