Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Am I stupid ?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

pellib
06.12.2012 , 03:29 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by OmegaMayhem View Post
Are you kidding me?

You are paying 15 dollars a month to play this game.

If you have ANY questions about ANYTHING concerning this game, where is the first place a reasonable person would go to look for answers?

The game's website.
I don't understand that, why should I be responsible to check websites ? Why isn't it the providers responsibility to inform me ?

Brodysmith
06.12.2012 , 03:30 PM | #12
Yeah...BW doesn't seem to think of every situation.

yannar
06.12.2012 , 03:31 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by pellib View Post
I don't understand that, why should I be responsible to check websites ? Why isn't it the providers responsibility to inform me ?
well technically when you open the launcher there is a big server transfer thingy that tells you to come here and check
Originally Posted by Bobabounty
On April 18th, 2011, the Bioware Empire finally continued the campaign of terror against the Off-Topic Section and the citizens that lived there.

OmegaMayhem
06.12.2012 , 03:31 PM | #14
Wow... just WOW!!!

They DO inform you, my entitled little friend... they inform you on their website.

Would you like an engraved invitation delivered by messenger owl to your cupboard under the stairs?

sbutehorn
06.12.2012 , 03:32 PM | #15
I bought this game to have a fun game to play when I feel like it. After a while the server I'm playing on was deserted and we will move to another server. What do I need to do and know in order to move ?

Is it my responsibility to constantly check the forums or will I get an email when it's time for me to move ?
Come on man it isn't that hard. If the forums are too much of a hassle for you it is advertised right on the game LAUNCHER that this is all starting to happen. You guys want a fed -ex guy to hand deliver a special note that it is now time to consider moving? BW has announced it at E3, put it in the forums, put it on the launcher, advertised it in multiple media venues and yet you are saying "What if people don't know?" Crawl out from under the rock once in a while.

trussasp
06.12.2012 , 03:32 PM | #16
Hi OP:

You are correct, they are not super-informative about this process, and information is trickling out, in different places.

If you actively monitor the forums or website, however, you should get an idea of what is going on.

Here are some of the possible places to check:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=477706

http://www.swtor.com/transfer#transfer-rules

http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/4997

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20120612

pellib
06.12.2012 , 03:32 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Brodysmith View Post
Yeah...BW doesn't seem to think of every situation.
They got all the facts, the server I'm on, when it's time to move etc. all I'm saying send an automated email and inform the players.

thomasgallant
06.12.2012 , 03:32 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by OmegaMayhem View Post
Wow... just WOW!!!

They DO inform you, my entitled little friend... then inform you on their website.

Would you like an engraved invitation delivered by messenger owl to your cupboard under the stairs?
jesus.. how did you know i live in a cupboard under the stairs! damn you are magic!!!
"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." Obi-Wan Kenobi

KeepMe
06.12.2012 , 03:32 PM | #19
I find it very strange, lets say I buy a service if something changes shouldn't I be informed rather than the other way around ?
They've been telling players for months to check the forums for updates on server transfers for when and what servers will be involved.

rymah
06.12.2012 , 03:32 PM | #20
They have a responsibility to a certain point, but the consumer needs to be able to ask the question instead of waiting for the answer and getting upset when nothing is said.
Minister of Propaganda, Deadly Shenanigans
Drooga's Pleasure Barge / Lord Praven / Squadron 238
The Shadowedsoul Legacy
~ immortalis imperator veneremur ~