Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Cel Cawdro's Ultimate "Community Desire for Species" Poll

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Cel Cawdro's Ultimate "Community Desire for Species" Poll

CelCawdro's Avatar


CelCawdro
04.28.2013 , 09:26 AM | #1121
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSeventhJedi View Post
You know what else is problematic? Tons of Chiss and Sith Jedi. I'm pretty sure Voss are fine.
Those are tolerable, as they were Legacy unlocks pre-Cartel Market. Having Pureblood Jedi was actually quite apt if you played through as a Light-side Warrior. Likewise, Chiss make about as much sense in the Empire as they do in the Republic. That being said, there are voluminous amounts of "unknown" aliens in the galaxy at large - who is to say that a few Chiss left their homeworld?

Voss are problematic as they are entwined with the storyline of SW:TOR. It wouldn't make much sense to make what is essentially first contact with the Voss... as a Voss. Of course, unless you're willing to suspend your disbelief as you've already taken part in that storyline and have "recruited" a Voss into your legacy through that contact.

KingEagle's Avatar


KingEagle
04.28.2013 , 09:45 AM | #1122
1. Echani
2. Sarkhai
3. Zeltron
I'm not GOTH... I'm SITH.

MentalCase's Avatar


MentalCase
04.28.2013 , 10:05 AM | #1123
Let me start off by saying that before they add any new species' (especially exotic ones), how about they fix the ones they already have, mainly Twi'leks. Change the way headgear and hoods work for them? Anyways:

1) Ithorian
2) Mon Calamari
3) Duros
Bluesummer Legacy
Cagura (Vanguard) / Kaethundor (Shadow)
Ghawlst (Sorcerer) / Vexler (Powertech)

CelCawdro's Avatar


CelCawdro
04.28.2013 , 10:08 AM | #1124
Quote: Originally Posted by MentalCase View Post
Let me start off by saying that before they add any new species' (especially exotic ones), how about they fix the ones they already have, mainly Twi'leks. Change the way headgear and hoods work for them?
This kind of complaint has been around since closed beta, and it's precisely why BioWare is hesitant to add the more exotic species. They cannot fix these species, thus they fear the backlash.

zzoorrzz's Avatar


zzoorrzz
04.28.2013 , 10:11 AM | #1125
Quote: Originally Posted by CelCawdro View Post
This kind of complaint has been around since closed beta, and it's precisely why BioWare is hesitant to add the more exotic species. They cannot fix these species, thus they fear the backlash.
If somebody "cannot" fix something, then he needs to be fired and replaced by somebody who can fix things. Not sure how did they not realize that yet.

CelCawdro's Avatar


CelCawdro
04.28.2013 , 10:19 AM | #1126
Quote: Originally Posted by zzoorrzz View Post
If somebody "cannot" fix something, then he needs to be fired and replaced by somebody who can fix things. Not sure how did they not realize that yet.
It's the engine. Not the people working with it.

reptarzim's Avatar


reptarzim
04.28.2013 , 08:09 PM | #1127
1) Nautolan

2) Kalesh

3) Jawa

SithKoriandr's Avatar


SithKoriandr
04.28.2013 , 08:21 PM | #1128
Echani
Zeltron
Arkanian

Though really, with more options for humans, these could likely be pulled off.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

chuixupu's Avatar


chuixupu
04.28.2013 , 09:04 PM | #1129
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSeventhJedi View Post
You know what else is problematic? Tons of Chiss and Sith Jedi. I'm pretty sure Voss are fine.
The moment they decided to put Chiss in the game it was already problematic, they weren't supposed to be discovered outside of the unknown regions until the Clone Wars. So if you can assume that everything between the two cultures was completely forgotten over 3600 years, it's easy enough to believe that all knowledge of force users was purged. Because the problem is in their culture and dislike of the force, not that they're any less capable of being force sensitive than other near humans.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

CelCawdro's Avatar


CelCawdro
04.29.2013 , 09:14 AM | #1130
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
The moment they decided to put Chiss in the game it was already problematic, they weren't supposed to be discovered outside of the unknown regions until the Clone Wars. So if you can assume that everything between the two cultures was completely forgotten over 3600 years, it's easy enough to believe that all knowledge of force users was purged. Because the problem is in their culture and dislike of the force, not that they're any less capable of being force sensitive than other near humans.
One merely needs to make the assumption these these odd blue-skinned, red-eyed outsiders never identify their species to the Jedi (and they never do), and all these problems go away.