Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Guide to Group Finder

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

cellar_door
06.13.2012 , 04:28 PM | #11
Quote:
It turns out that players are more likely to play respectfully if there is a chance that they may be paired with the other people in the group again
I must applaud the whole paragraph that defends the non-cross-server argument.
I wish all communication your could always be as sincere, direct, convincing and reasonable as that.
The call to action at the end seems very proper to soften the 'us vs them' mentality that forums always nurture.
Thank you.

Marcus_Cade
06.13.2012 , 04:31 PM | #12
I, as a healer, concur that things are generally a lot more polite when groups are kept in-server, as there is not only the chance that they may group up with you again, but that you can put the word around your server on that players rudeness/non-team spirit. I have done about 8 runs (on various characters) on the PTS & each one has been great fun. As to those saying about wait times: This is often due to a lack of a certain class (normally Tanks/Healers), but again: With keeping it same-server, those that have been put off from those rolls, in the way described in the article (because it's *Never* the dps's fault o_O), may find Tanking/Healing fun again.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." - Albert Einstein

BrunoLogan
06.13.2012 , 04:31 PM | #13
Thanks for the info. The OMGWTFBBQ was priceless

Marcus_Cade
06.13.2012 , 04:37 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by KurganNazzir View Post
(snip) Also, I'm happy for it not being cross-server because I often find the people I've pugged with are great and since they're on the same server, we keep in touch and we can easily call on each other for other group content. Or maybe we stay together after that Heroic and do regular quests together, having fun being social.
Exactly.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." - Albert Einstein

hamsel
06.13.2012 , 04:49 PM | #15
Wouldn't it be better if players were able to access it earlier than level 10 so that they could use it on their origin planets?

Mrtwo
06.13.2012 , 04:56 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by hamsel View Post
Wouldn't it be better if players were able to access it earlier than level 10 so that they could use it on their origin planets?
Decent point, I'm pretty sure there are 2 to three heroics per origin planet, and at least one heroic 4 per planet as well.
Don't judge a book by its cover.

Maxumus
06.13.2012 , 05:04 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by hamsel View Post
That was my thought too. I created a new player on PTS to test and the group finder while not able to queue shows both hutta and korriban as content able to be selected would make it easier to get content done such as the heroics.

Senagon
06.13.2012 , 05:19 PM | #18
Well if we ask for it before level 10 i feel like we can get it. Plus the Origin planets usually have a bit more people on them that you can find just by general chat.

Drudenfusz
06.13.2012 , 05:20 PM | #19
Sounds nice... but I don'T know if I will continue to play... I thought my server did not that bad, still it was not chosen to become one of the few servers people can transfer to, so I had rename my main and that is a dealbreaker for me.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Lana Everhope - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Shadow Tank on The Red Eclipse
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

Mateis
06.13.2012 , 05:20 PM | #20
"OMGWTFBBQ hard" that made me lol
___ĥ▀‼▀▀▀▀____________________▴__
|_ऋ___▼ŻŻŻ(▀▀[⋐⋑]▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒|▀▀
|___/ ( O)ŻŻŻŻ|___/ŻŻŻ