Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Guide to Group Finder

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

RogueLeaderUT
06.13.2012 , 05:39 PM | #21
i have a question if say me and a friend want to play together and find 2 randoms is there a way to do that using this tool? if we queue together will it be like warzones where we get into the same group?

TiVOs
06.13.2012 , 05:45 PM | #22
I would imagine that the currently long queues on PTS have little to do with the tech, and more to do with the fact that it's probably not as populated.

What I'd like to know is if anything is being done about players who queue up as healer/tank (Vanguard, Commando, Guardian, Scoundrel, Sage, Shadow, and their Imperial counterparts) fully intending to only play DPS just to get in quicker. I suppose kicking and adding them to the ignore list is the solution. I'd kind of like to see the option when kicking someone from a group, to automatically add them to my ignore list, or at least a pop-up that asks me if I'd like to add them to my ignore list.

And I'm glad the tool will not be cross-server. This is a great way to meet potential guildies.

I'm not sure it's needed for the origin planets, though. Tython has one 2+ Heroic that is easily soloable once you've got your companion, and the Heroics on the other planets, though fun, aren't really all that important. The only thing you can get with starter world commendations is the one chest-piece.
<><
"Don't feed the trolls!" ~Proverbs 9:7-9
The Alcyon Legacy

SanguineSphinx
06.13.2012 , 05:46 PM | #23
Quote:
it has undergone internal playtests and should be heading to the Public Test Server very soon.
-1 cookie for posting this more than a week after it was written
-100 cookies for a complete lack of proofreading for someone to notice that bit at the end of it "heading to the Public Test Server very soon"

EDIT: That said, Group Finder FTW.
I tried leaving the forums. But the Sith Empire has returned!

TiVOs
06.13.2012 , 05:47 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by RogueLeaderUT View Post
i have a question if say me and a friend want to play together and find 2 randoms is there a way to do that using this tool? if we queue together will it be like warzones where we get into the same group?
I believe so. The two of you will have to party up first, then the party leader will queue your semi-group in the LFG, and then off you go to rain forth pixelated mayhem with two brand new friends!
<><
"Don't feed the trolls!" ~Proverbs 9:7-9
The Alcyon Legacy

Restepor
06.13.2012 , 05:50 PM | #25
I really can't wait for this to be added to the game. With the bump in the server population, Ebon Hawk, this will really be a great tool for me to find some groups for those flashpoints I never finished.

Overlord_Baal
06.13.2012 , 05:50 PM | #26
It mentioned we would get coms as an incentive to use the random tool. Any idea what we can use thees for?
The Eldrazi Legacy
Laharl Level 50 Marauder - Damage
Kozilek Level 50 Operative - Medic
Ke'al Level 37 Sage - Damage

Esmeree
06.13.2012 , 06:22 PM | #27
thank you very much for not having cross server ,hate those jerk pug in other mmo

BJWyler
06.13.2012 , 06:39 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by TiVOs View Post
I would imagine that the currently long queues on PTS have little to do with the tech, and more to do with the fact that it's probably not as populated.

What I'd like to know is if anything is being done about players who queue up as healer/tank (Vanguard, Commando, Guardian, Scoundrel, Sage, Shadow, and their Imperial counterparts) fully intending to only play DPS just to get in quicker. I suppose kicking and adding them to the ignore list is the solution. I'd kind of like to see the option when kicking someone from a group, to automatically add them to my ignore list, or at least a pop-up that asks me if I'd like to add them to my ignore list.

And I'm glad the tool will not be cross-server. This is a great way to meet potential guildies.

I'm not sure it's needed for the origin planets, though. Tython has one 2+ Heroic that is easily soloable once you've got your companion, and the Heroics on the other planets, though fun, aren't really all that important. The only thing you can get with starter world commendations is the one chest-piece.
The PTS is pretty populated during the content update roll-outs - more than many live servers. The queue times are a bit worrisome - I was queued a couple of days ago with many other people for a specific FP and it never popped, even though there were clearly enough players to form 2-3 groups. Part of that is the role issue - queuing as DPS certainly won't get you in faster - I think it is the lack of a healer role that may be part of the problem.

Non-cross server is a good choice at this point - with the transfers beefing up Pops it makes X-server redundant at this point.

I do think they are needed on the origin worlds - this is an MMO after all, so while true the all origin world content can be soloed, many of us would like to find groups to do stuff and having the LFG would make that easier at a lower level.

They also need to remove the upper level cap on the various entries - I have a character on Taris now, but because he is 1-2 levels above the recommended for the planet, he cannot queue for the planet. Another character can queue for Taris, but she doesn't even have her ship yet, so can't get there. I don't see any reason to prevent higher level characters from queuing for the lower level content as long as there is a system in place that others queuing for that content have the choice to accept the higher level into the group or not. I know I don't care, and it will help out many players who have been stuck on low pop servers and had to skip a lot of those FPs and all because they couldn't group for it.

BJ
Primus and Alpha on the PTS/Swords of the Republic on The Shadowlands
Check out our own Character Page which includes music and Quest Lists

and our YouTube Channel for Gameplay footage and more

RogueLeaderUT
06.13.2012 , 06:55 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Overlord_Baal View Post
It mentioned we would get coms as an incentive to use the random tool. Any idea what we can use thees for?
i'm guessing these will be planetary coms because it says something about them being level related.

Evgen
06.13.2012 , 07:00 PM | #30
I think if you could queue for content with more than one of your characters on a server that would be a valuable addition to the tool.
Especially for the planetary missions. Why run past all those other missions and social on the way to the Heroic?
I'd like to at least duo most of the time.