Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MadBlue's Avatar


MadBlue
07.01.2012 , 07:07 PM | #5101
Quote: Originally Posted by danpen View Post
Thank you for your wonderful help MadBlue.
You're welcome, danpen. BTW, don't be too discouraged if you find you have to change any character names - a lot of us had to deal with that.

Shadow-Demon's Avatar


Shadow-Demon
07.02.2012 , 10:37 PM | #5102
Hey curious, I'm on Helm Of Garash and there is like no one around cept me and my friend, I want to do the character transfer to the Heavy one I have the option to but I'm unsure will I be able to transfer ALL my characters there?, I know u can only do it like once every 72 hours or something, but could i still transfer them all after waiting 72 hours for each?

ScarletBlaze's Avatar


ScarletBlaze
07.02.2012 , 10:42 PM | #5103
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadow-Demon View Post
Hey curious, I'm on Helm Of Garash and there is like no one around cept me and my friend, I want to do the character transfer to the Heavy one I have the option to but I'm unsure will I be able to transfer ALL my characters there?, I know u can only do it like once every 72 hours or something, but could i still transfer them all after waiting 72 hours for each?
Friend of mine was able to transfer both of hers from Kaas City to Canderous Ordo in about 20 minutes. She did suggest that before you transfer all of them you log them in one at a time after they are transferred them one at a time and check to see if you need to rename them. There has been a bug that when you go to name one it goes to another character so she said if you do this you have a better chance of making sure if you have to rename them it renames the right name to the right character.

And as long as you have room you can transfer them all their provided they are all on the same server.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vLlZlR

Octagonn's Avatar


Octagonn
07.03.2012 , 10:18 AM | #5104
Don't know if this has been said already but if the server is full when you try to transfer, you have to pick a time when the population is low. I got the full server message. I tried again later when everyone was not on and was able to transfer my remaining characters.
"A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving."

Kahrie's Avatar


Kahrie
07.03.2012 , 12:12 PM | #5105
Will we ever be able to *pick* the server we get to transfer to??
Yes, I know it was my choice and maybe i shouldnt complain, but when Port Nowhere was showing no signs of getting more populated, I jumped ship, leaving my level 50 and 47 to sit while i waited for the transfer service to come up.. Little did i know, I wouldnt be able to xfer said characters to The Fatman, which is the server I went to. I have too many chars and a great guild on the fatman to want to move over to the Prophecy of Five, and I really don't want to re-roll the chars I already have.

Am I doomed?

danpen's Avatar


danpen
07.03.2012 , 12:57 PM | #5106
Quote: Originally Posted by Kahrie View Post
Will we ever be able to *pick* the server we get to transfer to??
Yes, I know it was my choice and maybe i shouldnt complain, but when Port Nowhere was showing no signs of getting more populated, I jumped ship, leaving my level 50 and 47 to sit while i waited for the transfer service to come up.. Little did i know, I wouldnt be able to xfer said characters to The Fatman, which is the server I went to. I have too many chars and a great guild on the fatman to want to move over to the Prophecy of Five, and I really don't want to re-roll the chars I already have.

Am I doomed?
I do not think that will work. Ok sorry.
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.

MadBlue's Avatar


MadBlue
07.03.2012 , 05:03 PM | #5107
Quote: Originally Posted by Kahrie View Post
Will we ever be able to *pick* the server we get to transfer to??
Yes, I know it was my choice and maybe i shouldnt complain, but when Port Nowhere was showing no signs of getting more populated, I jumped ship, leaving my level 50 and 47 to sit while i waited for the transfer service to come up.. Little did i know, I wouldnt be able to xfer said characters to The Fatman, which is the server I went to. I have too many chars and a great guild on the fatman to want to move over to the Prophecy of Five, and I really don't want to re-roll the chars I already have.

Am I doomed?
From the Character Transfer Service FAQ.

I have characters on an origin server eligible for outgoing transfers, but my main character is on a server that cannot be selected as a destination server in the character transfer page. What can I do?

At this time, as part of the initial Character Transfer Service, you will only be able to transfer characters between selected servers. Future versions of the Character Transfer Service may allow more options in your choice of destination servers and may require a transfer fee; this may allow characters to be transferred where you wish
.

I hope BW rolls this service out ASAP, as not being able to transfer to a server of choice is impacting the enjoyment of the game for a lot of people.

danpen's Avatar


danpen
07.04.2012 , 10:19 AM | #5108
Quote: Originally Posted by MadBlue View Post
From the Character Transfer Service FAQ.

I have characters on an origin server eligible for outgoing transfers, but my main character is on a server that cannot be selected as a destination server in the character transfer page. What can I do?

At this time, as part of the initial Character Transfer Service, you will only be able to transfer characters between selected servers. Future versions of the Character Transfer Service may allow more options in your choice of destination servers and may require a transfer fee; this may allow characters to be transferred where you wish
.

I hope BW rolls this service out ASAP, as not being able to transfer to a server of choice is impacting the enjoyment of the game for a lot of people.
Hello there,

They are sorting it out so if you need to ask something go to the forums and ask on the help side of them.
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.

Jonoku's Avatar


Jonoku
07.04.2012 , 10:31 AM | #5109
Quote: Originally Posted by MadBlue View Post
I hope BW rolls this service out ASAP, as not being able to transfer to a server of choice is impacting the enjoyment of the game for a lot of people.
It sure is ruining my enjoyment of the game.

danpen's Avatar


danpen
07.04.2012 , 01:47 PM | #5110
I hope they get it sorted out soon oh don't you.
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.