Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Augments Post 1.3: Supply vs. Demand

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Augments Post 1.3: Supply vs. Demand

Anakis
06.11.2012 , 04:03 PM | #1
Just curious if crafters will be able to keep up with the demand for artifact-quality L49 augments after 1.3? All of the end gamers will want to pimp themselves out with them, and I hear they can have a total of 14 augmentable items equipped at a time. Also, some people have more than one L50 toon they will want to outfit. This means MASSIVE demand.

In addition to some easily acquired resources, it takes 4 of the purple artifact-quality slicing resource that you get from criting on the high end slicing missions to make each of the augments. 4 units x 14 augments = 56 purple resources to outfit ONE character.

Each slicing mission takes about an hour to do. You should crit about 15% of the time with full affection. When you do, you receive 2-3 of the purple slicing resource, depending on of it's an "Abundant" or "Moderate" yielding mission.

Let's do some math here. Sorry if my numbers are roughly estimated or just plain off, feel free to correct me!

Time per mission: 1 hour
Crit Chance: 15%
Yield per crit: 3 units
Units needed: 56
Critical missions needed: 19
Missions to run to get 19 crits: 129
Crew member time to get enough purples to outfit one character with 14 L49 artifact augments: 129 hours

So it seems we will have a small supply to meet that MASSIVE demand I mentioned earlier. Prototype/Blue L49 augments will be dirt cheap because you get those from all the missions you don't crit on.

I guess my point is that L49 artifact augments look to be expensive for the consumer and highly profitable for the crafter. I'm trying to stockpile the purple resource as much as I can before 1.3 comes out.

Despite a sizable contribution of time and credits, at this point I only have enough purple resource to make 19 augments. That doesn't even outfit 2 characters! I will probably be selling to my guild first. The GTN may never see any of them and I bet other crafters are going to do the same thing.

Be prepared to write a very large cheque for these if you aren't going to make them yourself.

GnatB
06.11.2012 , 05:10 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Anakis View Post
Each slicing mission takes about an hour to do. You should crit about 15% of the time with full affection. When you do, you receive 2-3 of the purple slicing resource, depending on of it's an "Abundant" or "Moderate" yielding mission.
20%, plus some if you have a crit bonus (and many companions have +1 or +2 slice crit. (IIRC, they're yellow or green missions @ 400 skill, and that gives a base 15% crit. (orange would be base 10%)) + 5% for max affection = 20%

And, fwiw, I suspect a lot of the demand has already been filled.

Kourage
06.11.2012 , 10:54 PM | #3
Augments are sooo expensive and the selection is so poor. At least that's what I've found while leveling.
Looking for a good woman. Able to clean, cook, sew, catch bait, and clean fish. Must have boat and motor.
((Please send picture of boat and motor))

STARWOLFSWE
06.12.2012 , 08:23 AM | #4
I can make this and think the variation is quite ok.

Synthweaving:
Advanced Might Augment 22 +18 Strength +12 Endurance
Advanced Alacrity Augment 22 +12 Endurance +18 Alacrity Rating
Advanced Command Augment 22 +12 Endurance +18 Presence
Advanced Redoubt Augment 22 +12 Power +18 Defense Rating
Advanced Resolve Augment 22 +12 Endurance +18 Willpower

Armormech:
Advanced Absorb Augment 22 +12 Power +18 Absorption Rating
Advanced Reflex Augment 22 +18 Aim +12 Endurance
Advanced Shield Augment 22 +18 Glance Rating +12 Power
Advanced Skill Augment 22 +18 Cunning +12 Endurance

Armstech:
Advanced Accuracy Augment 22 +12 Endurance +18 Accuracy Rating
Advanced Critical Augment 22 +12 Endurance +18 Critical Rating
Advanced Fortitude Augment 22 +18 Endurance +12 Power
Advanced Overkill Augment 22 +12 Endurance +18 Power
Advanced Surge Augment 22 +12 Endurance +18 Surge Rating

asbalana
06.12.2012 , 08:57 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by GnatB View Post
20%, plus some if you have a crit bonus (and many companions have +1 or +2 slice crit. (IIRC, they're yellow or green missions @ 400 skill, and that gives a base 15% crit. (orange would be base 10%)) + 5% for max affection = 20%

And, fwiw, I suspect a lot of the demand has already been filled.
I am not sure that I agree and am running slicing missions until my companions cry in protest. I am with the OP on this and think that with 1.3 the demand for augments will be hugh and the supply bottlenecked by the augmentors so the price can be great.

I have put an augment slot in every possible piece of gear for me and wife and filled them, but there are a few pieces (like relics and Rakata belt and wrist and focus) that if I understand correctly will be able to have a slot added using a kit. We have these pieces now with no slots so that will be our first order of business after 1.3. I think that there will be a lot of people in that situation (actually just about everyone) and that even at this time the demand is not close to being filled. The fact that high level augments go for 60K and above and augmentors for at least 15K each on my servers GTN (when they can be found) implies to me that the demand is still there. A rare mat (or piece} would not command a high price no matter how dear they were if they were not in demand and could not be sold. LOL, if I could not craft every type of augment known to man and the swtor universe, I think that I would be buying them now in anticipation of 1.3 which, in my mind, will make the price of augments skyrocket above the high prices now. That is if you can find augments at all to buy for a while after 1.3.

GnatB
06.12.2012 , 01:13 PM | #6
First, If augmentors already have a sale price, then I'd assume you're on test? Not sure how valid economic comparisonss there are.

Second, sales for augmented equipment on my server have tapered off. Which means 1 of two things.
Either:
1. People are far more informed of coming soon features than any game I've played before and are putting off buying them. (though for most parts, the "going price" is probably cheaper than the price of the augmentor will be)
2. Market for augmented equipment is nearing saturation.

If the latter is true, that would sort of indicate that the market for augments is probably fairly saturated as well, (especially as sales there seem to be lower than sales of augmented equipment)

That being said, I'm not saying ALL the demand is filled, I also expect prices to go up, (at least short term... server transfers probably will be causing a boost too), just saying some of the demand has been filled, so it won't be a full 14 artifacts augments per person.

Anakis
06.12.2012 , 03:53 PM | #7
I agree that some players already have augmented orange armour and weapons. But with additional items being augmentable (1 earpiece, 2 relics, 2 implants, 1 offhand), they will need more.

In addition, the ease of adding augment slots to any equipable item means that more people will want augments, people who previously didn't go through the trouble of finding that good-looking orange gear with augment slot on it. Also, as per the Devs, new content is going to expect you to be augmented out the ying yang. They will be a must have.

On The Harbinger server, I looked at L49 artifact augment prices a couple weeks ago and they were about 60k on average. At my last check a couple days ago, they are selling for about 90k on average. Could be a sign that demand is ramping up in anticipation of 1.3...

Once those shiny new augment kits become available, and they will be cheap and plentiful... people are going to want good augments to put in there! And with how tough they are to mass produce... they are going to be pricey!

Dinec
06.13.2012 , 12:24 AM | #8
So can you crit on the augments them self to make 2 of them? I know the blue and green ones can from when i was grinding out the purple ones. I'm just curious so I can max out my augment making abilities for my guild. If not then i don't need to max my affection on my inquisitor since all hell be doing is making augments through synthweaving.

Anakis
06.13.2012 , 09:20 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Dinec View Post
So can you crit on the augments them self to make 2 of them?

I think so, but I have not crit on a purple augment yet to confirm. I've only actually made one, because I'm just stockpiling the resources. I might wait until 1.3 hits to get those legacy crafting bonuses before I make the augments, in the hopes I will crit and get two!

nelander
06.13.2012 , 09:52 AM | #10
There will be an initial demand spike once 1.3 hits as people will have more augment slots than they have now, after that it will once more balance to what is now (maybe slightly higher but I doubt by much).