Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Entered PRODUCT KEY before the 13th. Not credited with product key in account page.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Entered PRODUCT KEY before the 13th. Not credited with product key in account page.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CHRISGG
12.13.2011 , 07:00 AM | #1
Ok, I will lay this out as clearly as possible:

Here is what the issue is.

On the 7th of December, I received my copy of the game and entered my Product Key (NOT PREORDER KEY - FULL VERSION PRODUCT KEY)

I entered it on the "Redeem Codes" page of Account Management. It went through fine, and it said I was credited with the Standard Edition, but it wasn't listed on my "Redeemed Codes" page.

I made a thread about this in the pre-wipe forums. It received a post from a Bioware poster whos name I forget, but who was not a protocol droid, saying that the codes would appear on our accounts once the account page is revamped on the 13th, and not to worry.

Today, the account page is revamped - and I still am not credited with the full version of the game. In addition, if I try to enter the Product Key again, it says it is taken, which i'm 100% sure is because when I entered it, the system took it but did not actually attach it to my account, meaning my Product Key is basically in limbo and not attached to any account, but is taken.

I have submitted a ticket, but from the answers I have been given in the past, I am probably simply going to get a reply that completely misunderstands what my problem is after waiting for days. If someone from Bioware who actually understands the issue here could look into this for me, and anyone else out there who might have this problem, it would be awesome!

Thanks!
AKA Faction
50 Sage, Wound in the Force
Check out my YouTube channel, tons of SW:TOR videos!

DarthDerpDerp
12.13.2011 , 07:05 AM | #2
I believe I understand your problem perfectly, as it has happened to me as well. I entered my code back on 7/21, received confirmation, and have seen that confirmed via my account page...and now my account claims that no code has been entered. I used Amazon as well, and received the pre-order email with the code (which I entered).

Going further, upon trying to re-enter that code I received back then, they claim that the code is 'already in use'.

This is one that doesn't feel anticipated. I'm waiting along with you for a response.
Darth Blight
-Sith Sorcerer, Reaper Officer of <Fear>

MidnightBacon
12.13.2011 , 07:06 AM | #3
Exactly the same problem here guys

CHRISGG
12.13.2011 , 07:16 AM | #4
Bump before I log off for the day. This forum moves way too fast right now.
AKA Faction

Penthros
12.13.2011 , 07:17 AM | #5
That’s not what she said; she was asking when her standard edition box code was going to show on her account page.

I would guess CHRISGG once your head start invite is emailed and your account is unlocked it will update to show the Standard edition Product Key (NOT PREORDER KEY - FULL VERSION PRODUCT KEY)

JediThePiglet
12.13.2011 , 07:18 AM | #6
I'm having this same issue, I Hope they figure it out.

Obi-
12.13.2011 , 07:19 AM | #7
Same here. but I assume it should update when you get invited to the early access thing
Once Again, In A Galaxy Far Far Away..

ironix
12.13.2011 , 07:19 AM | #8
Experiencing the same issue here. On my code redemption page, I see "11.29.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order." However, on my account summary page, it claims I have not yet entered my code.

This problem worries me as I fear that as a result, I will not get any early play time until it is resolved.
Godwin's Law for SW:TOR -- As a discussion in the SW:TOR forums grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving WoW or being told to "go back to WoW" approaches 1.

Hotalium
12.13.2011 , 07:20 AM | #9
Pretty sure this is the norm. From what I am assuming with all these codes bouncing around is that when you get your e-mail saying your account is able to log in and play early, it will have yet another code to enter in to activate the account. It is very possible the codes we got when we pre-ordered / bought game whatever were just codes for certain stages of the account process.

CHRISGG
12.13.2011 , 07:21 AM | #10
I'm not talking about preorder codes. I thought the all caps would be enough for people to understand my post.
AKA Faction