Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

RP-PVP question

kirorx
12.13.2011 , 11:39 AM | #1
I would like to roll on a RP server. I am a bit new to RP as there was not alot of that is SWG but i would like to try it out.

I do alot of PvP at end game.

What could I expect on an RP/PVP server?

The idea seems fun IMO, but what keeps it from becoming another PVP server over time?

yutrio
12.13.2011 , 11:59 AM | #2
I'm sure those that have actually played on RP-PvP servertypes in the past could answer this better than me, but here's my two credits:

Basically folks who do RP-PvP RP, but use PvPing as a part of their roleplaying experience. Which is great for things like faction vs faction, as I believe that conflict and RP go hand-in-hand with each other. Not only that, but I think that it can enrichen a server community when it can shape its own IC server history through large-scale, community-coordinated world events.

Balbosa
12.13.2011 , 12:09 PM | #3
What yutrio said. But yeah, just make sure to join a rp guild to rp if you like. Not everyone on rppvp servers will rp, but the servers are a heck of a lot more fun than boring rppve ones.

Surberus
12.13.2011 , 12:13 PM | #4
I would go into the experience with the idea of a PVP server in my mind, as predominantly that is what the gameplay mechanics* will be like, and that is first and for most (Atleast prior to maximising level) the thing which will influence your enjoyment.

Impossible to judge the RP or indeed population of any server at this stage.

*e.g. Being attacked by other players on contested planets.
Your friendly neighbourhood space slug
TRASK ULGO

Rhysling
12.13.2011 , 03:07 PM | #5
I have played on RP-PVP servers before. It is a lot of fun. You have RP players to group with and then the added threat of PVP in the contested regions. My favorite server type.

fodigg
12.14.2011 , 08:55 AM | #6
The practical benefit of RP-PvP over regular PvP is that the community is more likely to organize open-world PvP events. Otherwise it's no different and is mostly just there for RP but with killing.
fo diggity Column | Twitter

Jagrevi
12.14.2011 , 04:51 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by fodigg View Post
The practical benefit of RP-PvP over regular PvP is that the community is more likely to organize open-world PvP events. Otherwise it's no different and is mostly just there for RP but with killing.
This, pretty much.
Planned Twi'lek Scoundrel