Gray Star

Imyershootah

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether you found the encounter tough or not, Gray Star is much harder than any other gold mobs you encounter until that point, and for a while for that fact. It shouldn't be nerfed though because it acts as an acid test as to whether you know how to do more than just DPS. I died the first time doing it simply because I wasn't expecting it, but learned pretty quickly that he wasn't a "normal" gold.

I dont think he should be nerfed, It took me two tries before I downed him, It is all about using your cds and stuns etc. It's a great encounter which forces you to use most of your skills and not stand in the fire. If you are having problems with it you just need to learn to handle your class better which is nothing but profitable!

Well if you are an imperial agent then you should have minimal heal buttons right? I can't remember, ive raised myself heals from as soon as i could. but the fact is, your companion is a tank, control her and let her do the work while maintaining lower threat than her. she does the work you get the credit.

When you say Gray Star do you mean the Marshal Boss fight? Gray Star was the 3 eyed snouty guy in the back room. As for the Boss fight, I died three times, first to get out of the cinemetagraphy...as a sniper its never good to be talking three feet from the guy when the fight starts. Second time I died was an accident as I froze on the control. Third time I got my ******* together and had Kailyo target the Jedi I was throwing everything on instead of picking off the OPPOSITE guy. Usually its an okay strategy but not on bosses with her. Every fight I fought after that was simple but I still have a hared time in some Heroic 2+ areas. I dont have the endurance yet to make those areas benefitial.

If you're not speccing into healing, then I wouldn't suggest using your pet as a tank. When I originally tried it, my pet was on Guard Stance and the high threat ability (the name escapes me atm) was on. I was having trouble interrupting the boss while keeping up the healing. I would heavily heal the companion, but when I had to switch to interrupt the boss, I'd be way behind on heals for the companion. Didn't take very long for the pet to die. I then switched my pet to Sniper Sight and turned off the high threat ability. It was a piece of cake after that. Interrupt him every time he casts, heal yourself when needed, and stay out of fire. Killed him in one pull after I made the adjustment to my companion. If you're specced into healing, than using your pet as a tank is probably viable. If you didn't, try the way I did it. Should be fairly easy. Definitely doesn't need a nerf, though. BTW, I'm Operative speccing into Lethality.

Gray Star needs a big ol' nerf.... or mark it as a group quest... I can't be the only one who is having trouble with this guy as an operative...

I did this easily as a medic (i dont know if you are one). Use ccs and the bomb that explodes as your ofensive skills, and then just heal from out of his aoe interrupt skill. And be ready for a 3 minute long fight.

Gray Star needs a big ol' nerf.... or mark it as a group quest... I can't be the only one who is having trouble with this guy as an operative...

Went in, killed him the first time I got to fight him. I'm a medic though. Watching him toss Kaliyo backwards, only to have her flying jump forward immediately after was making me laugh pretty hard though.

As a medic specc'd operative I solo'd Graystar without a problem. Snuck into the room and let Caliyo tank him, healed her while keeping some light damage on Graystar.

For that matter I solo'd Firestar the same way. Sneak to boss and let kaliyo tank him while I keep her healed.

I can understand how a sniper would have a problem with this but an operative? C'mon.

Yeah Im a LVL 20 sniper and I am having some issues with Grey Star but none I can't overcome with a bit of learning. Also Having some issues with Val Argen. Hes a lvl 18 elite with 6490 HP. Same as Grey Star. No issue once I figure it all out. Kinda scared to see higher level elites!

Thanks for the tips they will help!

Gray Star definitely caused me some problems as well, I actually had to go and train my skills for the first time in about 8 levels before I could kill him!

What. How can you stand not having all those new abilities? Putting off rank-ups until later I can *maybe* understand.. but new skills entirely are priority #1.

What. How can you stand not having all those new abilities? Putting off rank-ups until later I can *maybe* understand.. but new skills entirely are priority #1.

I actually hadnt realised you could see what skills were available at the trainer by looking at the abilities window, so not having those new abilities was easy to deal with when I didnt know about them. :p

And anyway, I was too busy questing to bother finding a trainer, and was having no problems doing it so figured there was no reason to train up. Until I came up against Gray Star...

Died first time, b/c wasn't expecting it, successful on try #2.

Know how to use your available skills. Try this rotation:

ambush>dart>exp probe>adrenalie probe>Advance recon>ambush>snipe>overload>dart>exp probe>overload>debilitate>shiv>medpack>overload>overload

& distract whenever needed.

If still not dead, gain a level and come back.

With that said, shouldn't need someone to teach you how to play your class, at least not before you start whining.

Edited by hakkafusion

I died three times at level 19 against Gray Star and gave up. I was close to 20, so went out finished that sliver of xp and came back and it was a lot easier. I even bought an endurance stim just in case, but that was a waste.