Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EATtheDEAD
06.12.2012 , 12:41 PM | #401
YAY!!!!! i cant transfer my characters off this dead server!!! yeay!!!!!!!!! horray yippie horray!!!!
THERE WON'T BE A HEART LEFT BEATING!
-Sith Warrior's only phrase

Jennasydal
06.12.2012 , 12:42 PM | #402
Quote: Originally Posted by beepinbeeper View Post
My question is will some servers have the same destination?
Can you rephrase your question and clarify what you are asking? And yes, I toned down your screaming font.
Jennacydal
Underhanded

SneiK
06.12.2012 , 12:42 PM | #403
As long as they keep updating the list and EVERYBODY gets a CHANCE to transfer at some point, it's going all good. (really updating, not like someone has to wait months to transfer)

cipher_nemo
06.12.2012 , 12:44 PM | #404
Quote: Originally Posted by AntTHFD View Post
Looks like InfernaMortis(sp?) got his point in ModBall, lol.
Nice. New mini-game while we wait for server transfer news.

Bushranger
06.12.2012 , 12:44 PM | #405
Found this gem on Reddit about sums up this entire thread

"I really don't understand why everyone is losing their **** about their server not being on the list yet. They said "server transfers start on tuesday" not "we're going to make sure everyone gets on the fatman an hour after maitenence and then we will send a designated Bioware employee to your home to fellate you until you are satisfied".
Seriously guys, let's have a little patience. I read some of the replies on their dev thread about it and I lost a little faith in humanity this morning."
Let your game speak!

bangkokbetty
06.12.2012 , 12:44 PM | #406
I understand the need to start slow but 2 things to consider:

1) As others have said, 4 NA servers to start is a bit appalling. That is insulting by any metric. Would a nice round number like 10 NA servers broken their backs? Would it be too much for the monkeys they seem to have randomly banging on their computers?

2) Again, I understand the need to start slow "just in case" and the logic of filling Fatman first does make some sense. But doesn't it make more sense to kill 2 birds with one stone by transferring players from say 5 low pops to a medium pop (and I use to term medium pop lightly. It just means less dead)? I mean, Fatman doesn't need any help. Those players are fine. By migrating the really dead servers to the dead outside 2 hours during primetime servers, you are taking care of more players in a more efficient manner. By transferring to fatty, this is half as efficient and arguably, is destructive as fatty becomes overpopulated and the population becomes a detriment instead of a positive. It doesn't have to be absolutely full or absolutely dead BW;

One interruption of the initial list of transfers could be that we are indeed heading towards a massive consolidation of servers to 10 or less. Which is all well and good but as far as we know, they have not raised pop caps and there is no time table for this. What makes this concerning then, is if they are trying to create massive severs with these transfers but are also still working on increasing pop caps, how long of a time table are we on mostly dead servers looking at here??? Because with no word at all of super servers, we have to assume if that is what they are still working the tech out for, those of us falling into the median could have a LONG wait before we are looking at healthy pops to play with.

The disappointment the community feels is partly because of the in no way can it be interpreted other than infinitely tiny amount of servers this morning, and the complete and utter uncertainty of what the future of our servers are at this point. How far away is my server from a transfer? Is it even eligible for a transfer? I understand BW s reluctance to answer destination servers as those can change; they have no excuse not to tell us whether we can expect to be origin servers and where in the priority of transfers we can expect to be.

BatMorph
06.12.2012 , 12:44 PM | #407
I'm hoping that Rubat Crystal gets added to the transfer list one way or another or my family and it's 4 accounts are gone. I've been patient so far, and will give them until the 18th(day before our subs are up). I love this game, my family loves this game, yet not enough to reroll all of my characters on another server. If they think I can afford to wait until paid transfers they are crazy, I'm not wealthy enough to move that many characters.
Sanguinem Genus - Warning...This guild is NOT for the weak. We are located on The Ebon Hawk.

ObiJuanShenobi
06.12.2012 , 12:44 PM | #408
Quote: Originally Posted by embryoenigma View Post
I hate to be another complainer but I have several high level characters on a dead server (mask of nihilus) which is neither an origin server or destination server and without cross server group finder for flashpoints, I might as well not be playing an MMO. I'm sorry but I pay a monthly subscription to play an MMO with other people. It gets a little boring to have to re-roll the same characters on another server and do everything all over again. Particularly, since its rather linear and I just do the same things over and over and over. I understand you are doing the best you can with these server transfers but I really think you need to add to the list a little bit or start combining servers.
Transfers are still in the works, bro.
The Lightstrider Legacy

Darth Crucious I Darth Imperius I Master Darkstrider I Master Liam Lightstrider I Captain Evie Lightstrider I Agent Morran Lightstrider I Major Tanken I Nikro, Hired Gun

EATtheDEAD
06.12.2012 , 12:45 PM | #409
Quote: Originally Posted by Bushranger View Post
Found this gem on Reddit about sums up this entire thread

"I really don't understand why everyone is losing their **** about their server not being on the list yet. They said "server transfers start on tuesday" not "we're going to make sure everyone gets on the fatman an hour after maitenence and then we will send a designated Bioware employee to your home to fellate you until you are satisfied".
Seriously guys, let's have a little patience. I read some of the replies on their dev thread about it and I lost a little faith in humanity this morning."
i want all toon on fatman! now! NOOOOOOWW~!!!$@$@!!!
THERE WON'T BE A HEART LEFT BEATING!
-Sith Warrior's only phrase

ObiJuanShenobi
06.12.2012 , 12:45 PM | #410
Quote: Originally Posted by EATtheDEAD View Post
YAY!!!!! i cant transfer my characters off this dead server!!! yeay!!!!!!!!! horray yippie horray!!!!
Transfers are still going on, bro.
The Lightstrider Legacy

Darth Crucious I Darth Imperius I Master Darkstrider I Master Liam Lightstrider I Captain Evie Lightstrider I Agent Morran Lightstrider I Major Tanken I Nikro, Hired Gun