Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What happens if you DON'T transfer?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What happens if you DON'T transfer?

Goretzu
07.13.2012 , 06:45 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Sparklehorse View Post
You will be transferred.

Sorry but just face it. It's going to happen. They aren't going to keep a server open for 2 or 3 people who want to keep their names.

Not trying to be an *** but you might as well face it and take matters into your own hands before they force something on you.

They've already announced it, all none destination servers will be closed as some unspecified point in the future.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

jarjarloves
07.13.2012 , 09:03 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by JDDMichael View Post
My guess?

If you don't transfer you will get to sit on a largely empty server while BioWare drops a press release stating that they had NO IDEA how POPULAR the COMMUNITY SUPPORTING TRANSFER SERVICE would be, and that since ALL EXPECTATIONS have been smashed, they will be relocating remaining accounts to the associated destination server and taking the unnecessary server hardware offline.

What you won't see is the word "merger" used anywhere. Because this isn't a merger... It is a spontaneous and unexpected player driven migration.
well they can't use the word merger. Look how everyone freaked out when they said level 1-15 would be F2P? People where acting like it was the end of the world. If they ever say the word merger it will be even worse.

JunkyardWolf
07.13.2012 , 10:08 AM | #73
They need to give us choices then, i have charactors on 5 servers they want to give me a tranfer for, but they only give me 1 choice. well geeewiz, First off they all wont fit , Second why the heck would i want to have 2 or 3 of the same type charactor on the same server? just give me a couple choices,is that so hard? YES! according to the response i got from support today:

"We understand that you wish to transfer your character to a destination server that has not been assigned to your origin server. We regret to say that this option is not a part of the initial Character Transfer Service. Characters on a specific group of origin servers will only be able to transfer to specific individual destination servers at the moment"
proud to be a Cranky ole fart!

Bulwyf
07.13.2012 , 10:10 AM | #74
Even though we didn't want to transfer my wife and I did. I emailed bioware about it and the email I got back basically told me that while we weren't forced to move the server wasn't going to stay open and that the window for free transfers was limited. After that we'd have to do a paid transfer to get off the server.
Such a lot the gods gave to me—to me, the dazed, the disappointed; the barren, the broken.

H.P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Goretzu
07.13.2012 , 10:31 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
well they can't use the word merger. Look how everyone freaked out when they said level 1-15 would be F2P? People where acting like it was the end of the world. If they ever say the word merger it will be even worse.
It's bizarre though, this is and always has been server mergers........ not calling it that doesn't change a thing.

But you're completely right it's all about spin and perception, I was always puzzled about them refusing to refer to SWTORs RvR as "RvR" (when EA are the trademark holders), but in the end they can say they never actually promised RvR and it would be the technical truth.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

HarleysRule
07.13.2012 , 10:31 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Bulwyf View Post
Even though we didn't want to transfer my wife and I did. I emailed bioware about it and the email I got back basically told me that while we weren't forced to move the server wasn't going to stay open and that the window for free transfers was limited. After that we'd have to do a paid transfer to get off the server.
They've done some really dumb things over the course of developing and launching the game, but I honestly can't see them forcing you to pay to get off a server they're about to close, considering a CSR in another thread said they wouldn't delete any characters.

pipda
07.13.2012 , 11:16 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by JDDMichael View Post
What you won't see is the word "merger" used anywhere. Because this isn't a merger... It is a spontaneous and unexpected player driven migration.
+1 Internets To You

MillionsKNives
07.13.2012 , 11:22 AM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
It's bizarre though, this is and always has been server mergers........ not calling it that doesn't change a thing.

But you're completely right it's all about spin and perception, I was always puzzled about them refusing to refer to SWTORs RvR as "RvR" (when EA are the trademark holders), but in the end they can say they never actually promised RvR and it would be the technical truth.
Just an FYI, their transfer page has listed this as a merger ever since they announced the second phase.
http://www.swtor.com/transfer

Bulwyf
07.13.2012 , 11:48 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by HarleysRule View Post
They've done some really dumb things over the course of developing and launching the game, but I honestly can't see them forcing you to pay to get off a server they're about to close, considering a CSR in another thread said they wouldn't delete any characters.
That is what I was told in the email. That free transfers were a limited time offer and after that it would be paid transfers.
Such a lot the gods gave to me—to me, the dazed, the disappointed; the barren, the broken.

H.P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"