Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

In higher demand: Jedi Guardian or Trooper Commando?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
In higher demand: Jedi Guardian or Trooper Commando?

Ursoppa
12.18.2011 , 01:12 PM | #1
I am currently playing as a level 13 Commando, with plans to spec for healing. What I have noticed is that there are a lot of commandos. This came as a surprise to me, I expected most people to be rolling Jedi's. I was wondering which one would be in higher demand, a Jedi Guardian for Tanking or a Trooper Commando for healing. I have had fun with both so it is not a matter of which one I enjoy more. I do not want to be stuck in the class that everyone else is playing as.

krekka
12.18.2011 , 01:21 PM | #2
healer is always a safe bet can never have to many healers

BleysCole
12.18.2011 , 01:23 PM | #3
I am no uber beta veteran but have done two weekends of heavy test and been playing the hell out of the game since the 13th and from what I have seen (and from other MMO experience), being a healer will be in higher demand. I have put together a few flashpoint teams and with the exception of the Esseles where no healer is needed, the delay in starting, if there is one, comes from trying to find a healer. There seem to be plenty of tanks and also semi tank beefy DPS characters so yeah, I would say healer would be in higher demand.

If someone who sounds super experienced would like to disagree, maybe listen to them. It also might be different at much higher levels (I have played up through low 30s).

Arkhias
12.18.2011 , 02:40 PM | #4
Yea, just anecdotally, it seems to be healers are in shorter supply (at least in the earlier levels).

That may change when people aren't leveling though. Traditionally, tanks have by far been in the shortest supply, but this game seems to have done a good job making them pretty fun to play.