Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Really? 20% to now 10%

Apsen_Layne
06.13.2012 , 01:02 PM | #1
Is it just me or has it alwasy been 10% chance? i thought it was 20% if they changed it, fix it back!

GnatB
06.13.2012 , 01:08 PM | #2
May want to specify what you are talking about. I *suspect* you're talking about reverse engineering chances?

Since they've added the tooltip, the odds to successfully reverse engineer "linearly" have always been 20% from green to blue, and 20% from blue to purple.

THe odds to successfully reverse engineer "tiered" items has always been 20% from Tier 0 to tier 1, and 10% from tier 1 to tier 2.

Yes, the more possible outcomes there are, Including mostly duds, the harder it is to succeed in the first place. Counterintuitive and silly? Yeppers.

Darzil
06.14.2012 , 10:26 AM | #3
Also depends on item being made. Some are 20% green to blue and 20% blue to purple.

It's a bit mad really. With a skilled high crit chance high affection companion making an augment, say, you make 1.2 armourings on average, with a 20% chance from green to blue, and 20% chance blue to purple, with only one thing you can make at each tier. So that's an average of 8 makes to get what you want.

However, making something that had multiple options when you want something specific is much harder. Making a particular belt, say, you have a 20% chance of one of 3 blue schematics, and you can't make two on a crit, so that's an average of 10 makes to get the right blue. It's then a 10% chance for one of 5 purple schematics, so that's an average of 30 makes to get what you want from that, for a total average of 40, five times as high !

Endymionsama
06.14.2012 , 01:10 PM | #4
I think its retarded too. Things that are linear should do the 20% to 10% thing but if its one that does the 3 that changes to the 5 choices it should not do the 20% to 10% its just not fair considering what you have to unlock. Basically to gear up with synthweaving you have to do that with the whole outfit where as with cybertech you only got to get 2 items for the armor and mods, maybe three if your character uses a shield or focus.