Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Senaini's Avatar


Senaini
06.22.2012 , 07:36 AM | #5021
Quote: Originally Posted by MariaD View Post
I've been spending some time in the first few days after the transfer just reading the chat on the Fleet - to see how people like the change. Most people are very happy. There are several unhappy minorities: people who lost names, people whose guilds did not survive the move, and people who simply dislike 500 people in the same chat channel at the time. Overall, my estimate is that the percentage of happy people is in the high 90s. I also saw a lot of people return after a hiatus, claiming TOR is fun again.
Only a certain amount of people actually speak in general chat. If everyone in that channel did, it would be chaos. Some people are quiet in chat, for many different reasons... but their opinions still matter, whether they voice them there or not, and to pull an overall figure from that is pulling figures out of thin air. So to clarify.. 90% of the people who speak up in fleet while you happen to be reading during a certain time frame are happy. Which means nothing, as the silent majority has not been counted.

Randalan's Avatar


Randalan
06.22.2012 , 08:23 AM | #5022
My 2 cents.

transfer was easy and fast.

I don't like the fact that destination server has priority on names. I think it should be whoever had that name the longest no matter what. I may be wrong in this but from what i gather these moves are mandatory (although advertised as voluntary) since the origin servers are going to be gone shortly.

I don't know about other destination servers but Harbinger is over crowded during what is normal playing times. Any game/server you have to wait to log into because it is completely full is to crowded.

While I like more people on the server than what was on my old server, I dislike the over amount that I am finding on the new one even more. At least on the old one I didn't have problems doing dailies because 20 other people were trying to kill the same 5 mobs.

Jonoku's Avatar


Jonoku
06.22.2012 , 08:50 AM | #5023
Quote: Originally Posted by Devlonir View Post
They didn't miss it, it was mentioned beforehand: Legacies will be merged, and the status of your highest level Legacy will be taken over on the new server. They explained that adding the Legacy XP of your lowest level Legacy to your higher level one will not occur.

So really, it wasn't missed.. they just choose the direction you aren't happy with.
You also didn't understand it clearly, You can't transfer from certain servers like one that is already a destination server for example jung ma. They didn't put in fee transfers just yet, I can't get my legacy off of jung ma to head over to Prophecy of Five. So yes it was missed. Notice I said I'm already on populated servers, it was missed.

This is just getting ridiculous the fact that these aren't in yet and its been 7 months now. I'll even trade my 3 refunds from the 6 months for a transfer right now.

Bioware: We have Free Transfers Underway
Jonoku: Oh cool I get to get all my characters in one big legacy!
Bioware: You can Transfer to chosen destination servers but you don't have to
Jonoku: What but you said transfers?
Bioware: I'm sorry we confused you in any way.
Jonoku: You should've said merges instead, so people wouldnt be disappointed.
Level 55 Juggernaut Tank
Prophecy Of The Five

Thyferra's Avatar


Thyferra
06.22.2012 , 09:44 AM | #5024
A free transfer will most of the time be used to balance out population. Did you really expect them to let you transfer wherever you want on a free transfer and so creating another population disaster?

What you are looking for are paid transfers. Those will come once they either shut down or merge the origin servers into one.

Btw transfers from Jung Ma to Pot5 might never happen since one is a RP-PVP and the other is a PVP server.

BlueIndigo's Avatar


BlueIndigo
06.22.2012 , 10:37 AM | #5025
Quote: Originally Posted by MariaD View Post
I've been spending some time in the first few days after the transfer just reading the chat on the Fleet - to see how people like the change. Most people are very happy. There are several unhappy minorities: people who lost names, people whose guilds did not survive the move, and people who simply dislike 500 people in the same chat channel at the time. Overall, my estimate is that the percentage of happy people is in the high 90s. I also saw a lot of people return after a hiatus, claiming TOR is fun again.
Actually on Jedi Covenant, there is a lot of hating on transferred players going on. Tons of ugly comments and general QQ over how the transfers "ruined the server." Sad but true.

Jonoku's Avatar


Jonoku
06.22.2012 , 11:17 AM | #5026
Quote: Originally Posted by Thyferra View Post
A free transfer will most of the time be used to balance out population. Did you really expect them to let you transfer wherever you want on a free transfer and so creating another population disaster?

What you are looking for are paid transfers. Those will come once they either shut down or merge the origin servers into one.

Btw transfers from Jung Ma to Pot5 might never happen since one is a RP-PVP and the other is a PVP server.
There will be no population disaster simply not allow people to transfer from heavy servers to light servers. SWG did it they didn't allow people to transfer from bria all the way to a dead server like lowca but they allowed otherwise to transfer to other alive servers. Jung Ma to Pot5 will happen, bioware even said this is coming soon as character transfer system progresses. If this doesn't happen, people will leave immediately and u will see a major drop.(so many other issues in the game smh.)

I feel like I'm being treated like crap sometimes.
Bioware:We don't have a word on that yet. We can't discuss that right now.
Jonoku:wut? the game's been out for 7 months and dont want to discuss content with the playerbase? Bioware treats it like the game has yet to be released, when it has been released for 7 months.

Maybe this is a sign that bioware knows themselves the game shouldn't have released on december 2011 but later.
Level 55 Juggernaut Tank
Prophecy Of The Five

HeavensAgent's Avatar


HeavensAgent
06.22.2012 , 03:26 PM | #5027
Quote: Originally Posted by Jonoku View Post
Jung Ma to Pot5 will happen, bioware even said this is coming soon as character transfer system progresses. If this doesn't happen, people will leave immediately and u will see a major drop.(so many other issues in the game smh.
What makes you say this? Jung Ma's population is just as strong as Prophecy's, if not stronger, and both servers are now booming. There's no reason to facilitate transfer from either of them. Additionally, since they are different server types there's even less reason to facilitate transfers between the two, paid or otherwise.
Del'lantam Trooper of Alpha Company, 203rd Republic Expeditionary Legion

DarthSabreth's Avatar


DarthSabreth
06.22.2012 , 04:25 PM | #5028
The only issue that i have is all of my republic toons are on Ebon hawk, i cant move my empire toons to ebon hawk off of lord adraas because i do not have enough space for them. i would love it if they allowed us to choose which destination server we can go too. lord adraas is currently a ghost town now making my empire toons virtually useless.

please open up free xfers off of the origin servers to any destination server soon.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

Jonoku's Avatar


Jonoku
06.22.2012 , 08:19 PM | #5029
Quote: Originally Posted by HeavensAgent View Post
What makes you say this? Jung Ma's population is just as strong as Prophecy's, if not stronger, and both servers are now booming. There's no reason to facilitate transfer from either of them. Additionally, since they are different server types there's even less reason to facilitate transfers between the two, paid or otherwise.
So your saying people shouldn't have a choice to transfer. Of course every other mmo will never allow you to transfer characters to different servers. You'll always be stuck with the one you started with. Both servers obviously don't have any population issues what so ever. My reason to transfer from Jung Ma to Pot5 isn't because of population because they are obviously the same. My reason to transfer is totally unrelevant to population. I have been studying all the swtor populated servers from time to time. If I'm so worried about Population and not care about anything else I'd still be active on Jung Ma.

Transfers Aren't always about population but playing with friends.
Level 55 Juggernaut Tank
Prophecy Of The Five

JamesMon's Avatar


JamesMon
06.23.2012 , 04:27 AM | #5030
Will you give us more than one predetermined server to transfer from?

I don't know how everyone else in the community feels about having only one predetermined server to transfer from, but I feel it definitely isn't enough. I understand that you all want to make sure a server isn't over populated, cut down on possible wait times, and a number of other issues. This is a good thing...dont get me wrong. However, can we get more than one predetermined transfer option. I am currently on the pve west coast server Veeboo Lunx and the predetermined server is pve Drooga's Pleasure Barge another west coast server. Can I get a predetermined east coast pve server to transfer to? This would still allow you to control the server balance while giving us, the players, another option.