Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Ajunta Pall to Jung Ma...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community
Ajunta Pall to Jung Ma...

Aaroneus's Avatar


Aaroneus
06.13.2012 , 12:11 PM | #11
I transfered my less played Imp sniper over to Jung Ma from Ajunta pall. Just testing it out as my guildies are concerned about server lag issues due to Jung Ma being on the east coast and most of us are on the west coast. Has anyone else had any substantial cross-continent lag problems in the past?

On a side note, my aforementioned transfer took less than a minute which far exceeded my expectations.
Xterra - Sniper <Nothing-Personal>

LrdRahvin's Avatar


LrdRahvin
06.13.2012 , 12:17 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Aaroneus View Post
I transfered my less played Imp sniper over to Jung Ma from Ajunta pall. Just testing it out as my guildies are concerned about server lag issues due to Jung Ma being on the east coast and most of us are on the west coast. Has anyone else had any substantial cross-continent lag problems in the past?

On a side note, my aforementioned transfer took less than a minute which far exceeded my expectations.
Transferred all 8 of my chars there this morning from AP. Ping/latency on AP avg'd around 30....on JM avg's around 80....in a game with gcd 80 ms is negligible.

Moondragon's Avatar


Moondragon
06.13.2012 , 12:21 PM | #13
Moving all 8 characters.

In a sense, I'm treating this as a Server Merge. I actually fully encourage everyone to do so as well. If everyone goes, it'll be the same people...but with an additional hundred+ people as well. Good times for all.
Dai'alastar Moondragon .
Jedi Guardian
Jung Ma Looking for Guild

Aaroneus's Avatar


Aaroneus
06.13.2012 , 12:27 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by LrdRahvin View Post
Transferred all 8 of my chars there this morning from AP. Ping/latency on AP avg'd around 30....on JM avg's around 80....in a game with gcd 80 ms is negligible.
Good to know. I'll pass this on to my guys. Thanks!
Xterra - Sniper <Nothing-Personal>

adorexdior's Avatar


adorexdior
06.13.2012 , 12:50 PM | #15
I re rolled my 1st week onto jun ma from another server.. and then 4 days ago.. re rolled onto another server... but i will say this in jung ma's defense... the population is going up.. and this could only bring good things... so i would suggest anyone even slightly thinking of going to jung ma, to go for it.

i believe i saw something like 130ish 140ish on fleet last night (jung ma)

DarthMors's Avatar


DarthMors
06.13.2012 , 01:55 PM | #16
i want high and active population.
There is no light,
There is no dark,
There is only what I make,
I am the Force.

DarthMors's Avatar


DarthMors
06.13.2012 , 04:46 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Aaroneus View Post
Has anyone else had any substantial cross-continent lag problems in the past?
im in Central. so im closer to east than west. i could be biased.
There is no light,
There is no dark,
There is only what I make,
I am the Force.

Tunganation's Avatar


Tunganation
06.13.2012 , 09:23 PM | #18
I actually prefer a nice quiet server, I'll actually play ajunta pall more now, if I'm less likely to get ganked while doing my thing. Does anyone know if the plan is to simply close down the nice quiet servers where it isn't a race to get harvestables? I'd rather not move if I don't have to...

clearsighted's Avatar


clearsighted
06.13.2012 , 09:26 PM | #19
My small PvP guild has transferred from AP to Jung Ma.

Server lag isn't really noticable (83ish MS from West Coast? Compared to 26ish.) WIth GCD of 1.5 seconds, it isn't a factor. I've comfortably played many FPS shooters above that.

Jung had 210+ on the fleet tonight.

clearsighted's Avatar


clearsighted
06.13.2012 , 09:27 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Tunganation View Post
I actually prefer a nice quiet server, I'll actually play ajunta pall more now, if I'm less likely to get ganked while doing my thing. Does anyone know if the plan is to simply close down the nice quiet servers where it isn't a race to get harvestables? I'd rather not move if I don't have to...
Was anyone ever likely to get ganked anywhere on AP?