Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Augments?

Acidictadpole
12.18.2011 , 02:02 PM | #1
What are augments used for? I get them with slicing, but can't find a use for them.

They mention upgrading items and armor, but they're not usable, and none of the items with modslots I've found (multiple oranges) have an augmentation slot. What do I do with them?
"Measure what is measurable, and make measurable what is not so." - Galileo

Meowsa
12.18.2011 , 02:11 PM | #2
Used to modify exceptional crafted armor and weapons.

Tortall
12.18.2011 , 02:14 PM | #3
I made one exceptional item once. is it just a random thing when you're crafting that it may be an exceptional piece?
Jedi? Sith? Both seek to subjugate the galaxy under their ideologies, as all religions before them."

Acidictadpole
12.18.2011 , 02:17 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Meowsa View Post
Used to modify exceptional crafted armor and weapons.
So, to confirm. If you crit (what % is that.. like 10?) a crafted item, weapon or armor, it will get the augmentation slot. Yet a fair amount of slicing missions will return this augment. So in short the market will be FLOODED with these things?
"Measure what is measurable, and make measurable what is not so." - Galileo

Toop
12.20.2011 , 06:04 AM | #5
Hard to find, i'm level 28, so far no items on AH with augment slots. Feels kinda weird :/ tons of augments, 0 crit gear sad

Amasuke
12.20.2011 , 06:07 AM | #6
I managed to craft some gear with augment slots, but I usually reverse engineer them for mats.
Chizu - Sith Sorcerer - The Red Eclipse
"Once we were mighty Jedi of the Republic, brothers in the Force. But the Great Schism between the dark side and the light turned Jedi against Jedi. Our ancestors were defeated, driven off…cast out!" - Marka Ragnos

Braidz
12.20.2011 , 04:33 PM | #7
so yeah there useless as of now...they are taking up like every slot and storage spot i own
Phage
WPN (R&D) dept.

In the name of Science!

PsychoPhoenix
12.20.2011 , 04:37 PM | #8
Come end game, I see them being useful. I use synthweaving, and will crit and make some gear with the slot. Our guild leader is slicer and will send me the augments when he has them. So it can add a +3 to strength, which is not bad. So try putting them up on the GTN and see what happens. *shrug*

Squadron 11-11-11

Marci_Bloodfin
12.20.2011 , 06:30 PM | #9
There is also the potential to *crit when crafting an orange (custom) schematic..

That would be a nice place for an augment.. essentially giving you a free mod slot, in addition to the normal 3 in armor.

Galoxie
12.20.2011 , 07:03 PM | #10
Put them on the market, its not flooded yet and armorsmiths need them.
Fieras