Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

BrunoLogan's Avatar


BrunoLogan
06.14.2012 , 02:19 PM | #3241
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
For us on the remaining 3 EU pvp english servers there is only 1 thing they can do.Raise player cap
on TOFN and place us there fast.
I share the same idea!

Blaac's Avatar


Blaac
06.14.2012 , 02:19 PM | #3242
Quote: Originally Posted by Leggomy View Post
So if you like the server empty then dont transfer. What are you talking about? You dont even want your server to be populated as you just stated. I want 30 min queues. Id LOVE to wait 30 mins on someone instead of sitting for 3 months now trying to find 8 people who want to do the thing to begin with. If you like a deserted server you have 100s to choose from.
Saying I dont want overpopulation is not the same as saying I want a population. Which is why I am saying BW should not rush this transfer. I have alot of friends, and one of the last things I would want is for in the middle of the transfer process BW switches the destination server because everyone rushed them and the destination server is OVER full now.

And you say you like 30 minute queues now... until you have them. Then you will be right back here complaining again about how BW should have taken more time and gotten it right.
~KNOWLEDGE IS POWER AND TRUE SITH DO NOT SHARE POWER~

* *

SirLimbo's Avatar


SirLimbo
06.14.2012 , 02:21 PM | #3243
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
For us on the remaining 3 EU pvp english servers there is only 1 thing they can do.Raise player cap
on TOFN and place us there fast.
I disagree. The remaining 3 will be enough to start a second healthy server going. The three combined can reach around 200-300 active during peak on each side and we have room for expansion. Not everyone wants to go to ToFN.

Xiahoufig's Avatar


Xiahoufig
06.14.2012 , 02:22 PM | #3244
[QUOTE=kmufc;4640231]
Quote: Originally Posted by Blaac View Post
Saying I dont want overpopulation is not the same as saying I want a population. Which is why I am saying BW should not rush this transfer. I have alot of friends, and one of the last things I would want is for in the middle of the transfer process BW switches the destination server because everyone rushed them and the destination server is OVER full now.

And you say you like 30 minute queues now... until you have them. Then you will e right back here complaining again.[/QUOTE
Hes already said he would rather wait 30 mins than having a dead server?
He wouldn't but there are others who wouldn't. There are already a few topics on the general discussion forums with people complaining about the larger populations and occasional queues. I just don't want to see a repeat of early access and launch all over again. That's part of the reason we're in this mess in the first place. (there are others, but that's for another day)
The Valakut Legacy- The Shadowlands
Hessero 55 Operative (Concealment now and forever)
Ma'ssar'tau 35 Gunslinger (Boom baby)

The_Real_Che's Avatar


The_Real_Che
06.14.2012 , 02:22 PM | #3245
Wow...still no HoG
.::El-Che::.
Prophecy of the Five / Canderous Ordo

Leggomy's Avatar


Leggomy
06.14.2012 , 02:22 PM | #3246
Quote: Originally Posted by Blaac View Post
I have alot of friends, and one of the last things I would want is for in the middle of the transfer process BW switches the destination server because everyone rushed them and the destination server is OVER full now.
How many times do they have to say once the servers are linked they will not unlink them without PLENTY of warning?

Keymod's Avatar


Keymod
06.14.2012 , 02:22 PM | #3247
Quote: Originally Posted by Leggomy View Post
I agree plus they pretty much already told us (without actually telling us of course because they never can just say what they mean) that we wont be origin or destination on darth bandon. Looks like after tomorrow they are basically done. 17 East coast PVE servers left out of the whole thing. 1000s of people who could all be having fun screwed over because somehow in 2012 a multi million dollar company cannot figure out something as basic as server transfers.
Couldn't say it better
Buzzbrad - The Shadowlands From The Razor - Mercenary
DDE VIP

TallonAybara's Avatar


TallonAybara
06.14.2012 , 02:22 PM | #3248
Quote: Originally Posted by Leggomy View Post
I agree plus they pretty much already told us (without actually telling us of course because they never can just say what they mean) that we wont be origin or destination on darth bandon. Looks like after tomorrow they are basically done. 17 East coast PVE servers left out of the whole thing. 1000s of people who could all be having fun screwed over because somehow in 2012 a multi million dollar company cannot figure out something as basic as server transfers.
PLEASE go read the article on the front page. They have said time and again all servers will be either destination or origin. The Only exception is EU RP.

mjmcooke's Avatar


mjmcooke
06.14.2012 , 02:22 PM | #3249
Quote: Originally Posted by curtkram View Post
I'm really curious as to what you've discovered. You must have some sort of data and information and what not. What are people doing? Is it along the lines of whatever predictions or assumptions you started with?

Monitoring over the weekend should be tricky too, because you're kind of putting yourselves in a position where the act of observing the servers will effect the outcome of what you're observing. A lot of people may be logging into their old dead servers for the first time in months just to see how it's doing now that transfers are coming. So whatever number you're looking at that could equate to an active player could be false to begin with if that active player is only temporarily visiting an old haunt.
Its pretty well known that observing an experiment changes the outcome, but such is life (and science).

NotSevv's Avatar


NotSevv
06.14.2012 , 02:23 PM | #3250
More servers today or no, we want to know!
Viral (Corellian Run)
It burns when I PvP (Prophecy of the Five) GM