Using an Xbox controller?

Sloopik

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to do it too.

This way I can just sit back in the couch and play swtor on my tv. I got a small keyboard I would like to use in combination with the controller.

I hate the mouse, it hurts my clicking finger. :)

Hurts your finger? WoW what mouse you got the Razer cheese grater?

Just curious if anybody has done it and if the process is simple to set up.

Look for an app called Joystix Pro. They make profiles for all games, allowing you to set switch buttons to have like 20-30 keybinds possible on a controller. Never used it myself but I get emails about it a lot.

If you are looking to use either a 360 controller or Logitech/Saitech you will have to use Xpadder or its equivalent unfort. Im using it with my Saitek as have with MANY mmo's, and it works fine, even for PVP. Im really surprised that they never added in support like City of Heroes does/did(among a ton of other MMO's) Someone has a vid up using the 360 controller on youtube, an this is his layout

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/4284/xpadderd.jpg[/img

If anyone is gonna use it on a Saitek, I have a profile for the P880 and P2500 if interested. Not sure why so many are flaming the idea of using gamepad in the 1st place though

For the non-believers, I do use a controller for PVP.

I use the Razer Onza TE.

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/ThemeID.26460500/productID.235034100/categoryId.54746700

It great, the things with PC gamers..they feel like there is no replacement

for a mouse and keyboard.

I am a over-all gamer, I play PC, PS3 and XboX.

It does work..takes a little getting use too..but works similar to

Splinter Cell a 3rd person shooter with auto-lock.

Or Assassin's Creed, you are able to bind your Keys.

MMOs are no FPS..you really don't have to AIM.

Locate your target (bind your key to Target your Enemy and Follow) scroll or locate your target and your fine.

I did a small video capture for JoyStix this was Early Beta..but I am lvl 24 now and

PVPn non-stop with my Razer Onza TE:

https://joystixpro.com/what-is-joystix/video-demos/

For the non-believers, I do use a controller for PVP.

I use the Razer Onza TE.

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/ThemeID.26460500/productID.235034100/categoryId.54746700

It great, the things with PC gamers..they feel like there is no replacement

for a mouse and keyboard.

I am a over-all gamer, I play PC, PS3 and XboX.

It does work..takes a little getting use too..but works similar to

Splinter Cell a 3rd person shooter with auto-lock.

Or Assassin's Creed, you are able to bind your Keys.

MMOs are no FPS..you really don't have to AIM.

Locate your target (bind your key to Target your Enemy and Follow) scroll or locate your target and your fine.

I did a small video capture for JoyStix this was Early Beta..but I am lvl 24 now and

PVPn non-stop with my Razer Onza TE:

https://joystixpro.com/what-is-joystix/video-demos/

Are you binding each ability to a button or is there someway to scroll across your action bar?

Yes, I bind my keys in the game:

(Short example)

(Controller) A,X,Y,B = 1, 2, 3, 4

(Controller) Left Trigger + A,X,Y,B = 4,5,6,7

(Controller) Right Trigger+ A,X,Y,B =8,9,0,-

Then I set up my bottom analog stick to right trigger + up (on the left analog stick)

it will scroll to my next toolbar.

Its actually really easy, if you play games like Assassin's Creed you are use to using all the

the buttons and combination of buttons.

Right Bumper is your right mouse click (so i use that to move the camera)

Left Bumper is your left Click (loots, answer questions etc)

Hit me up if you have any specific questions.

Yes, I bind my keys in the game:

(Short example)

(Controller) A,X,Y,B = 1, 2, 3, 4

(Controller) Left Trigger + A,X,Y,B = 4,5,6,7

(Controller) Right Trigger+ A,X,Y,B =8,9,0,-

Then I set up my bottom analog stick to right trigger + up (on the left analog stick)

it will scroll to my next toolbar.

Its actually really easy, if you play games like Assassin's Creed you are use to using all the

the buttons and combination of buttons.

Right Bumper is your right mouse click (so i use that to move the camera)

Left Bumper is your left Click (loots, answer questions etc)

Hit me up if you have any specific questions.

Are you customizing the free WoW version of the software?

Yea dude,

I got a full version of JoyStix Pro, .but you can also bind them in the game.

Honestly I can go several hours of game play now, relaxed in my chair.

Not having to lean foward on the Keyboard.

I work behind a computer all day..Its a great to get home and jump on the game

And kick back and play.

Yes I'm using an xbox360 controller with xpadder and its working out real well. Been using it with my Sage since lvl 1 now at lvl 31 :)

Yea dude controllers!! Awesome on the lvl...I hope to hit lvl 30 todau (currently 29.25).

I have actually done this since the early SWG days, but that was a modded Xbox controller. LotRO I used the 360 but I opened it up and made a true 8-way dpad, so I could hit all of the important hot buttons really easily. It was great and actually native to LotRO, so now I want to do the same with this game. Movement for me is much easier than with the mouse, at least in the other MMO's I have done this with.

It is nice to sit back and play from the TV or projector without having to use the keyboard much. What do they say, don't knock it until you try it.

I have actually done this since the early SWG days, but that was a modded Xbox controller. LotRO I used the 360 but I opened it up and made a true 8-way dpad, so I could hit all of the important hot buttons really easily. It was great and actually native to LotRO, so now I want to do the same with this game. Movement for me is much easier than with the mouse, at least in the other MMO's I have done this with.

It is nice to sit back and play from the TV or projector without having to use the keyboard much. What do they say, don't knock it until you try it.

I agree dude, players will freak out when i tell them im using a controller.

Im running Shadow, so i have my Melee attacks in tool bar 1(1-+) and range tool bar 2(1-+) and buffs etc on the side bars 3 & 4 (left & right).

Only option i wish they had in game would be to Camera lock.

But im am getting use to the camera movement.

If anyone has valuable advice unlike this I'd like to hear it. I'm going to try to make something work. Does anybody know if this has been done?

It can be done, I seen a post on how to do it over at gamefaqs.com

I think he had 24 hotkeys set up and and could move and look with the sticks, with some companion stuff on the D-pad.

Sorry, thats all I know. Maybe you can dig the thread up, it had a how to on it.

The four face buttons where hotkeys, the triggers and shoulder buttons (4 of them) changed what the face buttons did. Like pressing shift+1 or just 1.