Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Transfer Service is Perfect

richardya
06.13.2012 , 08:56 AM | #1
I was one of the people who was against transfers. I was in favor of mergers for various reasons. Bioware deserves credit for the transfers.

The total time it took to get my toons transferred was under 30 seconds. You are up and running instantly. There is definitely excitement being on a new server and having (I am a PvP player) miniscule queue times. I sense some good rivalries brewing between servers. My guess is that we will get more servers to transfer to our destination server.

The only things you need to do are transfer all your toons if you want your legacy buffs. If you leave one on the old server you don't get the buff. And, you need to select your interface editor again, your keybinds are all saved. (Client side or they did it for you) Last tip, remember to remove everything from the GTN and get all your mail.

I think this is the start of positive things. I am looking forward to rated warzones.

Bring on the hate.

Smuglebunny
06.13.2012 , 09:00 AM | #2
how do I knw when the transfer is done? and can I que up all the characters to transfer before the first is done?

xDementedx
06.13.2012 , 09:01 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Smuglebunny View Post
how do I knw when the transfer is done?
You select the server and take a look to the right. You will then click on the character
GeorgZoeller: "If we ever reach the point where every class thinks they are completely balanced and everything is great, I'll take the red pill and unplug from the matrix."

Smuglebunny
06.13.2012 , 09:05 AM | #4
oh I see it happens fast...

DarkkChaos
06.13.2012 , 09:13 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by richardya View Post
Last tip, remember to remove everything from the GTN and get all your mail.
Excellent tip!!!
CTD...every 120 mins...since : 9/26/2012

Skirata_Kal
06.13.2012 , 09:17 AM | #6
The transfer tool is indeed well done and Bioware definitely deserves kudos for it. I was never against transfers per se, I actually think it's a service that all MMO's should have. I simpy disagreed with their philosophy on Mega-servers vs xserver LFD. They've made their decision though, and I accept it and will give it an honest try. As for the transfer tool itself, maximum kudos. Very easy to use tool and it happens fast. I understand the impatience of those who are on servers that aren't on the list yet, but I also understand Bioware's decision to do it in phases.
Forum troll, former fanboy, later a "hater", recent returnee

Goretzu
06.13.2012 , 09:24 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by richardya View Post
The only things you need to do are transfer all your toons if you want your legacy buffs. If you leave one on the old server you don't get the buff. .

I was wondering how that worked, the FAQ wasn't clear on it.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Smuglebunny
06.13.2012 , 09:35 AM | #8
Transfered all of my toons off The Defenestrator and onto Jedi Covenant. It went smoothly other than that it says I have 4 toons on the server(jedi covenant) and I only have 3 but it doesnt harm me so...whATEVER. And I wanted to be on Droogas or Canderous Ordo but its ok. This is fine.

Thanks Bioware.

richardya
06.13.2012 , 09:44 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Skirata_Kal View Post
I understand the impatience of those who are on servers that aren't on the list yet, but I also understand Bioware's decision to do it in phases.
I think the pace will pick up fast. Phases was smart, if there were issues it would only have effected a few as opposed to all. It's obviously an automated process that works, so I imagine the pool of servers will increase dramatically with minor increases to wait to wait time.

RangerBeo
06.13.2012 , 12:12 PM | #10
Thank you Bioware for a fast, easy and prefectly executed transfer of all my characters to The Ebon Hawk I also want to thank you for improving my game experience....over 130 on fleet in the middle of the day already Great Work!
" can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out " - The Immortal Words of Battlebug