Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ObiJuanShenobi
06.14.2012 , 10:18 AM | #2641
Quote: Originally Posted by metalgearyoda View Post
its not going to work. Its going to be a medium server in 2 weeks.
It wont be any less of a population than Fatman once the smoke clears. Servers are still transferring and they are going to keep beefing prophecy up.

You gotta think man, everyone that was already on Fatman were re-rollers who will be leaving in droves to take part in this transfer process.
The Lightstrider Legacy

Darth Crucious I Darth Imperius I Master Darkstrider I Master Liam Lightstrider I Captain Evie Lightstrider I Agent Morran Lightstrider I Major Tanken I Nikro, Hired Gun

L-RANDLE
06.14.2012 , 10:18 AM | #2642
Quote: Originally Posted by mjmcooke View Post
The Razor
Sith Med Sphere.... Here.. GL friend... I think SMS is stuck until next week..

On a separate note, I thought some BW rep said it would not take "weeks or months"? Looks like "a week" is in the forecast.... EPIC FAIL!!! I know it nit-picky, but that's the point I am at now.
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

Vialator
06.14.2012 , 10:19 AM | #2643
Nightmare land to red eclipse please?
Huh?

metalgearyoda
06.14.2012 , 10:20 AM | #2644
Quote: Originally Posted by ObiJuanShenobi View Post
It wont be any less of a population than Fatman once the smoke clears. Servers are still transferring and they are going to keep beefing prophecy up.

You gotta think man, everyone that was already on Fatman were re-rollers who will be leaving in droves to take part in this transfer process.
depends on how long ago your server died.

Does your old server have as many 50s and legacy as your new server? If not, you are going to send your old characters to POF and then keep playing your new server till paid transfers and pick up your old characters later.
Ganking leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to pvp.
The Swtor forum attracts trolls because the forums are more fun than raiding dragon soul.
Complaining is the new meta game.

Xiij
06.14.2012 , 10:20 AM | #2645
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
Sith Med Sphere.... Here.. GL friend... I think SMS is stuck until next week..

On a separate note, I thought some BW rep said it would not take "weeks or months"? Looks like "a week" in in the forecast.... EPIC FAIL!!! I know it nit-picky, but that's the point I am at now.
I thought I had read they were going to get everyone by the end of this week. Or I guess prior to next maintenance.

JefferyClark
06.14.2012 , 10:20 AM | #2646
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks, just wanted to let you all know that we will be opening up more servers today. I also wanted to remind everyone that the opening of origin servers for free character transfers is now in the fine-tuning stage. We will be monitoring server populations and seeing how they stabilize. What this means is that, while we will open up more origin servers today, you're going to see fewer opening up this week and into the next. The weekend will also provide more data for us.
Quote: Originally Posted by Chartman View Post
While I understand the need for metrics, at this point in time you would be better to error on the side of risk. The servers left are so under-populated that people are beyond fed up. Add to that the lack of definitive information on server transfers and the general bad luck to be on the servers not transferred yet is breeding a very angry populace. We are paying you monthly for a service that doesnt work. PVP is MIA from 12am to 12pm. The economies are dwindling (Lack of items on the GTN), and the leveling planets are so underpopulated you cannot do Heroics. So many of the people in my guild and on our server have their paid time coming up in the next few days and a large amount are ready to let their subs drop. I don't want to play this game if all my friends ive been playing with leave the game. Waiting through the weekend is going to cost you subscriptions. We love this game, we want to play this game, please enable us to do just that.
This nicely sums up what I wanted to say, but I'd just like to emphasize: Waiting through the weekend is going to cost you subscriptions. A large chunk of the subscribers who were around for prelaunch/launch will have their subs run out during sometime next week. I can speak for most of Terentatek when I say that if we have to go through yet another dead weekend of waiting hours on end for a pvp queue or trying to get a PUG Norm EV run going while knowing what is going on on Fatman and the other destination server(s), a lot of us will just simply walk away and not look back.
Jeffinas (Guardian)
Exceptional Legion
Prophecy of the Five

DroidDreamer
06.14.2012 , 10:21 AM | #2647
Quote: Originally Posted by Rouncer View Post
Wait... hold on... I am getting a message from beyond.... I think it might be a prophecy.... it's saying that Prophecy of the Five will be a light server within 3 months while the Fatman will flourish and that anyone who moves there instead of rerolling to Fatman is an idiot.
I don't agree with the tone of this post but I agree with the point. Unless more origin servers are added, it's hard to see PoF server having a big population. We were already a very low pop server.

RangerRobEU
06.14.2012 , 10:21 AM | #2648
Quote: Originally Posted by Vialator View Post
Nightmare land to red eclipse please?
You probably won't hear about Nightmare Lands for a while but as it's the 4th largest English (EU) PvE server I'd be surprised if it was an origin for The Red Eclipse destination.

Hawc
06.14.2012 , 10:21 AM | #2649
Quote: Originally Posted by Whiteis View Post
This is what im getting angry about, All the servers with decent pop get merged with a few low pops as well, and the majority they leave out are the dead servers with only a few people on them. Now they are talking about slowing down and moving us into a dead server itself..... I just dont understand this.
It's common sense. Consolidate your larger populations as much as you can, use the smaller ones to fill in any gaps you may have left. Using the dead servers first means they might overfill a server when they get to the medium pop ones.

Atharyia
06.14.2012 , 10:22 AM | #2650
Quote: Originally Posted by ObiJuanShenobi View Post
Im getting a little tired of people creating threads to complain about not getting transferred to Fatman and saying they are unsubbing, and people threaten to unsub if they don't go there.

Do you people seriously lack the foresight that once the transfers settle themselves out that a huge number of people on Fatman would have gone back to their origin server to transfer to wherever their destination server is? It was a huge population place that was populated by people who re-rolled. Not people who started new Legacies and stuff and left their old toons behind, never to be touched again.

Be smarter than you think you are... once the smoke clears, Fatman is not gonna be the main destination for the unforeseeable future...just one of them. Along with Prophecy of the Five and Covenant

Chill the raging out.

So I'm just supposed to sit around and wait for what exactly? All my friends rerolled to fatman, people I met in another game have a swtor chapter that was moved to fatman.my only hope to enjoy the game was to get the chance to play with them. So now I can play on a dead server and wait for paid transfers or unsub and find something new. Everyone I know who rerolled has no intention of leaving to move their other characters to pof, they are quite happy on their full server.