Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Guide to Group Finder

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

steave
06.15.2012 , 04:46 AM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by BJWyler View Post
Another character can queue for Taris, but she doesn't even have her ship yet, so can't get there. I don't see any reason to prevent higher level characters from queuing for the lower level content as long as there is a system in place that others queuing for that content have the choice to accept the higher level into the group or not
Have you tried? That seems like a potential way to break the system since you get free teleports to the thing you're queuing for. If that works, the group finder tool may be able to get you to planets you're not supposed to be able to go to before you get your ship.

Quote: Originally Posted by Evgen View Post
I do hope you find out whether they checked both, intentionally doing that is an ignorable offense, but I'm sure there are some simple cases of mistaken roledentity. Does the Group Finder tell you what role you entered the group as?
That depends on the situation really, for example I'm often willing to respec to either healer or DPS with my Sorceror depending on what's needed (almost always gonna be healing..but..still)

Pexxle
06.15.2012 , 05:11 AM | #82
Mr Schubert said, " In particular, as a healer I found that some players play DPS classes with wild abandon, wantonly ignoring all common sense and wandering straight into fire walls, acid pits, and giant groups of elite-leveled enemies, and then scream profanities at the healer who failed to heal them. "

I was all for cross server PvP until they handled the transfers as good as they have. The quote above is one of the main reasons I stopped "caring" in other MMOs, well said.

Glaucos
06.15.2012 , 08:03 AM | #83
This tools is great. Hope to use it very soon in deed. With this tool and the server merges that are happening now, there will be no need for cross-server group tool at all. Bioware is making right steps forward to make this game better and better.
"Only a dead imperial is a good imperial"

danpen
06.15.2012 , 09:31 AM | #84
I think this will work that well and i like that they are adding this to the game don't you.
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.

ZenMorph
06.15.2012 , 10:35 AM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by NoFishing View Post
From the article:
Mucho Thanks
ZEPHYROS LEGACY
Cyrinia Der'vevek Noru
Rubat Crystal --> The Ebon Hawk

Shpedoinkle
06.15.2012 , 11:06 AM | #86
So can you only use this to group for Operations, Flashpoints and Heroics? Can you just make a group to do class, planet and sides quests?
Can you not just use it to find a group and then decide what you want to do once you find a group?
I can also imagine that every time I'll have to untick every Flashpoint except the 1 I want to do.
How does it handle level differences between players? Will I end up on teams with players 2 or 3 levels above/below me?
Also, how does it decide if someone is a tank/dps/healer?

Xiahoufig
06.15.2012 , 11:09 AM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by Shpedoinkle View Post
So can you only use this to group for Operations, Flashpoints and Heroics? Can you just make a group to do class, planet and sides quests?
Can you not just use it to find a group and then decide what you want to do once you find a group?
I can also imagine that every time I'll have to untick every Flashpoint except the 1 I want to do.
How does it handle level differences between players? Will I end up on teams with players 2 or 3 levels above/below me?
Also, how does it decide if someone is a tank/dps/healer?
The player themselves sets that when they queue up. If I queued on my juggernaut I could check the box for 'Tank' since I'm immortal specced. Once dual specs come in, I could check both the DPS and Tank boxes when I queued to be queued for both roles. (Though odds are, I'd get a tank role to pop)
The Valakut Legacy- The Shadowlands
Hessero 55 Operative (Concealment now and forever)
Ma'ssar'tau 35 Gunslinger (Boom baby)

Shpedoinkle
06.15.2012 , 11:37 AM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Xiahoufig View Post
The player themselves sets that when they queue up. If I queued on my juggernaut I could check the box for 'Tank' since I'm immortal specced. Once dual specs come in, I could check both the DPS and Tank boxes when I queued to be queued for both roles. (Though odds are, I'd get a tank role to pop)
This is sort of what I expected. So it means you can set it to be whatever find a group the quickest (likely tank/healer I'm guessing). Obviously people might see thought this on a Sith Warrior/Jedi Knight but how can you tell if a Scoundrel/Commando/Sage is a healer or not?

Xiahoufig
06.15.2012 , 11:40 AM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by Shpedoinkle View Post
This is sort of what I expected. So it means you can set it to be whatever find a group the quickest (likely tank/healer I'm guessing). Obviously people might see thought this on a Sith Warrior/Jedi Knight but how can you tell if a Scoundrel/Commando/Sage is a healer or not?
Well, if someone queues for a role they never actually intend on filling, you can initiate a vote to kick them from the group. I don't think there's any game out there that has a way to actually be able to tell if a person is actively capable of fulfulling the role they selected, just that they're able to potentially fill that role.
The Valakut Legacy- The Shadowlands
Hessero 55 Operative (Concealment now and forever)
Ma'ssar'tau 35 Gunslinger (Boom baby)

Shpedoinkle
06.15.2012 , 11:48 AM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by Xiahoufig View Post
Well, if someone queues for a role they never actually intend on filling, you can initiate a vote to kick them from the group. I don't think there's any game out there that has a way to actually be able to tell if a person is actively capable of fulfulling the role they selected, just that they're able to potentially fill that role.
I just wonder why bother with it if you can't trust what it says?