Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is this a cruel joke? - Character Transfers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Is this a cruel joke? - Character Transfers

CaptFalc
06.12.2012 , 06:51 AM | #21
I could really do with a hug right now, ahaa

Sauska
06.12.2012 , 06:54 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Cognortin View Post
well my complaint, why would you transfer people to an already super heavy server ie fatman? it's not even april first and they pulling jokes. So this leads me to believe the server my mains are on will be forced to fatman as well. I will not pay to sit in a queue to even play. Good luck with that CRAP.
I'm guessing they're raising the overall server capacities. And it does make sense they will fill up the most heavily populated servers first (Tomb of Freedon Nadd is also a destination for the first transfers), because they can drop them from the list of servers to populate then.
The Borealis Legacy

Sauska
06.12.2012 , 06:54 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptFalc View Post
I could really do with a hug right now, ahaa
/bighug

There
The Borealis Legacy

Cognortin
06.12.2012 , 06:56 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Sauska View Post
I'm guessing they're raising the overall server capacities. And it does make sense they will fill up the most heavily populated servers first (Tomb of Freedon Nadd is also a destination for the first transfers), because they can drop them from the list of servers to populate then.

Than why haven't they done it.. Sitting in a queue to play a pay per month game is an ideal fix? I think not. Fatman has had queue times forever.

Sauska
06.12.2012 , 06:58 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Cognortin View Post
Than why haven't they done it.. Sitting in a queue to play a pay per month game is an ideal fix? I think not. Fatman has had queue times forever.
Another speculation, but BW might take into account the fact that rerollers on Fatman who's original servers have become an origin/destination server may go back to play their original chars, and the population on Fatmay may drop because of that. Like I said, just speculating here And the raise in server capacity might only now, with the character transfers kicking in, be implemented...
The Borealis Legacy

Angorak
06.12.2012 , 07:00 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Syanidal View Post
BioWare failed yet again..
The failure is in people not showing patience and instead flying off the handle and throwing tanturms like a bunch of 5yr olds who didn't get that toy when Mom went shopping...sheesh

Malik_The_Hated
06.12.2012 , 07:01 AM | #27
The population on fatman is already what the player base of the game is - its like 80% of the American pvp community as far as east coast goes - they have ALREADY rolled onto fatman to play now they are just bringing their other toons over to stay

The queues are only at prime time at night and take like 5 minutes if that...and im sure the cap will be raised as they stated they could

Cronoslol
06.12.2012 , 07:03 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by icegreentea View Post
What the hell Bioware. Why couldn't they give us the name of the servers that were going to be able to transfer first? I took a day off work thinking I was going to be able to transfer. How hard could it be to simply list the 4 freaking NA servers that were going to get transfers a week in advance. Seriously, there better be more severs allowed to transfer before the day is up.
I'm starting with you because you "took a day off work" hoping you could transfer a character on a game. Seriously? The transfer would have been there when you got off work lol.

This one is for everyone... hypothetical for you here. Say BioWare allows every server to transfer to and from. Then suddenly amidst all these transfers there's a nice big bug in the system. Uh oh... you can't play. Your characters are in limbo. You have absolutely no control over it and you can't play the game. Then what? You'd all be QQing about how BioWare couldn't predict that a bug would screw up the game for you today and for god knows how long in the future.

Its better to err on the side of caution people. This is just the beginning. More servers will eventually be open for transfer from and to. I, for one, would rather they get it right the first time and make sure there are absolutely no bugs in the system than get it completely wrong and bug out the entire game. So in the coming days if there does end up being something buggy my ten bucks is on every QQer in this thread, QQing about how they messed up on the transfers rather than not having somewhere to transfer to.

Count your blessings if that ends up being the case because you won't have ended up one of the statistics of unhappy people unable to play the game at all. Seriously SWTOR players QQ more than any MMO players I've ever seen. So chill out, be patient and honestly... hope they got it right the first time. Lord knows all you guys need is another reason to QQ.

CaptFalc
06.12.2012 , 07:10 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Cronoslol View Post
I'm starting with you because you "took a day off work" hoping you could transfer a character on a game. Seriously? The transfer would have been there when you got off work lol.

This one is for everyone... hypothetical for you here. Say BioWare allows every server to transfer to and from. Then suddenly amidst all these transfers there's a nice big bug in the system. Uh oh... you can't play. Your characters are in limbo. You have absolutely no control over it and you can't play the game. Then what? You'd all be QQing about how BioWare couldn't predict that a bug would screw up the game for you today and for god knows how long in the future.

Its better to err on the side of caution people. This is just the beginning. More servers will eventually be open for transfer from and to. I, for one, would rather they get it right the first time and make sure there are absolutely no bugs in the system than get it completely wrong and bug out the entire game. So in the coming days if there does end up being something buggy my ten bucks is on every QQer in this thread, QQing about how they messed up on the transfers rather than not having somewhere to transfer to.

Count your blessings if that ends up being the case because you won't have ended up one of the statistics of unhappy people unable to play the game at all. Seriously SWTOR players QQ more than any MMO players I've ever seen. So chill out, be patient and honestly... hope they got it right the first time. Lord knows all you guys need is another reason to QQ.
You don't get it, it's about the amount of time and money we've all wasted waiting on these transfers. The product is faulty, it does not offer what it claims to. No excuses, the way in which they have handled this is abysmal. From customer satisfaction to informing the community.

Cronoslol
06.12.2012 , 07:17 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptFalc View Post
You don't get it, it's about the amount of time and money we've all wasted waiting on these transfers. The product is faulty, it does not offer what it claims to. No excuses, the way in which they have handled this is abysmal. From customer satisfaction to informing the community.
So let me get this straight.... you'd rather them be reckless and possibly end up costing you MORE money and time? You can't be patient for a week or a few days? It's all about "I wan it now, now, now" am I right? Seriously if you want everything easy and immediate, go play WoW. I have my issues with the game like everyone else but I also understand the caution given their past mistakes. And I also understand it's a new game and them being new to the MMO genre. I'm a Vanilla WoW player and if you think there wasn't a bunch of faults with that game way back then, think again. I don't know if you personally played back then or not but I'm just using it as an example. I get it just fine but maybe people should be happy they're trying to make sure the system works first before screwing over the entire community if it doesn't work. Because if it isn't working right now and you end up in limbo, as I stated above, your so called wasted time and money will grow exponentially and then you'll be here QQing about their incompetence, etc... etc... etc... Have some patience FFS.