Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Muwarr's Avatar


Muwarr
06.15.2012 , 12:48 PM | #4151
Quote: Originally Posted by Xiahoufig View Post
It's sort of darned if you do, and darned if you don't. If they chose to take that into consideration, transfers would then take months to complete as they do a batch, monitor the effects of the transfers in that batch and adjust accordingly. In the meantime, even more people would drop their subs (in theory) thereby keeping the cycle going full circle.
The main problem is that they let the population issues slide for so long without action that mass transfers were necessary, and that the majority of servers no longer have a playable population. Had they taken this seriously a few months ago they could have had much more flexibility in implementation.

Xiahoufig's Avatar


Xiahoufig
06.15.2012 , 12:48 PM | #4152
Quote: Originally Posted by bondKI View Post
Im sure that even more subs will get dropped THIS weekend because Bioware decides to wait...again.
Of course, they're going to lose them either way. However, in theory, the amount that will possibly be lost this weekend would be far less than those that would be lost if they had done say...20% of the servers each month spread out over five or six months. What's going on right now is what I'd like to call the Spock solution: "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one."

It's not perfect and no system that anyone could devise would ever be perfect. You just have to go with what you think is the best one. Now whether or not we all agree that it is the best solution is what this debate is all about in the first place.
The Valakut Legacy- The Shadowlands
Hessero 55 Operative (Concealment now and forever)
Ma'ssar'tau 35 Gunslinger (Boom baby)

Chartman's Avatar


Chartman
06.15.2012 , 12:48 PM | #4153
Quote: Originally Posted by drosc View Post
Hyperspace cannon represent
That was everyone on the fleet at the time, lol.

BulldogzLife's Avatar


BulldogzLife
06.15.2012 , 12:49 PM | #4154
Quote: Originally Posted by HelinCarnate View Post
And you will hear just as many cries for Vornskr or Mind Trick or any of the remaining servers for similar silly reasoning.
They can't argue that it's to carry on the Sith name though!!

reagan_youth's Avatar


reagan_youth
06.15.2012 , 12:50 PM | #4155
I would be more than happy to reactivate my account if Bioware would give a legitimate reason that two PVP East servers were left out. And no, as I said earlier, gathering data does not count. Something that isn't a pre-made copy/paste response would be appreciated.

mjmcooke's Avatar


mjmcooke
06.15.2012 , 12:50 PM | #4156
Quote: Originally Posted by Hambunctious View Post
They could have made Sith Wyrm the final destination server, and at least gotten the pve east squared away. All 13 remaining pve servers will not fit on just 3 already full servers.

The sith server name must carry on, and Sith Wyrm is the last one available.
Are you going to be spamming this all weekend?

Chartman's Avatar


Chartman
06.15.2012 , 12:51 PM | #4157
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaavik View Post
You're leaving out several factors:
  1. How many people only play during the weekend and would only be able to initiate the transfer then (possibly not aware since everyone doesn't monitor the forums)
  2. Even though the destination servers have been given the green light, how many of those ACTIVE players have actually accepted the transfer?
  3. Will they accept the transfer at all?
  4. How many people are going to re-subscribe once it gets out that the server populations are MUCH better? What happend with THEIR characters stranded on a dead server if the destination is full and their friends are there?
So with your argument, we should wait a month because 2 dudes are in jail that play this game and we need to make sure when they get released if they are going to transfer before we move anyone else...

Daesis's Avatar


Daesis
06.15.2012 , 12:51 PM | #4158
There is no logic in leaving the remaining 18% hanging like this. If it really was about analyzing data they wouldn't test with 82% but rather with 50% or lower.

I honestly don't see the reason why the remaining 10 PVE European servers are not merged yet. What exactly are you monitoring? We won't fit on The Eclipse where you merged the other 9 EU PVE servers to, that's obvious so what's holding you up merging us with Bacca's Blade or Dune Bantha?

Also the remaining 2 PVP AU servers do not deserve this treatment, there is absolutely NO reason besides sheer laziness why you haven't merged the remaining 18%. Also if this really was about analysis 1 weekend of data will mean nothing at all.

The only thing you are doing right now, as I tried to explain this week when you decided to ban me for expressing my opinion is drive more players away. I must admit it's great you at least came out saying we don't have to wait this weekend but if you did this on Tuesday you would have saved yourself a lot of subscriptions, honestly.

And please don't come with "aah we didn't want to give wrong information". You just did by telling us you would open up servers today which you didn't.

My guild was having 80 active players on a daily basis, this number has dropped to 20 ish, they had enough with waiting and unsubbed. I tried to keep them around but the pure rage you have invoked with your playerbase is just indescribable. Thanks for destroying my guild and my fun.

Nightmare Lands EU

<The Boondock Saints>

mjmcooke's Avatar


mjmcooke
06.15.2012 , 12:52 PM | #4159
Quote: Originally Posted by Atharyia View Post
Giving someone a gift is a lot different from an actual paid service. How would you like to be waiting in line to return a defective product, while the person in front of you is doing the same. They give him a shiny new replacement and when its your turn in line, they say "sorry we might need to sell the ones we have left over the weekend, come back next week and maybe we can help you". This is extremely unprofessional for a business. Each customer should be taken care of, not thrown out. I shouldn't have to reroll or sit on a empty server with nothing to do while other are happily playing on populated servers.
Problem is, its not your turn yet, you're still in line. And a free transfer is indeed very similar to a gift.

Acespades's Avatar


Acespades
06.15.2012 , 12:53 PM | #4160
Quote: Originally Posted by Daesis View Post
There is no logic in leaving the remaining 18% hanging like this. If it really was about analyzing data they wouldn't test with 82% but rather with 50% or lower.

I honestly don't see the reason why the remaining 10 PVE European servers are not merged yet. What exactly are you monitoring? We won't fit on The Eclipse where you merged the other 9 EU PVE servers to, that's obvious so what's holding you up merging us with Bacca's Blade or Dune Bantha?

Also the remaining 2 PVP AU servers do not deserve this treatment, there is absolutely NO reason besides sheer laziness why you haven't merged the remaining 18%. Also if this really was about analysis 1 weekend of data will mean nothing at all.

The only thing you are doing right now, as I tried to explain this week when you decided to ban me for expressing my opinion is drive more players away. I must admit it's great you at least came out saying we don't have to wait this weekend but if you did this on Tuesday you would have saved yourself a lot of subscriptions, honestly.

And please don't come with "aah we didn't want to give wrong information". You just did by telling us you would open up servers today which you didn't.

My guild was having 80 active players on a daily basis, this number has dropped to 20 ish, they had enough with waiting and unsubbed. I tried to keep them around but the pure rage you have invoked with your playerbase is just indescribable. Thanks for destroying my guild and my fun.

woah, I just had deja vu.

- Ace - Carson
Co-founder: Army of Yonuss
Empire - Tarro Blood - EST - NOW RECRUITING