Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are you guys enjoying Character Transfers?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Are you guys enjoying Character Transfers?

Anysao
06.12.2012 , 08:52 AM | #1
Sadly, my server hasn't been chosen for transfers yet, and I pray it'll take me to the Ebon Hawk Server....

Anyways! I read the update and everything, but I just want to know if everything is moving smoothly since you moved?

Thanks! Just curious!
Ooh! In WildStar, I get double jumps, path choices, and massive PvP!That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?

I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.

Gorlim
06.12.2012 , 09:37 AM | #2
Took only a few minutes (less than 15min) to move all characters to new server... so far so good.. but then again, it was early and most people probably have not get themselves ready for the move. Going to be a mass exodus from the origin servers throughout the day and tonight.

Night-Shadow
06.12.2012 , 10:14 AM | #3
I would have to say no, not really, this will pretty much kill my guild as we don't have enough active members specifically BECAUSE of the population issues on our server. Getting these people to resub just to transfer characters is not going to be a reality, so I'm SOL. I either stay on a dead server and go down with the ship, or I transfer and abandon everything.

Quote:
For guild members and masters, you will not be able to transfer your guild as a whole to your new server; instead you will need to reform it.
Spoiler

- Sith Assassin/BH Merc/Sith Juggernaut/Imp Sniper
- Jedi Shadow/Jedi Sentinal/Rep Commando/Smuggler Scoundrel

Scatmanjj
06.12.2012 , 10:19 AM | #4
I am happy the transfer are here now but what I am not happy about is the chance of me getting my Bounty hunter which is on The Exile's Crystal (PVP) to Frostclaw (PvE) so I guess I am going to have to wait for the paid transfer if there is going to be one.
To be Honest I would expected them to allow us to move are characters to a realm which would like but I guess I was hoping for too much.

Samcuu
06.12.2012 , 10:30 AM | #5
Lol so many whiners about the destination servers. Why does it matter? If you get transfered to a serverthat ensures a strong population why should it matter? Let's be honest if bioware gave everyone an option people would probbly spread out and we would have the same problem on our hands. Herd everyone into 5 huge servers for pve and pvp and it will solve the issues. Bioware is doing a good job with this imo.

scrows
06.12.2012 , 10:38 AM | #6
I wish! Still stuck on Sith Meditation Sphere. And it is a ghost town. Can't play this game when there is now one to play with.

Locksley
06.12.2012 , 10:46 AM | #7
Well I have my original chars on vulkar Highway but that server shagged the dog so we made new ones on The Red Eclipse and now in the wisdom of the powers that be I cant unite all 6 of my chars on the active server. Very odd indeed.
You will learn your place young one

Delerium (sage), Sophi'e (sorc).Deucalion (guardian), D'ale (Jug).

Atanasov
06.12.2012 , 10:50 AM | #8
Sever transfers ***** my mother, and murdered my father.
~COLLECTORS EDITION VIP~
(Just Kidding I'm not THAT stupid)

Sammm
06.12.2012 , 01:53 PM | #9
Much more than expected. I wasn't sure that Bioware would allow transfers to Jedi Covenant during the free transfers phase. In my previous posts, I wrote that it could be possible because of some of the things the company said in the last weeks.

Anyway, I was so glad to see new players arriving from Keller's Void. I talked to some of them on both factions and they were glad too. They couldn't believe that there were 100+ players on each fleet at 1pm EDT hehe. The PvPers were especially happy because they only had to wait seconds before joining a PvP session.

I'm looking forward to see more Keller's Void players this evening and in the upcoming days.

onursengul
06.12.2012 , 02:07 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by scrows View Post
I wish! Still stuck on Sith Meditation Sphere. And it is a ghost town. Can't play this game when there is now one to play with.
I am stuck at Silius Shipyards too with 3-4 players per planet

But list is very new, i am sure it will include our servers too, i will keep checking.