Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Current Transfer Servers

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

InnerPieces
06.12.2012 , 06:30 AM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
I also wanted to point out that this process was outlined in our community blog last week and in our main transfer thread here. Specifically:

This process will be gradual and staged over time. Despite huge improvements being made to the Character Transfer Service by our server team, there are millions of characters to be moved and there is a limit to how many can be moved daily. We want your character to be transferred as quickly as possible, but we will need you to be patient as the process completes.
You know, very well, there are no actual details in there. It would have made sense to at least post the tiny server list when the servers went down so people could know exactly what to expect as soon as possible. We know you read the forums. You know what expectations were. A simple post with some details would have made this a much smoother process. Information. Details. From you. That is what we need. We need it beforehand so we know what to expect.

Thank you.
Quote:
"..Rise of the Hutt Cartel continues your character's story....No class specific storylines, though I know you guys are going to love what RotHC has to offer."
Funny. I thought the implementation of the Cartel Store was the Rise of the Hutt Cartel. And no, I do not like what that story has to offer. I keep getting screwed in it.

Tugimus
06.12.2012 , 06:30 AM | #142
Twitter

The Old Republic ‏@SWTOR
@Guiltysparks The initial phase of transfers will keep the server type the same (PvE-PvE, PvP-PvP, etc.). ^MD

Some people might be interested in this.
FORCEPLAY
Death Wind Corridor/

amnie
06.12.2012 , 06:30 AM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by Tiaa View Post
GOOD IDEA.

FILL THE SERVERS WITH 200+ PLAYERS TO THE BRIM!

The servers that are already on heavy status need to be Full first so people have long ques!

MAKES PERFECT SENSE!

Fanboys everybody!
actually, it absolutely is.

no server is 'full to the brim'. not even the fatman.

Druc
06.12.2012 , 06:30 AM | #144
I also wanted to point out that this process was outlined in our community blog last week and in our main transfer thread here. Specifically:

This process will be gradual and staged over time. Despite huge improvements being made to the Character Transfer Service by our server team, there are millions of characters to be moved and there is a limit to how many can be moved daily. We want your character to be transferred as quickly as possible, but we will need you to be patient as the process completes.
True, but you didn't set expectations. Setting expectations is a huge part of project management and you failed. You should have said you'll start out with X and add N every 4 hours as needed.
Bioware's Mission Statement: "BioWare's vision is to deliver the best story-driven games in the world."

SirLimbo
06.12.2012 , 06:30 AM | #145
Honestly I think the biggest upset and cause for confusion/anger is that it's only 10 servers out of the 214 that were opened for initial transfers.

Whilst a lot of people knew it would be gradual, when it was realised that the initial transfer would only be such a small selection (not even 5%) of the current server amounts.. people freaked, as can be seen by all the posts. Honestly I was assuming there would have been at least 20 servers eligible for transfers both EU and US side...

peterjohndevries
06.12.2012 , 06:30 AM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by AstralProjection View Post
It's amazing how many folks are willing to blame BioWare for their own inability to read. Nobody should've assumed their server was transferring today based on all the info they posted.

The process was beginning today, not completing today, not available to everyone today. Stop and take a deep breath.
all they needed to do was
1) put the yellow comments in this thread on the FAQ/txfer board that says it will 'not be weeks or months' but they are monitoring performance. THAT is what people want to read ON the transfer board
2) Put the origin/destination list in full on the transfer board. Why did they not do that and you only see this if you click on txfer from your account?

It is about appropriate and precise level of communication...I'm happy they have started this but it just seems that no-one in BW is anticipating what people NEED to read in one place to avoid all these postings

Jhayden
06.12.2012 , 06:31 AM | #147

No disrespect Jonathan, but again this is you being out of touch with your community. The Weekly Q&a is filled with information about the game all over... This is not the place to put Critical information about something so important to most players that are still playing the game. This deserved its on thread stickied on the top of the general Discussion

Wrrath
06.12.2012 , 06:31 AM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by bigheadbrandon View Post
but they did though
unless you read "gradual process" and think "EVERYONE IS TRANSFERRED ON DAY ONE"
The problem being that people see that gradual process and assume since they are on a low pop server that is dead they will be part of the initial gradual process. Vague communication is not communication because people like all the people raging can read what they want into it. You want to avoid something like this you need to give specific information rather then something that can be read into by the masses.

Sporkeh
06.12.2012 , 06:31 AM | #149
I'd hate to see all the people here if they had allowed 100 servers to transfer in one day...only to lose every character. I only read these forums as to pass time when I cant play , cause seriously , some of you lot are comic genius'.

I'm actually amazed some of you managed to install this game let alone make a character. Why on earth would they allow you to freely transfer between all the servers? it just defies the point of what this is trying to achieve. As someone previously mentioned , dead servers will merge in to the heavy ones until the server cant handle any more. They will use the coming days to stress test the load , and then...wait for it....choose the next server to be filled up. Its not rocket science. Eventually everyone will be moved to servers which have a constant standard/heavy pop and isnt that what you want? Not to log on to the fleet and find 6 guys?. I , along with the rest of the sane people in this thread are delighted they are making an effort to do this , and also in a sensible fashion. Allowing everyone to move on day 1 would either overload a server or spread the population thinner, which is not what anyone wants

Solitarynight
06.12.2012 , 06:31 AM | #150
Quote: Originally Posted by Ewok-Scout View Post
When they said gradual, we assumed 30 servers at a time, or so... Not 6... They should (and quite easily could have) specified how many, and when.
If u didn't get a number u should assume a high one.... that's your's and everyone elses fault who did.... BLAME BW MOAR -.-
Solitary in the darkness of Night
CE VIP