Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dirty Fighting for PVP - PVE

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Dirty Fighting for PVP - PVE

cdogknight
06.13.2012 , 04:54 PM | #1
I've recently branched off from just doing healing in warzones to trying dps. Scrapper seems to be the real viable spec and is alot of fun. What I wanna know is if dirty fighting is viable for pvp and if anyone uses it. I also want to know if dirty fighting is the prefered spec for raid dps.

kuey
06.14.2012 , 08:31 PM | #2
Viable? Definitely, in both PvE and PvP. In PvP Scrapper is slightly better due to current TTK and DFs required setup. In PvE I'd say DF is probably better in Ops due to positional requirements.

That's for Scoundrels btw.

GoBeavs
07.07.2012 , 12:03 AM | #3
I've done several warzones in dirty fighting at around lv 41-43 (switched from scrapper). Here seems to be the tradeoffs:

- You do MUCH more damage overall in a warzone.
- Conversely, you have much less raw stopping power since you have to wait for the DoTs to take shape.
- It feels VERY different: Initiate your dots and then keep them preoccupied until they're dead. Very effective for capping a node against a single defender.
-From an emotional standpoint, its kinda fun sitting in the rez chamber watching the guy that just wasted you tick down to zero heath.
-Nice for taking out ball carriers in huttball since you don't have to be on top of the ball carrier for a lot of your damage.

The biggest thing (to me) that you lose:
-You lose a lot of stealth and vanish capabilities: when dots tick, it says you're in combat, so even if you break combat.... you can't break combat.

The short of it, try it out, its certainly viable (and a good way to get top damage in a wz), its more a matter of if you like it or not.

HTH!