Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

difference between [AREA 4] & [HEROIC 4]?

gaghiel
12.18.2011 , 02:15 PM | #1
I took the elevator down in some warehouse on balmorra i think, and automatically got an [AREA 4] quest called Research and Development. It is a heroic area, but the quest says area 4 instead.

nobody seems to be doing the quest when i do an LFG for it. are these randomly found heroic quest areas? Why can't i find any info about them, and why is nobody else doing them?

Drethon
12.20.2011 , 08:32 AM | #2
Yeah, ran into a few while running beta (but was able to solo all mine with some difficulty). Area quests are triggered by walking into an area (so you may want to point this out in asking for a group) whereas heroics are all NPC given. The couple I ran into were rather fun.

Mikesglory
12.20.2011 , 08:59 AM | #3
Heroic 4 are repeatable quests, Area 4 can only ever be completed once.

Also Heroic 4 get given by quest givers, Area 4 get given by discovering the area.

Bloqw
01.14.2012 , 12:19 PM | #4
I found one of these zones in the droid factory on Balmorra, when looking for a Datacrone. At least one of the quests are repeatable according to the quest text the mission will reset in the morning. The one i dropped down to "Research lab...something" had a lot of droids with around 25 k hitpoints. Guess thats alot when the average character are level 18-20.