Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What happens if you DON'T transfer?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What happens if you DON'T transfer?

DarthTHC
06.13.2012 , 10:44 AM | #11
For some amount of time you'll be playing on a less populated server. After that, BioWare hasn't said.

If we follow the seemingly safe assumptions of no impending major influx of players and merges into "super-servers" at some point in the future, you'll probably be forcibly merged someday.

TUXs
06.13.2012 , 10:44 AM | #12
Who cares?! You and your wife play now, just take the move and don't worry about those who don't. As of now, nothing happens to them. If that changes, be glad you moved.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Soul_of_Flames
06.13.2012 , 10:48 AM | #13
Our guild decided we didn't want to accept a transfer. We are pretty self sufficient so we can still do many HMs and Ops on our own. Plus PvP will be cross server so that doesn't really present an issue.

The only thing now is that I think we are being forced to move. I personally don't want to have to go and change the names of my characters. I'm happy with where I am even if other guilds leave... but now I'm not sure about that decision anymore since it may have just been futile...

DizzD
06.13.2012 , 11:07 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by JDDMichael View Post
My guess?

If you don't transfer you will get to sit on a largely empty server while BioWare drops a press release stating that they had NO IDEA how POPULAR the COMMUNITY SUPPORTING TRANSFER SERVICE would be, and that since ALL EXPECTATIONS have been smashed, they will be relocating remaining accounts to the associated destination server and taking the unnecessary server hardware offline.

What you won't see is the word "merger" used anywhere. Because this isn't a merger... It is a spontaneous and unexpected player driven migration.
i LOL'd.
Darth Dizmal
<Sithit>
Shadowlands
Moar Pew Pew

jgelling
06.13.2012 , 11:10 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by JDDMichael View Post
My guess?

If you don't transfer you will get to sit on a largely empty server while BioWare drops a press release stating that they had NO IDEA how POPULAR the COMMUNITY SUPPORTING TRANSFER SERVICE would be, and that since ALL EXPECTATIONS have been smashed, they will be relocating remaining accounts to the associated destination server and taking the unnecessary server hardware offline.

What you won't see is the word "merger" used anywhere. Because this isn't a merger... It is a spontaneous and unexpected player driven migration.
+1 Internet - this forum has more humor than the game.

Wow, that TRANSFER SERVICE offers INCREDIBLE VALUE!

Brodysmith
06.13.2012 , 11:11 AM | #16
If you DON'T transfer, you will be on a server with next to no one on it, which you might not mind if you just play with your wife. Although, I believe they pay for the servers in advance, so they probably still have time left on them, which is why they aren't forcing people to leave right now. If its true that they pay in advance, they might see that its financially better to have the rest of the players transfer also, so they can close some of the servers instead of paying for a whole server that barely anyone plays on..... Just my guess from things I've read.

Brodysmith
06.13.2012 , 11:13 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Soul_of_Flames View Post
Our guild decided we didn't want to accept a transfer. We are pretty self sufficient so we can still do many HMs and Ops on our own. Plus PvP will be cross server so that doesn't really present an issue.

The only thing now is that I think we are being forced to move. I personally don't want to have to go and change the names of my characters. I'm happy with where I am even if other guilds leave... but now I'm not sure about that decision anymore since it may have just been futile...
Where did you see PVP will be cross server? From what I've seen, any type of cross server will be their last resort...very very last resort. These server transfers are a main reason for them not having to do the cross server stuff, that is why we are having it a few weeks before patch 1.3

Lundli
06.13.2012 , 11:14 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by BJWyler View Post
I heard Rift and/or WoW did something similar.
Trion labeled a bunch of servers "trial server" and forced people off them, in reality the trial / "free to 20" players are on the normal servers, there's no way to see the trial servers unless you still have a char on them.

JediMasterSarynn
06.13.2012 , 11:17 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Soul_of_Flames View Post

They aren't doing cross-server PvP any time soon if at all. They've stated this repeatedly.
The Sunrider Legacy | Deiryn | Deiryl | Zadiel | Varinne
Aethereal on Harbinger - A PvE/PvP/Conquest/Social Guild - Visit Us and Join Now!

Muskaan
06.13.2012 , 11:21 AM | #20
If you DON'T transfer, your toon will get thrown into the Sarlacc pit in Tattoine and you will be slowly digested over a thousand years.
50 Sorc Healer/DPS
- We Brake For Nobody - (RIP)
Empire US-West PvE soon-to-be defunct raiding guild
(5/5 Eternity Vault HM, 5/5 Karagga's Palace HM)