Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

bondKI
06.15.2012 , 12:41 PM | #4141
Quote: Originally Posted by Xiahoufig View Post
It's sort of darned if you do, and darned if you don't. If they chose to take that into consideration, transfers would then take months to complete as they do a batch, monitor the effects of the transfers in that batch and adjust accordingly. In the meantime, even more people would drop their subs (in theory) thereby keeping the cycle going full circle.
Im sure that even more subs will get dropped THIS weekend because Bioware decides to wait...again.

Elfindreams
06.15.2012 , 12:42 PM | #4142
Quote: Originally Posted by mjmcooke View Post
Because you are not entitled to it. If I have two friends, and I give one of them a gift, can the other demand compensation from me because I didn't give him a gift? Especially if I was already going to give him a gift next week? Why not? He's just as much my friend as the other.

And nothing is stopping you from logging in and playing the game. You could roll a new character on one of the destination servers, you could log into one of your old characters and do dailies or whatever, you could level up a low level alt if you have any. So saying you are unable to play the game is an invalid argument. You may not want do to do any of these things, and that is your choice.
While you have some points, they are not helping calm people nor convincing them and in addition your friends aren't paying you to be their friend.
The Jade Legacy Ebon Hawk
[Nova Imperium] [The Crescent Order]

arcxun
06.15.2012 , 12:42 PM | #4143
We cannot help but feel like the fat kid picked last for baseball. I hope everyone at BW has a super happy fun weekend, but if you would actually log on to those servers left you would find the game is unplayable as an MMO (not enough people). We get all excited only to go through yet another weekend of not being able to play?

Simple question and be straight with us since you obviously knew which servers you weren't going to transfer:

Are we going to be able to transfer or not?

I don't want to be on the server left open for the new FTP people coming in July. I would rather know now so I can work on a character I rerolled...rather than waste my time on my dead server working on my characters hoping to be transferred soon.

I am really tired of reading how everyone is so happy and can actually play with other people now that they are transferred when there are those of us left behind that seriously got the shaft. I came back after not playing for a month (Enjoy that free money) to find out we are one of the people not transferring because someone is measuring data and working weekends is too hard? This absolutely sucks. It is not okay. This is not cool. It is not pleasing fans. You knew exactly what servers wouldn't be transferred. Thanks for being so transparent. Can you understand how that is not cool?
Arc'xun - 50 Operative - Vornskr

drosc
06.15.2012 , 12:43 PM | #4144
Quote: Originally Posted by TellerRage View Post
Hyperspace Cannon Facepalms and kneels in solidarity, to protest not being transferred and being among the 18% who are sentenced to wither away on a dead server for another weekend.

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/3111/facepalm1v.png

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/7500/kneel.png
Hyperspace cannon represent
"The sarlacc found me somewhat indigestible."
―Boba Fett Officer in adrenaline recruiting more for 16 man OPS group check us out http://adrenaline-swtor.enjin.com/home

BulldogzLife
06.15.2012 , 12:43 PM | #4145
Quote: Originally Posted by Xiahoufig View Post
Should it just be us who are in that remaining 20% of servers (in both the US and EU) be compensated or should everyone who was not in that very first batch on Tuesday be compensated?
Tough one to answer here. It was definitely logical the way they did the transfers in waves as to not overload the transferring, and even though I was disappointed when I did not see my server, it was understandable. That they are denying any more transfers for what is around 4 days to monitor populations is a big deal. They have the numbers available and know the amount per server which are actively logging in or total number of active accounts on the server. Measuring over the weekend isn't going to change that, and it just seeks to alienate the 20% of the servers remaining.

Hambunctious
06.15.2012 , 12:43 PM | #4146
They could have made Sith Wyrm the final destination server, and at least gotten the pve east squared away. All 13 remaining pve servers will not fit on just 3 already full servers.

The sith server name must carry on, and Sith Wyrm is the last one available.

Woobies
06.15.2012 , 12:45 PM | #4147
Compensation? I'm not sure if that is realistic.

However, if you pay for a service and the service you receive is not of the same quality that 82% of the other people who paid the same amount for received, I do believe you can ask for a refund of money paid.
Cake is a Lie. Pie is a Lie. Truth can only be found in Twinkies.

Chartman
06.15.2012 , 12:45 PM | #4148
I'm seeing a lot of posts from the team celebrating the fact they already transferred 150+ servers. If a plane goes down and the rescuers save 80% of the people, do you thing they are celebrating? Why not pull a Sully Sullenberger and save everyone? Then we can all celebrate.

Atharyia
06.15.2012 , 12:46 PM | #4149
Quote: Originally Posted by mjmcooke View Post
Because you are not entitled to it. If I have two friends, and I give one of them a gift, can the other demand compensation from me because I didn't give him a gift? Especially if I was already going to give him a gift next week? Why not? He's just as much my friend as the other.

And nothing is stopping you from logging in and playing the game. You could roll a new character on one of the destination servers, you could log into one of your old characters and do dailies or whatever, you could level up a low level alt if you have any. So saying you are unable to play the game is an invalid argument. You may not want do to do any of these things, and that is your choice.
Giving someone a gift is a lot different from an actual paid service. How would you like to be waiting in line to return a defective product, while the person in front of you is doing the same. They give him a shiny new replacement and when its your turn in line, they say "sorry we might need to sell the ones we have left over the weekend, come back next week and maybe we can help you". This is extremely unprofessional for a business. Each customer should be taken care of, not thrown out. I shouldn't have to reroll or sit on a empty server with nothing to do while other are happily playing on populated servers.

HelinCarnate
06.15.2012 , 12:46 PM | #4150
Quote: Originally Posted by Hambunctious View Post
They could have made Sith Wyrm the final destination server, and at least gotten the pve east squared away. All 13 remaining pve servers will not fit on just 3 already full servers.

The sith server name must carry on, and Sith Wyrm is the last one available.
And you will hear just as many cries for Vornskr or Mind Trick or any of the remaining servers for similar silly reasoning.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.