Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is this a cruel joke? - Character Transfers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Is this a cruel joke? - Character Transfers

Droggar
06.12.2012 , 09:35 AM | #71
yes it is , dxun battle circle have like 100 active player in weekends , so i was waiting to get to PLAY after transfer, but Bioware desided other way.Im leaving the sinking ship

Iggster
06.12.2012 , 09:46 AM | #72
Fair enough they didn't want to offer the transfers to all servers that need it incase there are problems. I can accept that.

But it would be nice to have a list or something.. Surely Bioware knows which servers are dead and which are not and can put it on display with an estimation of when each server will be eligible for transfers.

I can't say i'm too happy that I was looking forward to the transfers after being on a server where currently there are 20 people online (about 4 are level 50) and 2 (including me) in the fleet.

rymah
06.12.2012 , 09:46 AM | #73
There are many frustrated players who feel the same way about waiting for server transfers, myself among them, but blindly expecting BW to open this service up in an uncontrolled fashion when they want to make sure it works just reeks of entitlement and sour grapes because they weren't chosen first. This isn't ordering a pizza, you don't get it in 30 minutes...just give them time to manage the transfers and verify that it works before condemning them for something they have every right to do: Make sure they do it right. The lists will be updated and expanded, and eventually every player who wants to know what will be done to fix the population issues for their server will have the answer they are wanting.
Minister of Propaganda, Deadly Shenanigans
Drooga's Pleasure Barge / Lord Praven / Squadron 238
The Shadowedsoul Legacy
~ immortalis imperator veneremur ~

JediKalel
06.12.2012 , 09:47 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Iggster View Post
Fair enough they didn't want to offer the transfers to all servers that need it incase there are problems. I can accept that.

But it would be nice to have a list or something.. Surely Bioware knows which servers are dead and which are not and can put it on display with an estimation of when each server will be eligible for transfers.

I can't say i'm too happy that I was looking forward to the transfers after being on a server where currently there are 20 people online (about 4 are level 50) and 2 (including me) in the fleet.
Try one that cant even hit double digits like The Razor.... you're lucky if that one hits 10 people

xandax
06.12.2012 , 09:54 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by GenocideVII View Post
Nowhere in their post does it say "more later today". It actually states to check back in "the coming days".
And anybody left from the development phase knows just how long time 'days' can cover in Bioware-speak.

Interesting to see how many peoples subscriptions will run out while waiting for their server to come onto that list.
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent.

JediKalel
06.12.2012 , 09:58 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by xandax View Post
And anybody left from the development phase knows just how long time 'days' can cover in Bioware-speak.

Interesting to see how many peoples subscriptions will run out while waiting for their server to come onto that list.
Yep just like how I have been enjoying those rated WZ's that they said we would get in 1.2

Iggster
06.12.2012 , 10:03 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptFalc View Post
What's worse BioWare's customer service or Mass Effect 3's ending? I jus don't know lul
Definately the ending for Mass Effect 3 by far in my opinion, but anyway.. Back on topic.

I don't know anything about the technology the servers/tranfers use, but couldn't Bioware have put up two test servers and tested transfered between both of them for a bit before making it live?

MightyFalcon
06.12.2012 , 10:04 AM | #78
Wow, people in this thread make me face palm.

Seriously, they announced they were going to only be transferring select servers before. I don't understand how this is a surprise to anyone. They are only doing 10 servers right now so they don't have to process as many transfers at once. It will make everything much smoother in the long run. It's just a smart thing to do.

Be patient. Your transfer will come soon enough. You should be grateful that soon you will be off your dead server. Bioware did not fail. Bioware is not conducting a cruel joke. Bioware is not ruining your life as much as you think they are. Use common sense people.
The force will be with you, always. <3

Iggster
06.12.2012 , 10:12 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by MightyFalcon View Post
Wow, people in this thread make me face palm.

Seriously, they announced they were going to only be transferring select servers before. I don't understand how this is a surprise to anyone. They are only doing 10 servers right now so they don't have to process as many transfers at once. It will make everything much smoother in the long run. It's just a smart thing to do.

Be patient. Your transfer will come soon enough. You should be grateful that soon you will be off your dead server. Bioware did not fail. Bioware is not conducting a cruel joke. Bioware is not ruining your life as much as you think they are. Use common sense people.
I understand the logic behind it, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with it. I pay my 8.99 just like everyone else so why should I be potentially last in the queue?

Sometimes patience isn't enough to get by. There are some really lousy severs out there from what I have read, and I can't imagine how mind numbing it must be to be one of five level 50's on a server.

Bioware isn't ruining any lives here, I don't think anyone would say otherwise, but they are ruining people's enjoyment, enjoyment that they are paying a monthly fee for.

Zbus
06.12.2012 , 10:18 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Cronoslol View Post
So let me get this straight.... you'd rather them be reckless and possibly end up costing you MORE money and time? You can't be patient for a week or a few days? It's all about "I wan it now, now, now" am I right? Seriously if you want everything easy and immediate, go play WoW. I have my issues with the game like everyone else but I also understand the caution given their past mistakes. And I also understand it's a new game and them being new to the MMO genre. I'm a Vanilla WoW player and if you think there wasn't a bunch of faults with that game way back then, think again. I don't know if you personally played back then or not but I'm just using it as an example. I get it just fine but maybe people should be happy they're trying to make sure the system works first before screwing over the entire community if it doesn't work. Because if it isn't working right now and you end up in limbo, as I stated above, your so called wasted time and money will grow exponentially and then you'll be here QQing about their incompetence, etc... etc... etc... Have some patience FFS.
No he does have a point and its not that he took a day off of work, had they done 20 or 30 servers I might say ok dont list them for pulic viewing prior to the move but 4 US servers come on now thats just bad PR. Heck i think most people would have said ok cool, if BW had come out and said june 12th we will be doing transfers on these 4 US servers for testing to iron out any bugs in the process but we expect full operation of the transfer system by X date barring any glitches in the system. But they did not and i can understand why alot of players find 4 servers pretty underwhelming. They expected a reasonable number of transfers today given the info BW provided about stages considering the 120 servers 1/4 of that total would not be over the top as reasonable. But 4 really and you couldnt list them?