Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Refusing to Transfer

Wyswig
06.14.2012 , 08:49 AM | #1
Why? I don't want to go to the server I'm forced to.

How these have been implemented is severely flawed. Yes you should block current high pop servers from being over loaded but all other servers should be open. Simply designate a group of destination servers for each type (PVE,PVP,RP ...) and let people choose by type and time zone where they want to be among.

Saying you have a transfer and then locking you to a single destination is nothing more than a forced server migration. If you were going to do that why didn't you just save us the trouble of having to login and do it for you BioWare. The illusion of choice is just that. I'll transfer when I have a choice and when its free because I'm certainly not paying for your failures.

Swordy
06.14.2012 , 09:17 AM | #2
You have a choice. You can stay where you are, or you can move to a higher pop.

I'm aware that this may not be a choice that you like, but it is a choice.
Chairman of The Official Sir Copperfield The Honourable Official Fan Club™

Wyswig
06.14.2012 , 12:43 PM | #3
Not really. Stay or go? That's implicit with the concept of a transfer and is not part of the equation here.

Choice is when you can determine where you want to go. Can you join your friends. Through a transfer will you have the best possible gaming experience?

These aspects are not part of this process. As long as it is a single destination move, there is no choice. They might as well just move us en masse and close the server. It has the same effect and the same amount of choice.

Swordy
06.14.2012 , 01:14 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Wyswig View Post
Choice is when you can determine where you want to go.
A choice is having two different courses of action which are freely available and possible for you. This you have.

Let's take a quickstep (or even a tango if you fancy yourself as a bit of a Brucie) through what you could possibly want the developers to do about your situation:
  • Move you to the server that you want to be on right now. This would make you an exceptional case in the player base and would also prompt 10,000 other requests from other players.
  • Allow anybody to move wherever they want which would cause huge problems when everybody flocks to a tiny segment of servers, and we have queues back
  • Allow everybody to move only to certain servers to be decided on a case by case basis. With a player base ranging in the million range, this might take a day or two.

Which of the above options are you advocating for yourself?

I'll be foxtroting along before somebody else waltzes in here and the server move requests "paso double" to two. Don't go cha-changing your server like a swinger or a Jive bunny. Give it a few days and we'll all be rumba-ling along fine.
Chairman of The Official Sir Copperfield The Honourable Official Fan Club™

Noviru
06.14.2012 , 01:32 PM | #5
Hello everyone,

We ask that threads made in the Customer Service forum be restricted to those seeking assistance either with their accounts or getting into the game. For better understanding of what should be posted in the Customer Service forum, please be sure to read the FAQ stickied to this forum.

If you would like to give feedback regarding the current character transfer service, or would like to join in the discussion regarding why you have [or have not] decided to transfer, please use one of the following previously existing threads:
As noted in our Character Transfer Service FAQ, by currently only allowing players to transfer characters to and from specified servers as part of a free service, we hope to ensure balanced server populations across the game. Future versions of the Character Transfer Service may allow more options in your choice of destination servers and may require a transfer fee.

Thank you!