So, How Many Names Did You Lose?

Thaed

I'm down three, that I care about ;(.

Now to spend an hour on each trying to think of better ones, and a legacy to match.

Edit: For the record, I'm not bitter or in any way blaming Bioware. Just a little sad, which is outweighed by the fact I'll (hopefully) have a decent WZ pop rate at any time of the day.

Edit 2: Get off your high horses about original names. You know the real reason your name wasn't taken? It's either because a), you're lucky, or b) the name is terrible.

No matter how original you think your name is, if its pronouncable, someone else has used it at some point throughout history.

Edited by Thaed

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A name I spelled incorrectly at character creation got flagged as taken during character transfer. So I spelled it correctly this time, and it wasn't taken, hahaha.

So I really didn't loose a name...I actually gained one.

Two... sadly the one still in my signature was one of them... and now I consider not continuing my sub. The other name I had to change had a funny surprise for me, I got the name on the new server which I couldn't get on my old server for that character... but that was anyway just an alt. Edited by Drudenfusz

I had to change 3/5 names of the characters I transferred, including my only two 50's. :( I am fairly satisfied with their new names though.

(and anyone that complains about the î in one of my character's new names can take it up with Bioware, and learn to make use of right-click to invite :p )

I lost one, my smuggler, which is pretty good considering I transferred seven. Having a commonly named character on Lord Adraas was pretty cool though. Still, I got to keep my main's name and recovered my Legacy name. When the box popped up to choose said legacy name I have to admit the possibility of choosing something new was sort of tempting, but in the end didn't feel like going back through and changing everything I've written if I didn't have to.

I'm pretty sure if I were to transfer I would lose them all, but I have the same names reserve on the harbinger server, but it's a pve server and all my characters are on a pvp server. Thus, I'm just cancel and move on.