Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Am I stupid ?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

pellib
06.12.2012 , 03:20 PM | #1
I bought this game to have a fun game to play when I feel like it. After a while the server I'm playing on was deserted and we will move to another server. What do I need to do and know in order to move ?

Is it my responsibility to constantly check the forums or will I get an email when it's time for me to move ?

OmegaMayhem
06.12.2012 , 03:21 PM | #2
You will have to check the forums to see if your server is eligible for transfers.

thomasgallant
06.12.2012 , 03:22 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by pellib View Post
I bought this game to have a fun game to play when I feel like it. After a while the server I'm playing on was deserted and we will move to another server. What do I need to do and know in order to move ?

Is it my responsibility to constantly check the forums or will I get an email when it's time for me to move ?
you just need to wait for more server transfers to open up tomorrow. ( bug caused them to stop for the day) and if your server is a transfer from or to server you will see an influx of people which is good.
"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." Obi-Wan Kenobi

pellib
06.12.2012 , 03:24 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by OmegaMayhem View Post
You will have to check the forums to see if your server is eligible for transfers.
How many of the playerbase are aware of that ? I know that most of my friends have no idea that they have to actively move.

Tiaa
06.12.2012 , 03:25 PM | #5
How many of the playerbase are aware of that ? I know that most of my friends have no idea that they have to actively move.
Around here:

Everything is the players fault.

thomasgallant
06.12.2012 , 03:26 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Tiaa View Post
Around here:

i was under the impression it was fairly well spelled out in their dev post about it... though maybe i read to much into it when i read it the first time
"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." Obi-Wan Kenobi

Crash-X
06.12.2012 , 03:26 PM | #7
You actually bring up a great point. Not sure what is going on with servers since I play on Fatman....but Bioware should be doing something in-game to let people know about servers.

OmegaMayhem
06.12.2012 , 03:27 PM | #8
Are you kidding me?

You are paying 15 dollars a month to play this game.

If you have ANY questions about ANYTHING concerning this game, where is the first place a reasonable person would go to look for answers?

The game's website.

LiberalSyn
06.12.2012 , 03:28 PM | #9
Its hard to consider giving a definitive answer to that. Those who read the forums on a regular bases may well be the majority of the player base. Who knows. On that note, however, if your playing an MMO then its always a good idea to keep track of info like this, hence why your asking this question.

pellib
06.12.2012 , 03:28 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Tiaa View Post
Around here:

I find it very strange, lets say I buy a service if something changes shouldn't I be informed rather than the other way around ?