Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Allow US East -> US West Transfers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Allow US East -> US West Transfers

AlacrityFitzhugh
06.13.2012 , 06:30 PM | #1
Please allow transfers between US East and US West servers (or vice versa). kxthxbai
I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star.
We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light.

Stevlol
06.13.2012 , 06:35 PM | #2
No, enough said.

You can wait until Paid transfers, no need to complicate it in an unneccessary way.
http://www.youtube.com/stevlul
"To experience oneself honestly, not lying to oneself, and to express myself honestly, now that is very hard to do."
Fired-Brutalize

rpdowning
06.13.2012 , 06:48 PM | #3
Yeah, I'm a bit disapointed. My character with legacy 20 on Ajunta Pall. can not join my character on the fatman. I guess I shouldn't have rerolled to the fatman two months ago.

Flyceratops
06.13.2012 , 06:55 PM | #4
Why would you want that? If I went on a US West server I'd have a whole lot more lag; someone who went from West to East would have the same problem.

It would be stupid and detrimental to do something like that.

Lakhesis
06.13.2012 , 06:58 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Flyceratops View Post
Why would you want that? If I went on a US West server I'd have a whole lot more lag; someone who went from West to East would have the same problem.

I imagine there are some people who're (e.g.) East coast, but rolled on a West coast server to play with friends who've since quit... and so now it's just them, they would now like to retreat to the safety of the East coast.

I expect/hope there'll be the potential for this sort of thing later in the piece, given the "This Is Just Phase One" comments we're getting. Personally I'm hoping there's a free month of transfer-where-you-like at the end of it all... it shouldn't alter the overall balance much, but would keep every individual happy(er)

Some people definitely want some non-conventional xfers. I've got American based friends who'd like to come & join me on the AU/NZ servers... I don't foresee that being a standard transfer option =)
0.00008 light speed? But that's only a lousy 86,000 kph!

xorcist
06.13.2012 , 06:59 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by AlacrityFitzhugh View Post
Please allow transfers between US East and US West servers (or vice versa). kxthxbai
NO!
kxthxbai

weirdo....
"There is no calamity greater than lavish desires....
And there is no greater disaster than greed
."

SWGVet
06.13.2012 , 07:03 PM | #7
Honestly I wish we could transfer via west to east or east to west.
Dhath
The Bastion
Sith Marauder

Thuggy
06.13.2012 , 07:07 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Flyceratops View Post

I can think of a few reasons to want to change server time zones
1) Joined a server to play with friends who no longer play
2) Moved
3) Got a new job or different hours, want a server with guilds on a schedule closer to your own.

Kingkabuki
06.13.2012 , 07:40 PM | #9
...I live on the west coast and started playing with friends on the east coast and now that they are not playing anymore I want to move to a west coast server, I hope they let us do this.....

Kaptain
06.13.2012 , 07:44 PM | #10
Please allow this to happen. My guilds gone, and I no longer want to put up with the increased latency and irregular population hours for east coast play. Let me come home Bioware, let me come home.
Death Stick Rehab™
----------------------------- -----------------------------
Prophecy of the Five [PvP East]