Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Guide to Group Finder

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
06.13.2012 , 03:45 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Lead Systems Designer Damion Schubert gives us details about the new Group Finder feature coming in Game Update 1.3: Allies:

Quote:
Hi, Iím Damion Schubert, Lead Systems Designer. In Game Update 1.3: Allies, players will notice that there is a new button attached to their minimap, for our Group Finder. Usable by any character who is at least level 10, the Group Finder should be very helpful for players who like to group up and adventure with others.

Read More
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Jinxblog
06.13.2012 , 04:07 PM | #2
"Heroic Missions that are neither overly easy or OMGWTFBBQ hard"

Best. Thing. EVER!

Been testing on the PTS, liking the group finder, but the queue gets pretty long sometimes. :/
No flames are necessary, you are already roasting in the fires of your own stupidity.

Darth_Victus
06.13.2012 , 04:17 PM | #3
I cant wait until this feature goes live.

I have had a great time testing it on the PTS with very minimal glitches or bugs with it.

BEVINCE
06.13.2012 , 04:17 PM | #4
I love the "Go on and try to break it." quote in this article. I've been using the group finder on PTS and haven't done it so far. Only issue I'm having is the same long pop times that we're all having atm.
R.I.P
Star Wars: The Old Republic
Killed by EA's constant meddling

LG_XxLegacyxX
06.13.2012 , 04:19 PM | #5
I can't wait till this comes out so I can start queing with randoms with my 50 to start getting my PVE gear.
OPA GUNGAN STYLE
Daedra (Karagatzu) [The Bastion]
<The Last Dark Reapers> & <PURgE> PvP/PvE guild

Forgon
06.13.2012 , 04:20 PM | #6
Good read. I am interested to see how the implementation of this tool will work and how well you will be able to polish it before it goes live. Best case scenario: the tool will have few kinks and not break the game on release. Best of luck, thank you Damion.
Quote: Originally Posted by milmo View Post
No, we need to rant on how this game is exactly like WoW and when we learn it's not like WoW we go into a blood rage. We must aim to be inconsistent, incoherent and contradictory.

MasterApollo
06.13.2012 , 04:21 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by BEVINCE View Post
I love the "Go on and try to break it." quote in this article. I've been using the group finder on PTS and haven't done it so far. Only issue I'm having is the same long pop times that we're all having atm.
How many people are usually on the fleet (for example) on the PTS?

Just wondering if the group finder queue times are similar to what happens on a low population server with warzone queues...

Primeconvoy
06.13.2012 , 04:22 PM | #8
Since day 1 I've waited for this feature. I'm glad to hear they did it right. Can't wait for it to go live.
Those ARE the droids we're looking for!!!

KurganNazzir
06.13.2012 , 04:24 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinxblog View Post
"Heroic Missions that are neither overly easy or OMGWTFBBQ hard"

Best. Thing. EVER!
I saw that and was like 'what'? I have never seen that acronym before....and now I'm hungry for BBQ.

One thing people need to keep in mind is that no matter how great any LFG tools are, they are nothing unless people use them. Also, I'm happy for it not being cross-server because I often find the people I've pugged with are great and since they're on the same server, we keep in touch and we can easily call on each other for other group content. Or maybe we stay together after that Heroic and do regular quests together, having fun being social.
Dark Eclipse
GAF

Eillack
06.13.2012 , 04:26 PM | #10
The OMGWTFBBQ ref made me laug hso hard, good to see some humor from the team.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.