Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Serious overloading of servers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Serious overloading of servers

RangerBeo
06.14.2012 , 07:05 AM | #21
At this point I am on Bioware's side..people simply can not just enjoy life and have to complain about anything and everything. I was on Ebon Hawk last night and there was a 10 minute que that ended up taking all of 2 minutes for me to login. The ques will calm down......I would much rather spend a couple of minutes logging in then wait an hour or more.....for a Warzone to pop if it pops at all. I love seeing all the people....try to look at the bright side of life otherwise you will find yourself miserable for no reason at all
" can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out " - The Immortal Words of Battlebug

Bloodstealer
06.14.2012 , 07:06 AM | #22
Numbers are good.. honest.. except when it comes to FPS numbers that is... I saw mine blip to under 3 FPS last night... but hopefully when the rush and excitemtn is over it will level out... I hope

My biggest gripe is the amount of genral chat spam .. making getting LFM's noticed and even bigger pain unless your prepared to sit and spam it every 2 seconds cos the next guild spam message has over spammed your LFM spam... 1.3 group finder cant come soon enough imo just get away from continually having to rinse repeat the spam.

I am beginning to feel like a chinese platfarmer now
The Chaotic Misfits Guild.
Death or Glory - It's all just a game to me!

Referral Link - http://www.swtor.com/r/Mf4BzX

HelinCarnate
06.14.2012 , 07:06 AM | #23
The remaining servers are not horrid with their populations so lets hope they combine them into a different server insetead of merge them all into the few that we already have as destination servers. My vote is for Mind Trick
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.
http://www.swtor.com/r/mB5FPn obligatory referral link.

DarkFireShadow
06.14.2012 , 07:07 AM | #24
Last night on the Tomb of Freedon Nadd on the Imperial side there was nearly 300 people in the fleet (around 9 ish GMT) on the first instance and on the second one there was about 150 you couldn't even read general chat it was moving so dam fast with people LFG guild recruiters etc

Enram
06.14.2012 , 07:23 AM | #25
Having never been on a server with queues, I'm curious - what happens if you to log a different character? do you have to queue every time to say, go through all your alts and send your companions off on missions?

HelinCarnate
06.14.2012 , 07:26 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Enram View Post
Having never been on a server with queues, I'm curious - what happens if you to log a different character? do you have to queue every time to say, go through all your alts and send your companions off on missions?
No. Once you are in, you are in. It would only get you back to the queue if you clicked the select server button or quit the game. Also if you get kicked out of the game you get back in at the head of the queue (at least that is how it worked when the game came out)
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.
http://www.swtor.com/r/mB5FPn obligatory referral link.

Lakhesis
06.14.2012 , 07:26 AM | #27
The queue is purely to get from the "enter username/password" (and/or server selection) screen to the character screen. Once you've reached the character screen you can swap between toons as much as you want with no issues.

I'm not sure how swtor handles disconnects... some games skip you to the front of the queue if you get disconnected & reconnect within a minute or two, others make you go through the queuing process again.
0.00008 light speed? But that's only a lousy 86,000 kph!

YeknomStun
06.14.2012 , 07:30 AM | #28
You only sit in the queue once, you can switch characters all you want.

Also a queue that says 10 minutes usually takes 2-3 minutes in reality.

Goretzu
06.14.2012 , 07:32 AM | #29
You had a small window of oppertunity to relog (sometimes - sometimes it didn't work) when you crashed (in game or in queue to rejoin at your old position).

Not sure about alts, tbh after a queue that long I was never insane enough to try it.

Queues under 30 mins aren't really a big deal - just the nonsense that Bioware could have not opened any extra server (and left them with 6 hours queues) would have some how avoided the current situation - as I said my now main server was still hitting "Full" well into 2012 and still hitting "Heavy" or maybe even "V Heavy" right up to 1.2...... none of that saved it from currently being "Light" and dead.

Lots of issues causes the population crash (one of which was certainly too many servers, although I wouldn't say it was the main one - nor indeed that only having the Early Access server for Live would have been "better" queue would have been DAYS long ), and I'm sure Bioware is well aware of this reality.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

ObiJuanShenobi
06.14.2012 , 07:36 AM | #30
Just like December, things will die down and you won't be stuck in ques.
The Lightstrider Legacy

Darth Crucious I Darth Imperius I Master Darkstrider I Master Liam Lightstrider I Captain Evie Lightstrider I Agent Morran Lightstrider I Major Tanken I Nikro, Hired Gun