Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is there a way to see what an item looks like?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Is there a way to see what an item looks like?

Kaerwolf
06.13.2012 , 06:47 AM | #1
I have so far not been able to have a pre-buy look at what an item looks like on my characters before I buy it, which is a real shame I think. I want to have a look at an item beyond what stats it gives me before I buy. Is there an ingame way I've missed or is there an external page where I can watch all items to go to?

Eillack
06.13.2012 , 06:54 AM | #2
Wrong place to post.

But just do...hmm can't recall but it's either ctrl + left click or shift+left click.

But post in the correct area next time.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Kaerwolf
06.13.2012 , 07:02 AM | #3
Thanks, and as for the "correct" forum I take it that is then the Community part forum then. I went with this because it seemed to be the most fitting forum name for the question. Star Wars, naturally logic sense directs me to this thread.

Wolfninjajedi
06.13.2012 , 07:24 AM | #4
Yes but this is for discussion of things in the Star Wars universe, not game related things.

Welcome to the STAR WARS discussion Forum! This forum exists so that Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ community members can discuss the larger STAR WARS galaxy, including the movies, books, comics, and other video games.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Mithros
06.13.2012 , 12:07 PM | #5
It's Ctrl + left click.

It only shows the wearables (and companion customization kits), though,not weapons.
Beta Squadron 157

As long as we remember, it's never really gone.

Lyseira
06.13.2012 , 02:13 PM | #6
Not sure if a show weapon feature is much of use yet, since you cannot zoom into the preview.

But I agree, a show weapon feature would be nice, but it would really needs a huge zoom in.

Dafpants
06.13.2012 , 07:40 PM | #7
Ctrl+click. Companion tab also available, with left and right arrows at the top to cycle through (so you don't need to keep summoning them to try stuff on).
Quote: Originally Posted by Lyseira View Post
Not sure if a show weapon feature is much of use yet, since you cannot zoom into the preview.
But I agree, a show weapon feature would be nice, but it would really needs a huge zoom in.
This. Also for helmets and gloves and other small items. Chestplate/robe and pants/skirt are the only thing you can see properly.
Also being able to un-preview it without having to close the whole thing would be nice; never seems to work on companions.
Duct tape is like The Force; it has a light said and a dark side and it holds the universe together.
While I always try to provide correct and meaningful information I have been known to make mistakes, from time to time.