Let Us Off The Fatman

Kashley

So, while I am disappointed that transfers for the East Coast PvP server are now headed for Po5 I would be willing to be ok with that if BioWare would consider allowing all the people who are going there to get their re-rolls off The Fatman and on to PO5.

I for one, got so tired of doing nothing on IC that I rerolled Fatman about three months ago. I have played that toon so long that it is better geared the the characters I abandoned on IC. Now, I am sat here knowing I will probably get sent to Po5 but that my now favourite character is on The Fatman. Allow me to take my character off The Fatman and reunite it with the rest of my characters. I want to be able to play my other 50's as well again and get my level 30 legacy back.

It is not fair to your player base to punish them for rerolling to the only 'alive' server while waiting for you to fix the population issues. You have allowed a portion of your population to go to a server where all the re-rolls went giving them the opportunity to reunite their re-rolls with their original legacy's.

As a paying subscriber, I am not asking you to send me to The Fatman because of a juvenile temper tantrum, I am simply asking for the same opportunity the players that got transferred to The Fatman got. To reunite my re-rolls with my originals.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People didn't get transferred to Fatman to re-unite characters with their re-roll...

Complaining for transfers from high pop to (soon to be) high pop defeats the whole purpose of what BW is trying to do for now.

It is not fair to your player base to punish them for rerolling to the only 'alive' server while waiting for you to fix the population issues. You have allowed a portion of your population to go to a server where all the re-rolls went giving them the opportunity to reunite their re-rolls with their original legacy's.

Letting you play on the server you chose to create a character on and play on is not "punishment". In fact, very few players have all their characters consolidated on one server. They either got lucky and started on a server that remained reasonably populated or got very lucky with the transfer process. It's hard to claim you are being punished by enduring what most players are and you that you chose to set-up.

I hope we all are allowed to consolidate our characters as we like in the future but, let's ease up on the "punishment" rhetoric.

So, while I am disappointed that transfers for the East Coast PvP server are now headed for Po5 I would be willing to be ok with that if BioWare would consider allowing all the people who are going there to get their re-rolls off The Fatman and on to PO5.

I for one, got so tired of doing nothing on IC that I rerolled Fatman about three months ago. I have played that toon so long that it is better geared the the characters I abandoned on IC. Now, I am sat here knowing I will probably get sent to Po5 but that my now favourite character is on The Fatman. Allow me to take my character off The Fatman and reunite it with the rest of my characters. I want to be able to play my other 50's as well again and get my level 30 legacy back.

As a paying subscriber, I am not asking you to send me to The Fatman because of a juvenile temper tantrum, I am simply asking for the same opportunity the players that got transferred to The Fatman got. To reunite my re-rolls with my originals.

I agree with the OP. After the free transfers to balance populations are done (and the almost empty servers are closed), BW should allow everyone ONE FREE consolidation transfer which would combine all of their characters to any one server on which they already have characters. PAID transfers should come after that.

As the OP says we should not have to pay for BW's idiocy of allowing too many servers to become empty that the game was no longer even playable on them. To put it another way, we should not have to pay to recombine characters which BW effectively forced us to separate.

If I was sticking around, I think I'd want the option to get off Jedi Covenant too. I was getting like 10 FPS on fleet, chat was flooded with all kinds of trolls, constant guild invites, and then the server was full, and that wasn't even prime time.

It had been a nice, balanced population and Jedi Covenant felt more like a third-world refugee center yesterday.

Edited by jgelling

How are you being punished? Such emotional terms really seem out of place when you're talking about a character on a server.

If I was sticking around, I think I'd want the option to get off Jedi Covenant too. I was getting like 10 FPS on fleet, chat was flooded with all kinds of trolls, constant guild invites, and then the server was full, and that wasn't even prime time.

It had been a nice, balanced population and Jedi Covenant felt more like a third-world refugee center yesterday.

Ya, I have to agree. I couldn't see my own character, & it's truly the first time in SWTOR that I had to turn off General Chat. It will probably settle down - I'm sure it will, but the options feel a bit limited. I'm curious - is there *really* going to be just one pve-east server? (or 2 - don't remember what CO is)

You knew transfers were coming.

You were impatient.

This is the cost (literally) of your impatience. Considering how low that cost will be, you should be happy that your life lesson was so cheap.

Wrong. Many servers were too dead to do 4-man heroics, flashpoints, or find anything on the GTN months ago. Before we had any ETA on transfers. For all we knew. they might not come till the end of 2012. Our choice was to quit (for who knows how long) or reroll on a playable server. In fact, BW support/customer service was telling players as recently as two months ago, that there was no ETA on transfers and to reroll on high pop servers if the game was unplayable on our current servers.

Not, only that, but we still have no ETA on consolidation transfers (which is what this thread is about). There is no way to reasonably claim that I should have just kept playing my original character from February until now on a server with no GTN, no 4-mans, no flashpoints and no-WZs.

Hence, BW, for all intents and purposes, forced (and even encouraged) rerolls. So, they are responsible for fixing the problem they created with FREE consolidation (at least temporarily). I am sorry if the ability to understand this is beyond you.

Edited by boxfetish

You were impatient.

This is the cost (literally) of your impatience. Considering how low that cost will be, you should be happy that your life lesson was so cheap.

except originally there was no actual word on transfers, so if you went "this server is dead" and re rolled you easily could have been re rolling during the assumption of transfers period

You were impatient.

I know they are transferring people but have no idea when I will be transfered and am tired of waiting.

To the OP I'm sorry that you are on a crowded server and I understand that you would like all your characters on the same server but I think that they will have to wait there until they get all the people off the dead servers. Good luck.

I know they are transferring people but have no idea when I will be transfered and am tired of waiting.

To the OP I'm sorry that you are on a crowded server and I understand that you would like all your characters on the same server but I think that they will have to wait there until they get all the people off the dead servers. Good luck.

This is true enough. They will have to finish transfers to fix population issues and then close most of the lower pop servers afterwards. Then, after that is done they can start allowing players to consolidate (for free initially) and then paid transfer after that.

I have a question, though: for the servers that are origin servers for the transfers happening right now, is character creation for new players disabled? If not, how much sense does it make to allow mass transfers off of these servers but to still let new players create characters on them? I guess this ultimately begs the question: Why aren't these low pop servers just merged into the higher pop servers and then gone? Why haff-a55 it with voluntary transfers instead of mandatory merging?

Edited by boxfetish

Why don't you reroll to a light server? Oh wait... I've seen this movie before. History will always repeat itself.

Edited by AFKGCWBOT

As if they have time to see where every "paid account" person has made toons. Give it time, heck I am from Twin Spears, I made a toon on Fatman. I was hoping for Fatman now its looking like Po5 server. I'll make the best of it, serious people if they reacted to every complaint this game would just suck or any MMO's for that matter.

All you people that rerolled to a heavy pop server when your original server wasn't dead yet get what you deserve. If it was dead, then I don't blame you for moving.

I really hope you all enjoy lag. I just feel sorry for those who were original members of fatman.