Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fear of loseing a name

Britishbulldog
06.13.2012 , 01:38 PM | #1
its looks like a number of euro servers have the same destination sever. If say my server (the paragus mining facility) is one of the last severs to have transfers and is going to the same destiation server as the previous servers. I have a strong feeling most of the names i have chosen for my characters (and thos i have in reserve) will be already taken or quite possibly get ninja'ed as soon as my server is in the transfer update. The fear that i will have to take a name like sample101 or sp00n is extremely depressing . The whole reason i pre orderd was to get a name that i really wanted (<----thats why its a big deal to me) and i chose a path in game that typified the name so its a huge part of that charicters identity.

Just wonderd if anyone has had this problem already or if anyone shared my fear. Also would like to read entertaing trolls about this subject

jgoldsack
06.13.2012 , 01:39 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Britishbulldog View Post
its looks like a number of euro servers have the same destination sever. If say my server (the paragus mining facility) is one of the last severs to have transfers and is going to the same destiation server as the previous servers. I have a strong feeling most of the names i have chosen for my characters (and thos i have in reserve) will be already taken or quite possibly get ninja'ed as soon as my server is in the transfer update. The fear that i will have to take a name like sample101 or sp00n is extremely depressing . The whole reason i pre orderd was to get a name that i really wanted (<----thats why its a big deal to me) and i chose a path in game that typified the name so its a huge part of that charicters identity.

Just wonderd if anyone has had this problem already or if anyone shared my fear. Also would like to read entertaing trolls about this subject

Easy solution. Go to those destination servers and try making characters with those names yourself. Then you can be sure you reserve the ones you can, and are aware of the ones you can't... all before you ever transfer.
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

DjSnazzyduds
06.13.2012 , 01:40 PM | #3
What's the big deal, it's a name, just find another name or use alt codes .

http://tlt.its.psu.edu/suggestions/i...s/codealt.html

Your name will be the same just with a cool symbol, no biggie.
The Vodka Legacy
Absolut 50 Sorcerer | Greygoose 25 Sniper | Goldschläger 20 Powertech | Stolichnaya 30 Juggernaut

OmySpy
06.13.2012 , 01:40 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by jgoldsack View Post
Easy solution. Go to those destination servers and try making characters with those names yourself. Then you can be sure you reserve the ones you can, and are aware of the ones you can't... all before you ever transfer.

^This is a good idea

Also, even if you can't secure the names you have now, you should be able to get something better than Spoon
(The Corsair) RezBanthamaul

shadowrouge
06.13.2012 , 01:41 PM | #5
Well as I stated in another name thread. BW should have done things a little different. The person keeping the name when transferring to a new server should be the one that has had the name the longest. If you created the toon just in the last minute to grab someone elses name you should not be allowed to keep it verses the account that has had the name since day one in early access.
Weekend Beta tester 11-11-11/ Thanksgiving tester 11-25-11

dipstik
06.13.2012 , 01:45 PM | #6
i had bastila, mission, carth, adas and casey-hudson with the shan legacy

now i have bastilia, spryly, dont even rememebr carth's new name, addas and got to keep casey-hudson. new legacy name is skywalkêr

so yeah.... im super ticked off.

i was in beta since july, and was in 2st day of early access, got a six month recurring sub and legacy level 40...

i bet bastila, mission, carth and adas are level 1's one someones canceled account.

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

Brappo
06.13.2012 , 01:51 PM | #7
My name will be nvhabsdohbv or some other random set of letters

RAVM
06.13.2012 , 02:00 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
i had bastila, mission, carth, adas and casey-hudson with the shan legacy

now i have bastilia, spryly, dont even rememebr carth's new name, addas and got to keep casey-hudson. new legacy name is skywalkêr
so yeah.... im super ticked off.

i was in beta since july, and was in 2st day of early access, got a six month recurring sub and legacy level 40...

i bet bastila, mission, carth and adas are level 1's one someones canceled account.

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
Holy crap this post is funny

DarthZaul
06.13.2012 , 02:06 PM | #9
You can use any possible alt+number letters so Bastila can be Bàstila or Båstila or Bâstila. They can't all be taken.
Or you can put it on the 2nd a or both.

Lady_Alyria
06.13.2012 , 02:08 PM | #10
On a different game I lost a name I had forever and I sent a level 6 character that hadn't logged on in YEARS a bucket of money by mistake. So I understand the pain, maybe even more than most. But I'd rather pick another name than be myself on an empty server.