Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ToneMarley
06.12.2012 , 01:44 PM | #521
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
Hopefully they planned on doing this for the entire day, but since primetime is upon NA, I think we have seen what we are going to see today. Maybe one more "wave"....
at that rate its going to take longer than a week I imagine

Some updates and logistical info shared by the dev team or mods would be helpful though I dont imagine it will be forthcoming

Eanelinea
06.12.2012 , 01:44 PM | #522
Quote: Originally Posted by kscholz View Post
Eagerly awaiting the addition of The Razor to the transfer list.

( ^^ it's "refrain" btw)
No, not transfer, but destination. I don't want to move! D=
55 Marauder, 55 Sniper, 55 Merc, 55 Shadow (d), 55 Jugg (d), 55 Jugg (t), 55 Operative x 2, 55 Gunslinger, 55 Scoundrel, 55 Guardian (d), 55 Sin (d), 55 Powertech, 55 Commando, 55 Sorc, 55 Sage, 55 Sentinel, 55 Vanguard, 55 Shadow (t), 55 Gunslinger (male), 55 Guardian (t), 55 Sin (t) on Shadowlands

G_Vega
06.12.2012 , 01:44 PM | #523
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
At the moment that isn't the point of any of this, the point is to get the populations much higher and consolidate us all, THEN I suspect they'll be giving out the info about less limited transfers.
That may be. However, it still does not help the people that do not want to go to the most populated servers and sit in queues. Do those people now suck it up and play alone until forced to move? No, I suspect that those people will quit instead of wait for "soon". I thought the ultimate point of this was to retain subscribers. By giving people no choice in some cases, and giving others a head start in other cases, it will serve to alienate a portion of the dwindling played base.

All I'm saying is that Bioware needs to stop making decisions for us and let US choose where to go. They did it with Pre Order guilds, now they are doing it with transfers. Not everyone applauds when choice is taken away.
50 Marauder, Sentinel, Vanguard, Mercenary, Juggernaut

It's a long way back to Grandville, but these wonderful devs keep updating my GPS...

Aethyrprime
06.12.2012 , 01:45 PM | #524
Will those of us who are American who ended up on a Euro server with the rest of our guild ever be able to transfer our Euro characters/legacy over to a US server? Hope of this is about the only thing that keeps my sub going. Everyone left the Euro server. I want to play on the US server now for better ping but I have a full account of characters some at war hero level so just starting over is not an option. I'd rather cancel my account and find something different to play than start over.

MrSIlverSurfing
06.12.2012 , 01:46 PM | #525
Quote: Originally Posted by ToneMarley View Post
at that rate its going to take longer than a week I imagine

Some updates and logistical info shared by the dev team or mods would be helpful though I dont imagine it will be forthcoming
Yeah if you look at 8 per day for NA and you are moving them to the top 20 server that will take over 2 weeks at this pace.

MrSIlverSurfing
06.12.2012 , 01:46 PM | #526
I am perplexed why they didn't move the lowest population servers first? I'm trying to be somewhat patient, but I have been on a dead server for months. 20 on fleet in the best of days isn't fun for a pvper. We have been having 40-50 people in the game during prime time. Welcome to Thendy's Noori. Every single match we play the same pvp group. This has been going on for weeks now.

EATtheDEAD
06.12.2012 , 01:47 PM | #527
Quote: Originally Posted by Aethyrprime View Post
Will those of us who are American who ended up on a Euro server with the rest of our guild ever be able to transfer our Euro characters/legacy over to a US server? Hope of this is about the only thing that keeps my sub going. Everyone left the Euro server. I want to play on the US server now for better ping but I have a full account of characters some at war hero level so just starting over is not an option. I'd rather cancel my account and find something different to play than start over.
you are totally ****ed
THERE WON'T BE A HEART LEFT BEATING!
-Sith Warrior's only phrase

LogunOne
06.12.2012 , 01:48 PM | #528
Quote: Originally Posted by G_Vega View Post
That may be. However, it still does not help the people that do not want to go to the most populated servers and sit in queues. Do those people now suck it up and play alone until forced to move? No, I suspect that those people will quit instead of wait for "soon". I thought the ultimate point of this was to retain subscribers. By giving people no choice in some cases, and giving others a head start in other cases, it will serve to alienate a portion of the dwindling played base.

All I'm saying is that Bioware needs to stop making decisions for us and let US choose where to go. They did it with Pre Order guilds, now they are doing it with transfers. Not everyone applauds when choice is taken away.
It’s not like this is a real free character transfer, it’s just a server merger masquerading as a character transfer.

You got no real choice in the matter if you’re on server “A” you get to move to server “B” ….big woop ….thats a server merger …making us ring a bell first and say “ding…ding…ding” please move me does not make this anything else but a server merge.

Kabaal
06.12.2012 , 01:48 PM | #529
Quote: Originally Posted by Aethyrprime View Post
It's only EU > EU and US > US atm. I doubt that's going to change until paid transfers, if even then.
Kabaal 50 Juggernaut | Scotsmania 50 Vanguard | Hurricane 50 Sorcerer
Furian 50 Sentinel | Furían 50 Commando
Scotsmania 50 Shadow

Helistin
06.12.2012 , 01:49 PM | #530
Quote: Originally Posted by MrSIlverSurfing View Post
I am perplexed why they didn't move the lowest population servers first?
Most likely because people on those servers are already used to getting the shortest straw so few more won't make a difference.
Immortal Juggernaut Med Operative Rage Marauder Marksman Sniper