Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AntTHFD
06.14.2012 , 01:52 PM | #3151
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
We're watching the populations, watching how many are transferring, considering the impact of those transfers, and working to ensure destination servers have a healthy population. All of this data informs what we open up and where those servers go. It's important that we let the data we're receiving guide the process, and we appreciate everyone's understanding.
^^ Good stuff. This is the type of stuff we want to know. Keep it coming.
REDRUM
The Shadowlands
A casual guild for adults that behave like children.
Antorius, Guildleader

Keymod
06.14.2012 , 01:53 PM | #3152
Quote: Originally Posted by AntTHFD View Post
^^ Good stuff. This is the type of stuff we want to know. Keep it coming.
I just hope transfers finish tomorrow.
Buzzbrad - The Shadowlands From The Razor - Mercenary
DDE VIP

Jawgust
06.14.2012 , 01:53 PM | #3153
We're watching the populations, watching how many are transferring, considering the impact of those transfers, and working to ensure destination servers have a healthy population. All of this data informs what we open up and where those servers go. It's important that we let the data we're receiving guide the process, and we appreciate everyone's understanding.
Is there any chance you can let us know whether you plan to open a third PVE-EC destination?

Elfindreams
06.14.2012 , 01:53 PM | #3154
Thank you very much. Can you also (in general terms) shed some light on why servers are being chosen for different roles or why certain servers are being done before others? Is it just what you think will fit that particular shape, random, some other metric?
The Jade Legacy Ebon Hawk
[Nova Imperium] [The Crescent Order]

Leskit
06.14.2012 , 01:54 PM | #3155
No worries by the weekend I'm sure there will be a few thousand less subs due to the "gradual" process. I have to hand it to you guys you type a lot on here and really say nothing. It's all "maybes" and "what ifs" and "soon". Here's one thing that's a sure bet for you, June 20th 2012 you will be 15 dollars poorer.

Have a nice day.
Rodek <Avatars of WAR> officer.

lELADRIN
06.14.2012 , 01:54 PM | #3156
I've been patient so far, biding my time and not being vocal on this. BUT get to Belgoth's Beacon already, were one of 7 pvp servers in NA left, get us our transfer or send people to us already.
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor 3.2GHz OC to 3.9GHz
16GB DDR3 2000 Kingston HyperX RAM
Dual 9800GT 2Gb ram SLI 600 MHz core clock OC to 705 MHz (120fps to 50 fps)
Asus M4N75TD NVIDIA 750a SLI chipset

cipher_nemo
06.14.2012 , 01:54 PM | #3157
Bioware rep communication! Whoot!

SirLimbo
06.14.2012 , 01:54 PM | #3158
Quote: Originally Posted by Nuberoja View Post
My guess, the PVE and PVP server on EU are now full and the servers not selected for transfers so far are not enought populated for a new server destination to become healthy, so now BIOWARE need to think what they do with those server left:

Allow them to transfer to the already nearly full servers and risk queues.
Create a new destination and left the poor bastards, (im included) on a trash server with much lower population.
Well I consider myself lucky, I did not want to end up on ToFN. I hope they will make either Basilisk Droid or Bloodworthy a destination server and then those who want to actually transfer off of ToFN (Yes believe me there are lots) can head off either through paid or Bioware could allow transfers off for a short period. Or as has been suggested before, change an origins servers current destination.

Blaac
06.14.2012 , 01:55 PM | #3159
No mention of Krayt Dragon yet.... *Here's hoping we are a destination server!*
~KNOWLEDGE IS POWER AND TRUE SITH DO NOT SHARE POWER~

alifaraaz
06.14.2012 , 01:55 PM | #3160
Yeah that seems like the more logical thing. Yes people could come back, like Legions of Lettow had 250 ppl online after 1.2 for about a week and then slowly died down. But don't forget those who left on other servers. When they return if they return either server caps will be raised or new transfers etc.

But in general I think this is what they're going for. Slowly raising the caps and working towards said super servers.

Course I could be totally wrong we may have 2 PvP servers one just being less populated. And then over time they may even out.
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]