Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Keymod's Avatar


Keymod
06.14.2012 , 02:35 PM | #3291
Quote: Originally Posted by Jawgust View Post
This post is unbelievably ignorant. People don't roll on PVP servers for warzones - they roll on PVP servers for the environmental PVP factor. The type of server you're on has nothing to do with warzones.
Agreed good post
Buzzbrad - The Shadowlands From The Razor - Mercenary
DDE VIP

TallonAybara's Avatar


TallonAybara
06.14.2012 , 02:36 PM | #3292
Quote: Originally Posted by Leggomy View Post
I read it nowhere does it say all servers will be a destination or origin.
This is direct from the FAQ, whose link is in the main article.

The initial Character Transfer Service will be available starting from June 12, 2012 after our regular scheduled server maintenance. The service will be made available gradually, starting with a small number of origin servers and adding more until all servers eligible for transfer are available in the service. Eligible servers will be listed as they become available for transfers at www.swtor.com/transfer. This is to prevent potential server load issues. Free character transfer between selected servers will remain available for as long as it is needed to help balance server populations.

Tmbn's Avatar


Tmbn
06.14.2012 , 02:37 PM | #3293
Quote: Originally Posted by DecanAndersen View Post
Please, no more to The Red Eclipse, we are on the breaking point.
We are right now at Very Heavy, and about 30 people i use to play with, cant log in, including my self.
This was before i restarted my game to get sound back.
That will just be in some days or weeks. In a short while it will level out.

Blaac's Avatar


Blaac
06.14.2012 , 02:37 PM | #3294
Quote: Originally Posted by TallonAybara View Post
This is direct from the FAQ, whose link is in the main article.

The initial Character Transfer Service will be available starting from June 12, 2012 after our regular scheduled server maintenance. The service will be made available gradually, starting with a small number of origin servers and adding more until all servers eligible for transfer are available in the service. Eligible servers will be listed as they become available for transfers at www.swtor.com/transfer. This is to prevent potential server load issues. Free character transfer between selected servers will remain available for as long as it is needed to help balance server populations.
Eligible servers =/= all servers. Its in reference to all underpopulated servers.
~KNOWLEDGE IS POWER AND TRUE SITH DO NOT SHARE POWER~

* *

Belaeren's Avatar


Belaeren
06.14.2012 , 02:38 PM | #3295
Quote: Originally Posted by mitigated View Post
You can do PVE on your own. When our PVP que doesnt pop we cant do anything.
Don't assume that just because we are on a PVE server, that we don't PVP - just as I wouldn't assume people on PVP servers don't do any Ops/FPs. There are a ton of dedicated PVPers on my PVE server (Sith Meditation Sphere), myself included. You can only do so many Ops/FPs, PVP fills in the rest of the time and is actually a prime choice of activity all the time anyway. Speaking for myself, I rolled on a PVP server simply because I just didn't want to get ganked while doing dailies or routine questing.

Yokomohoyos's Avatar


Yokomohoyos
06.14.2012 , 02:38 PM | #3296
Quote: Originally Posted by miglor View Post
Christ, did they only add like 3-4 servers today? *** Biofail?
Yesterday the count was at 122 servers, today there are a total of 137 servers identified as source servers.
I unsubscribed to this game and still have time remaining on it. I am hopeful - probably naive in that regard - that EA / BioWare will make this game the fruitful business venture that it *can be* and still warrant continued subscription. There are other leisure activities in the universe.

Ansalem's Avatar


Ansalem
06.14.2012 , 02:38 PM | #3297
You know whats funny about all this? Every now and then we get a post from some mod saying how they want to keep us informed and communicate with us...yet they never give us anything substantial. Its always 'hope' 'plan' 'in the future' etc. They never give us a yes or no until the end of the day and thats only to tell us when they are actually done for the day. It would be nice if they would have just said We plan on these 6 servers as our main destination servers but if numbers tell us otherwise we will add another server to that list...at least tell us where we are going to end up! We get it you want to balance pops thats great...but bioware you could have been a lot more helpful during this painful process. Stop acting like this is a state of war and you are guarding every secret ever no matter how lame or important it is! INFORM US WITH ACTUAL INFORMATION INSTEAD OF EMPTY PROMISES AND HOT AIR!

Keymod's Avatar


Keymod
06.14.2012 , 02:38 PM | #3298
F5 button nearly broken just update us bioware
Buzzbrad - The Shadowlands From The Razor - Mercenary
DDE VIP

Jawgust's Avatar


Jawgust
06.14.2012 , 02:38 PM | #3299
Quote: Originally Posted by Blaac View Post
Eligible servers =/= all servers. Its in reference to all underpopulated servers.
But they have already transferred numerous servers that were not underpopulated - therefore it stands to reason that these transfers should affect all servers (except the European RP ones).

SirLimbo's Avatar


SirLimbo
06.14.2012 , 02:38 PM | #3300
Quote: Originally Posted by BrunoLogan View Post
Sorry, you're wrong.
If you think the game can only support 1 EU English PvP Server then you are being very short sighted and not looking at the upcoming 1.3 brining ranked warzones and LFG which people have been demanding since day 1. Not to mention the first expansion. People do return and join games for these features alone.

Quote: Originally Posted by Harakir View Post
Yes and alot more ppl will resub when D3 hype die , tell that to EA maybe you get a job lol
The Diablo hype is already dying. Perhaps you should go read their official forums, or other PC game related forums, maybe even look into the class action lawsuit being held in Korea regarding the game.

Quote: Originally Posted by xandax View Post
So you're guessing on how many return? And how many of those '40/50' people will remain even if not transferred to a healthy server?
A server population with 200-300 people online during peak is considered healthy. How many more people do you need to do warzones and flashpoints?!