Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Serious overloading of servers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Serious overloading of servers

Obtena
06.13.2012 , 07:43 PM | #1
So I'm in a situation where the server I have rolled on since December is now SO full that I'm unable to log in. I'm all for populated servers but this seems to be a large oversight on the part of BW ... do they not have the ability to count players and estimate how capable a server is to handle a specific number of players? I'm sure they do ... so why would they open a server for transfers BEYOND it's capacity? I'm pretty upset about it. What is the rational in increasing a server population by orders of magnitude and preventing people from playing their established characters?
Poludnica Legacy - The Polish Witches
Zosia - Powertech
Obtena - Operative

Tiek
06.13.2012 , 07:45 PM | #2
queues go away, im sure theres extra people on tonight simply because of the xfers. i dont see any queues up that are more than 10 minutes atm.

DeathriteTM
06.13.2012 , 08:42 PM | #3
why give cake to anyone if they are not allowed to eat it? that is evil sadistic and just plain wrong.
i might be new to this game but not to MMOs. the only limit on xfers should be from PvE = PvP servers. from what i have seen RP is not as enforced as other MMOs which i count as good.
these xfers are an attempt to heard people onto certian servers. the one me and my wife chose is a sinking server. we are being told to abandon it. now i hear the server i found out some friends play on is full.
this is not a good first impression from Bioware.

Scorpienne
06.13.2012 , 08:44 PM | #4
Worry not. People are just checking out their new servers. Once people's gaming habits go back to normal, queues should subside.

Someone else posted this, and I don't remember who, but they said, and I agree with them...

"I'd rather wait 15 minutes to log on to a packed server than have an instant login to a ghost town."

Paige

dlaselle
06.13.2012 , 09:01 PM | #5
I think its brilliant honestly. With 1.3 group finder coming out. Having these busy servers will make this game 100 times more enjoyable.

Conri
06.14.2012 , 03:53 AM | #6
They should open up more servers. =P

SeloDaoC
06.14.2012 , 04:51 AM | #7
Once peopl realize server transfer wont magicly create new content, it will be fine

Caspian_Rho
06.14.2012 , 04:59 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by dlaselle View Post
I think its brilliant honestly. With 1.3 group finder coming out. Having these busy servers will make this game 100 times more enjoyable.
more people does not make the game suddenly better. People left for a reason... the servers were dead for a reason. Population was only a smyptom not the actual cause...
Waiting for the definitive Star Wars sandbox mmo...

Ameepa
06.14.2012 , 05:01 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Caspian_Rho View Post
more people does not make the game suddenly better. People left for a reason... the servers were dead for a reason. Population was only a smyptom not the actual cause...
But it makes playing more enjoyable for those who didn't leave and actually like the game.

It's not always fair to blame ONLY the game and not the players. There is absolutely no way that every single player would have stayed from launch until now even if the game would have been the best thing ever created.

Joesother
06.14.2012 , 06:25 AM | #10
I am pleased that the server transfers are going on. And yes there will be some temperary full very heavy servers at the start. however, folks are just getting settled in. Getting in the guild they want/testing the waters. That being said one needs to remember that it is about the entire player base not just one this helps the many. So sit back and relax it will settle down. I only wish I could have transfered my 50 from his server it to is dead. but then that would not be my only reason to transfer him. Moving from east to west coast would be ideal for my play time ability.