Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can you play 2 factions on the same pvp server

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Can you play 2 factions on the same pvp server

swtorgaz
06.14.2012 , 04:54 AM | #1
can you paly the 2 factions on the same pvp server im playing in the asia pacific region with only one pvp server i have being trying to find the answer for a while so i thought i ask.

thomasgallant
06.14.2012 , 04:54 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by swtorgaz View Post
can you paly the 2 factions on the same pvp server im playing in the asia pacific region with only one pvp server i have being trying to find the answer for a while so i thought i ask.
im positive you can ya
"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." Obi-Wan Kenobi

Sauska
06.14.2012 , 04:55 AM | #3
I can confirm you can.
The Borealis Legacy

JediCahlwyn
06.14.2012 , 04:59 AM | #4
Yes and the Legacy system encourages it. There isn't anything wrong with doing so.
--Master Endric Cahlwyn--
<The Womp Rats> of The Shadowlands
Jedi Guardian 55 For The Republic!

thomasgallant
06.14.2012 , 05:01 AM | #5
infact you need both imp and rep characters in order to the get hk droid companion..so they would have to allow opposite faction on pvp servers just for that fact alone
"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." Obi-Wan Kenobi

Ignicity
06.14.2012 , 05:02 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by thomasgallant View Post
infact you need both imp and rep characters in order to the get hk droid companion..so they would have to allow opposite faction on pvp servers just for that fact alone
...as stupid as that design choice was for granting the new companion.

thomasgallant
06.14.2012 , 05:03 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Ignicity View Post
...as stupid as that design choice was for granting the new companion.
stupid...maybe, but it does promote using and playing alts:P and proves the point both factions on same pvp:P

i think of course i havent seen it, but i think it could be done well if done right, if not, meh it will be crappy.

its one of those flip of the coins bioware loves to do

Ignicity
06.14.2012 , 05:06 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by thomasgallant View Post
stupid...maybe, but it does promote using and playing alts:P and proves the point both factions on same pvp:P

i think of course i havent seen it, but i think it could be done well if done right, if not, meh it will be crappy.

its one of those flip of the coins bioware loves to do
I'm not sure if it promotes using and playing alts.

I'd agree if you said; it promotes using and playing 1 Imperial and 1 Republic on the same server.

*EDIT* Currently I have many (8) Imperials (alts) on my main server, for which I will be punished for by not being eligible for this new companion, unless of course they increase server slots or provide an alternative method of obtaining said new companion.

swtorgaz
06.14.2012 , 05:31 AM | #9
thnxs for the answer

Goretzu
06.14.2012 , 05:40 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ignicity View Post
I'm not sure if it promotes using and playing alts.

I'd agree if you said; it promotes using and playing 1 Imperial and 1 Republic on the same server.

*EDIT* Currently I have many (8) Imperials (alts) on my main server, for which I will be punished for by not being eligible for this new companion, unless of course they increase server slots or provide an alternative method of obtaining said new companion.

It would if they allowed cross-faction guilds............ which at this point I think is a good idea.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1