Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Every name taken!!

Arrys
06.13.2012 , 01:44 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by GizmoBill View Post
Some1 plz gief me new ideas for names upon transfer. kthxbai!
"Y" can be highly functional as a vowel in some popular name variants.
ORDER OF SHADOW
Arrys Operative .|. Pebbyl Sage .|. Jung Ma
I'm not the healer you're looking for!

.|.Apply for Membership.|.

Kourage
06.13.2012 , 01:49 PM | #32
1. Jacob
2. Mason
3. William
4. Jayden
5. Noah
6. Michael
7. Ethan
8. Alexander
9. Aiden
10. Daniel
Looking for a good woman. Able to clean, cook, sew, catch bait, and clean fish. Must have boat and motor.
((Please send picture of boat and motor))

Pexxle
06.13.2012 , 01:50 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Malvorno View Post
I suggest making the worst possible names ever.
Something to do with dark vader possibly. Or legolas. I'll do this if my names are taken just to annoy everyone else
I like Malvorno's style lol.

Ngamok
06.13.2012 , 01:55 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by jgoldsack View Post
Easy.

Add an apostrophe somewhere in the old name.

BOOM new name.
Or if you've seen the movie Gentlemen Broncos, you'd know what to do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdpFpfIBkXc

at 0:42
Ngamok 50 Vanguard / Koreth 48 Gunslinger / Aletheia 22 Sentinel - The Fatman
Ngamok 50 Operative - The Sword of Ajunta Pall
Ngamok 27 Sith Juggernaut - Canderous Ordo

Malvorno
06.13.2012 , 01:59 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by ScarletBlaze View Post
Acually Lord Adraas being transferred instead of a designation server came to a shock to a lot of us. Very few of the players anticipated we would be the ones having to move. We did not anticipated them putting all roleplay servers into one server. Two or Three yes but one that is something we didn't expect. So this took a lot of us by surprise and now we having to figure out what we want to do.
Can't you RPers like pretend you died then reborn on another server with a different name?

All joking aside, it sucks, just make the best of it, games are supposed to be fun.

They came from....behind

ChicksDigHarleys
06.13.2012 , 02:02 PM | #36
I expect 3 of my 8 names to be taken, as well as both my legacies. Oh well, time for some apostrophies I guess.
You are playing a frickin video game.
You are not hardcore by any reasonable definition.

EricJS
06.13.2012 , 03:29 PM | #37
When I created my characters on ... the third day of early access?... I expected to have problems with names, since much sorrow was expressed in the forums that ALL the good names were taken. I had a list of 8 character names, and one alternate name for each of those 8. Wound up only needing one alternate name.

Now, the second time I might need to change names, 5 of my 8 names are taken on both servers that I'm likely to transfer to. On the other hand, none of the 7 unused backup names are in use, so I'm probably fine without having to change anything but switching most toons to their backup names.

The funny part of that is that my main is one of the characters that I'll have to change, and the current name for that toon is a shortened version of a name I used back in Rubies of Eventide, with a race that LOVED having apostrophes in their names, so I could always just go back to the original form.

Quote: Originally Posted by shadowrouge View Post
The thing with the name issue on transfer should have been handled better. The person keeping the name should be the one that has had the name longer not the one that was on the server first. I haven't run into this as of yet but form what I am reading it should have been done.
I'll disagree. First, while that may seem obvious, I can name other ways of doing it that some people would feel more appropriate. Who's to say which way is really the most fair? Personally, I'm fine with this, because the people that are risking their names are the ones doing something. How would you feel if you lost a name because someone else decided to transfer to your server?

Sauska
06.13.2012 , 04:45 PM | #38
Go for the apostrophe, for variations of a name, not for accented characters. They really are a pain with inviting!
The Borealis Legacy

XTREDEN
06.13.2012 , 06:04 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Malvorno View Post
I suggest making the worst possible names ever.
Something to do with dark vader possibly. Or legolas. I'll do this if my names are taken just to annoy everyone else
Darth'legolas of the vader legacy

FearghalC
06.13.2012 , 11:28 PM | #40
I decided to use Zachary for one of my characters who lost his name during the transfer. I actually like it more than the original! You could try that if you wanted... doesnt seem to be very common.