Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfers Missing The Mark So Far

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Character Transfers Missing The Mark So Far

johnnynumberfiv
06.12.2012 , 02:03 PM | #1
I have 5 characters eligible to transfer from one low pop server (Ven Zallow) to another server (Jung-Ma)... I get combining the two of them and possibly more to hopefully make another populated server. However, after my original server saw a large decrease in player numbers I had no real choice but to re-roll to another server. As many people have done, I migrated to The Fatman. Well now the conundrum is this: there is no way to combine my characters onto a single server. Not eligible to send any characters from old server to Fatman nor am I eligible to send characters from Fatman to Jung-Ma. Its still early in the transfer process so no doubt I am trying to give BW the benefit of the doubt ... However, there is currently no way to condense my characters onto a single server. If I have to pay a transfer fee to go to Fatman I could possibly just decide to take an extended (possibly permanent) hiatus from the game. The Legacy system / update makes it to where you almost have to play on the same server to reap the benefits of the system. I sincerely hope this issue gets addressed and players have an option to have their characters on a single server without having to pay an additional monetary fee. I would venture to guess there are a lot of people in a similar situation as me right now.

Does Bioware have a contengency plan for dealing with this issue?
Is there any way I can move my characters from Fatman to Jung-Ma or perhaps to avoid overpopulation allow me to move as many characters to Fatman to replace existing alternate characters already on the server? For example, I have 5 characters on Fatman so pehaps I could choose to have 3 of them swapped with characters on Ven Zallow / Jung-Ma that way no additional slots are taken on the server.
Blessed Are The Flexible For They Do Not Get Bent Out Of Shape

deathbykarma
06.12.2012 , 02:06 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by johnnynumberfiv View Post
I have 5 characters eligible to transfer from one low pop server (Ven Zallow) to another server (Jung-Ma)... I get combining the two of them and possibly more to hopefully make another populated server. However, after my original server saw a large decrease in player numbers I had no real choice but to re-roll to another server. As many people have done, I migrated to The Fatman. Well now the conundrum is this: there is no way to combine my characters onto a single server. Not eligible to send any characters from old server to Fatman nor am I eligible to send characters from Fatman to Jung-Ma. Its still early in the transfer process so no doubt I am trying to give BW the benefit of the doubt ... However, there is currently no way to condense my characters onto a single server. If I have to pay a transfer fee to go to Fatman I could possibly just decide to take an extended (possibly permanent) hiatus from the game. The Legacy system / update makes it to where you almost have to play on the same server to reap the benefits of the system. I sincerely hope this issue gets addressed and players have an option to have their characters on a single server without having to pay an additional monetary fee. I would venture to guess there are a lot of people in a similar situation as me right now.

Is there any way I can move my characters from Fatman to Jung-Ma or perhaps to avoid overpopulation allow me to move as many characters to Fatman to replace existing alternate characters already on the server? For example, I have 5 characters on Fatman so pehaps I could choose to have 3 of them swapped with characters on Ven Zallow / Jung-Ma that way no additional slots are taken on the server.
I just deleted my characters off fatman, less hassle, but you might be waiting awhile, but if you do decide to go /bye

Zarathrus
06.12.2012 , 02:11 PM | #3
Even if, over the next few days, they don't somehow allow you to transfer all of your characters to one server for free, there will be paid server xfers available, hopefully, in the next few weeks.

The strategy seems to be to use free transfers to reach BW's server pop goals, then use paid xfers to keep people like you happy.
The annoying bit is the whole process seems like its going to take the better part of a month to complete.

johnnynumberfiv
06.12.2012 , 02:15 PM | #4
I don't think simply deleting my level 50 whose geared out and has mad loot as being an acceptable alternative. That type of attitude will cause an even bigger population crisis than we are currently seeing. There has to be ways around that issue that'll keep ppl happy. Depending on the fee I would possibly pay to move my Marauder over and just forget the rest of the characters but if its something like $20 there is no way I would pay it. If $20 is worth losing $15 a month like clockwork for the next 3 - 4 years then that decision is made for me already. I don't think its that unreasonable.

johnnynumberfiv
06.12.2012 , 02:18 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Zarathrus View Post
Even if, over the next few days, they don't somehow allow you to transfer all of your characters to one server for free, there will be paid server xfers available, hopefully, in the next few weeks.

The strategy seems to be to use free transfers to reach BW's server pop goals, then use paid xfers to keep people like you happy.
The annoying bit is the whole process seems like its going to take the better part of a month to complete.
Yeah and I don't really agree with having to pay because I wanted to play the game with actual people. You know what I'm saying? It's kind of punishing active players in a way. Have to wait and see I suppose.

SteffizleESQ
06.12.2012 , 02:27 PM | #6
Your problem is that you re-rolled on a different server type. BW was been pretty clear when they explained that transfers would be to/from the same server types. L2read.

Stradoo
06.12.2012 , 02:32 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by johnnynumberfiv View Post

Your thread title should read "Character Transfers Missing the Mark FOR ME So Far"

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ! Kids... whattaya do.
Don't be a Sad Koala. L2PvP!

SolidStryfe
06.12.2012 , 02:38 PM | #8
The chain of events began when Bioware allowed the population of their servers to dwindle, ignoring player pleas to begin transfers in February (when the population issues began). Bioware dropped the ball. You either sat there for 3+ months on your dead server or rerolled on a populated server. I completely understand what you did and why. Those that want to talk crap only do so because they rolled on a more populated server so they don't understand the issues 90% of the other servers are having due to them being dense.

Bioware is in charge of the updates and servers. Why are transfers JUST trickling in now? Why are they so slow? Why not just combine servers instead of forcing people to stay subbed for the 10+ day process? (If your sub runs out you will lose your chance to transfer for free)

Oh, don't give them your money to pay for transfers. You bought the game and pay $15 a month. They owe you a lot for supporting their questionable endeavor, which is leaving a sour taste in the mouths of many (including their shareholders). What they did to us is not okay.

Nosferatusss
06.12.2012 , 02:41 PM | #9
Hey johnnynumberfiv

I got the same problem than you! I transfert today my 5 caracters from Ven Zallow to Jung Ma and i'm waiting to know how i will transfert my caracter from Fatman to Jung Ma.... If you get an answer someday, let me know!

Notannos
06.12.2012 , 02:48 PM | #10
Greetings Everyone,

Discussion on character transfers is very popular on the forums today. For general discussion and feedback in regards to the current information on character transfers please use the following thread: Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers.

For more information on character transfers we suggest you visit the following links

http://www.swtor.com/transfer

Character Transfer Service FAQ